Sandy Alomar Jr.

DBAHO

Well this was an offseason lock if there ever was 1. From MLB.com.

White Sox: Catcher Sandy Alomar Jr. told MLB.com that he has reached a verbal agreement with the White Sox for a one-year deal and hopes to have the actual details hammered out next week. ... Roberto Alomar is on vacation right now, and Sandy said he's not sure what his brother's situation is. Roberto appears to be leaning toward testing the market, according to Sandy, but they haven't talked for a couple of weeks.

Also news about Kerry Lightenberg, mayb a possible option in da pen for 2004.

Orioles: Baltimore declined the option on the contract of right-handed reliever Kerry Ligtenberg, who had been one of the team's most dependable relievers against right-handed betters, allowing a .206 average.

This is kind of a "blah" move.  Nothing to get excited about, but nothing to get angry about either.  He's just here to catch once a week and tutor Olivo.

I hope Kenny has more than this in store for us in terms of "offseason moves."

Very true. Alomar has been great to have around with Olivo being our up and coming catcher. Congrats on his bid to the All-Rookie team BTW....Alomar will never cost much to keep around. I could see him become a great coach or manager after his playing days are over.

Kerry is one guy that I think the Sox will go after.  Shouldn't be too expensive and is effective.  Good to know Sandy is back  :cheers

I hope we go after Kerry b/c like Jas said, "he shouldn't be too expensive and is effective." I think it was in All Star Baseball 2002 that Lightenberg was the best rated reliever in the game. He was like a 97 overall or something like that. That has to say something about the kind of reliever he is: a darn good one! :headbang