Wisdom from 8 year old Sox fan

cwsox

for those who missed this at WSI - and I wanted to post it here only but this site wasn't up and it was good to not post:

As my grandson and I sat in stop and go traffic on 23 last Saturday, on the way to The Game, maybe 10:15 AM, a guy in the car in front of us (with Ohio plates and an OSU sticker) jumps out of the car in his scarlet shirt and runs barely into the woods and urinates.

By the time we got off 23 and onto Washtenaw and almost to Stadium, we saw a bunch of other scarlet clad males do the same.

My grandson says, "I thought only cub fans did that."

About an hour after the game he looks ar me and says, "I want to go the game next year and pee all over their place."

Making plans to go to colUMbus right now.

Raising that child right, Go You White Sox and Go Blue!

I don't think OSU had a convincing win the past two seasons, and they won the championship on a penalty??

That's when my hatred of the LuckEyes began. Win the National Championship on a BS penalty. I'm glad Michigan brought them back down to earth. For 2 seasons, OS was the luckiest team in college football.

I thought that only occured when the BCS campionship occurs.  I thought, of course I'm probalby wrong, that if it is not the championship game it is a big ten school versues a pac-10 school.  Was this changed as well?

Yes, it was.

Did you see a Big 10 vs Pac 10 last year in the Rose Bowl?

The Orange Bowl took Iowa. I doubt the Rose Bowl will buck tradition (great pun, huh?) and put two Big 10 teams that have already played in the Rose Bowl, but Washington State losing cost a Pac 10 team being there unless USC somehow still ends up in the Rose.

You smoking those funny cigarettes again Jas?

No no, I agree with Jas. Looks like USC is going to play for the Nat'l Championship. So is Wazzou going to get a BCS bid? Maybe. Obviously Michigan, Okla, Pitt/Miami/VA Tech, Florida State, USC and Georgia/Florida/Tennessee will get bids for winning the conference. Two wild card spots; I could see them going to OSU, Miami (Fla), and Tennessee. If USC gets to the championship, it's possible to see that...think about the ratings of a OSU vs Michigan Rose Bowl. Huge money would be involved, as it is already.

CW, aside from the horrible traffic situation, how did you enjoy the game?

It was the best sporting event I have ever attended, and even though my row was oversold, (We practically had to stand sideways :lol: ), it was an experience I will always cherish.

I thought it was pretty funny when the fans on the field began taunting the buckeye fan section :lol: . Were there any buckeyes near you? There was one in my area, but he was not very vocal, so I didn't mind him.

No no, I agree with Jas. Looks like USC is going to play for the Nat'l Championship. So is Wazzou going to get a BCS bid? Maybe. Obviously Michigan, Okla, Pitt/Miami/VA Tech, Florida State, USC and Georgia/Florida/Tennessee will get bids for winning the conference. Two wild card spots; I could see them going to OSU, Miami (Fla), and Tennessee. If USC gets to the championship, it's possible to see that...think about the ratings of a OSU vs Michigan Rose Bowl. Huge money would be involved, as it is already.

You're forgetting LSU (most likely an automatic bid) and Texas as a possible at-large team.

What I think will happen...

Sugar: Oklahoma vs. USC

Rose: Michigan vs. Texas

Orange: Miami vs. Ohio State

Fiesta: LSU vs. Florida State

I thought that only occured when the BCS campionship occurs.  I thought, of course I'm probalby wrong, that if it is not the championship game it is a big ten school versues a pac-10 school.  Was this changed as well?

The rules read that the Big Ten and Pac10 Champion will meet in the rose bowl unless they are ranked in the top 2 in the BSC and the rose bowl is not the championship game. However when the rose bowl loses thier team (i.e. USC, #2) they get to replace them, after the fiesta(#1 OU) replaces thiers, with an eligible at-large team(those ranked in the top #12 in the BCS)

Sugar Bowl = OU Vs. USC

that's pretty much set in stone... so here's how i think the selction proscess will break down. I'm assuming Miami wins this weekend and LSU takes the SEC title

Fiesta = Big12 Champ vs. At- large

Rose = BigTen Champ vs. Pac10 Champ

Orange = ACC or BigEast Champ vs. At-large

The SEC Champ is usally placed in the Sugar Bowl, but is displaced this year.

That's 6 conference champs and 2 at-large teams. from the eligible 12 (I included the top 14 because Fla plays FLa St, so one of those will drop out and the SEC championship game will feature 2 of these teams so one of them will drop out)

1 Oklahoma

2 USC

3 LSU

4 Michigan

5 Ohio State

6 Texas

7 Georgia

8 Tennessee

9 Florida State

10 Miami (Fla.)

11 Florida

12 Iowa

13 Miami

14 Purdue

So once automatic bids are give here's it should look

Fiesta: 1st pick vs. last pick

Rose: Michigan vs. 2nd pick

Orange: Miami vs. 3rd pick - Miami @ home will draw well

...LSU, FSU must be picked

The first pick I think is the biggest question mark? It WILL be Either LSU or Texas, but I'm not sure which one. I'm guessing the pick will be LSU. The rose bowl can then pick, I'm guessing Texas. These two can easily be swapped, if the fiesta selects Texas, the rose should select LSU. the Orange will then pick, here's where miami's schedule is going to play with the selection proscess, Major bowls are not likely to make a rematch of a regular season game. Miami played FSU,Florida, Tenessee, they won't likely be picked. Therefore, I'm guessing Ohio St, leaving FSU for the Fiesta.

So the bowls look like this:

Sugar: OU vs. USC

Rose: Michigan vs. Texas

Fiesta: LSU vs. FSU

Orange: Miami vs OSU - rematch of last years title game.