Kelly Wunsch

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

This afternoon Mac, Jurko and Harry were talking about the Super Bowl, which is in Houston. Harry said that Kelly Wunsch told him that Kelly "was not invited to Soxfest this year" and so would be able to help out with the Super Bowl broadcasts, cause he lives in Houston. Doesn't sound like Kelly is part of the '04 plans.

It's not like he was told not to come, he just wasn't invited (I hope.) Since the only players that are coming to the Soxfest are the younger players like Willie Harris and Aaron Rowand, so all of the top players aren't coming. Anyway, Kelly Wunsch will be an intricate part of the Sox this year. He has proven to all of the upper management that he can come in and get the job done against any lefty in the league. Its not like Kelly asked to come and the Sox said no. At least he better be part of the Sox 2004 plans.

It's not like he was told not to come, he just wasn't invited (I hope.) Since the only players that are coming to the Soxfest are the younger players like Willie Harris and Aaron Rowand, so all of the top players aren't coming.  Anyway, Kelly Wunsch will be an intricate part of the Sox this year.  He has proven to all of the upper management that he can come in and get the job done against any lefty in the league.  Its not like Kelly asked to come and the Sox said no.  At least he better be part of the Sox 2004 plans.

You're wrong about only the younger players coming to Soxfest.

The list they have out right now is only tenative, you can expect more names to be added later.

Do you really think people would come to Soxfest if Willie Harris and Aaron Rowand are the main attractions? And if that happened to be the case, you've got up to 24 hrs to cancel your reservations with no penalty. :P

I think telling him he's not invited is a lot like telling him not to come, especially when Kelly has always been willing to show up. Its not like they are only inviting the best players on the Sox.

I guess it could be a hint that Munoz or Sanders or both will be in the pen next year.

That's too bad he isn't coming.  He played a pretty bad ass guitar two years ago. :headbang

I agree...he was pretty good!!!! That was a nice event they held that night...him playing the guitar...and I got to catch up with a Kris Honel and met Joe Borchard it was an exciting night...

The term "not invited" can be interpreted in any number of ways.  I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on that little tidbit of information.

I totally agree that this info from Kelly shouldn't be taken too seriously yet.

Lets face it, the Sox have yet to announce who is gonna be at Sox Fest cause half of the team is up in the air, and we are trying to trade the other half. It was like this a few years ago too, then in the final two weeks everyone was announced as scheduled to be there except Frank.

I would bet Kelly will be at Sox Fest.

I totally agree that this info from Kelly shouldn't be taken too seriously yet.

Lets face it, the Sox have yet to announce who is gonna be at Sox Fest cause half of the team is up in the air, and we are trying to trade the other half.  It was like this a few years ago too, then in the final two weeks everyone was announced as scheduled to be there except Frank.

I would bet Kelly will be at Sox Fest.

To be fair.. there is a list of attendees on the official site already.

Did Kelly say "I was asked not to attend.."? or "I have not been invited yet.."? Both mean very different things.

Ahhh.. so Kelly's voice was not heard, eh..?

Ahhhh.. bulls***.. choo.

Harry is such a pot stirrer.

You know I really don't care because I think Wunsch has been a good performer and I get the sense he's a good guy - he had to fight his way into the majors after being a high draft choice, so you gotta respect that - but if a dj was trying to stir up trouble, would he make stuff up about Kelly Wunsch? And in context, they were talking about the Super Bowl, not White Sox hot stove or anything like that. I'm done now.

He usually gets people out.  That's all I care about. 

He's a prankster?  Well, maybe he can give GIDPaul Konerko a hot shoe once in a while so he actually runs faster than tree sap. :lol:

I think tree sap would take exception to that comment. :lol: