September 21Sep 21 NBC SportsDavis Martin says calf to blame for early exitDavis Martin said his right calf caused him to leave his start Sunday against the Tigers.This is probably why they are managing innings. I'm pretty sure this goes back to the SF series when he landed awkwardly when covering first base.
September 21Sep 21 3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:NBC SportsDavis Martin says calf to blame for early exitDavis Martin said his right calf caused him to leave his start Sunday against the Tigers.This is probably why they are managing innings. I'm pretty sure this goes back to the SF series when he landed awkwardly when covering first base.If we are sending pitchers out there with injured legs....
September 21Sep 21 If you can pitch Martin and Schultz together to get 7 innings I think that would be ideal. But I don't know if Noah makes a playoff roster
September 21Sep 21 3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:If we are sending pitchers out there with injured legs....Now is exactly the time to be playing hurt. I’m sure everyone involved in the decision making, especially the player, agrees with that statement. Well maybe not the doctor but he’s probably a nerd anyway.
September 21Sep 21 This makes me feel slightly better about what I thought was a weird decision at the time
September 21Sep 21 1 hour ago, nrockway said:Now is exactly the time to be playing hurt. I’m sure everyone involved in the decision making, especially the player, agrees with that statement. Well maybe not the doctor but he’s probably a nerd anyway.I wonder how guys like Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada, Luis Robert, and Eloy Jimenez feel today about playing through their injuries being a great idea for their careers?
September 21Sep 21 2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I wonder how guys like Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada, Luis Robert, and Eloy Jimenez feel today about playing through their injuries being a great idea for their careers?I'm sure they'd all like the opportunity to try it for once.
September 21Sep 21 1 minute ago, WestEddy said:I'm sure they'd all like the opportunity to try it for once again.Which is the whole point.
September 21Sep 21 19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:I wonder how guys like Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada, Luis Robert, and Eloy Jimenez feel today about playing through their injuries being a great idea for their careers?I don't see a connection. Are the latter three injury prone because they play through injuries or is it because they're made of glass? Tim just got old. If Martin can suit up and play and pitch like he has been, he needs to. I bet he'd be the first person to say that. Edited September 21Sep 21 by nrockway
September 21Sep 21 27 minutes ago, nrockway said:I don't see a connection. Are the latter three injury prone because they play through injuries or is it because they're made of glass? Tim just got old. If Martin can suit up and play and pitch like he has been, he needs to. I bet he'd be the first person to say that.I am not surprised.
September 21Sep 21 57 minutes ago, nrockway said:I don't see a connection. Are the latter three injury prone because they play through injuries or is it because they're made of glass? Tim just got old. If Martin can suit up and play and pitch like he has been, he needs to. I bet he'd be the first person to say that.The White Sox are the only team in all of professional sports that make their players stay in the game after getting hurt. All other teams pull those players and immediately put them on injured reserve until any hint of injury of pain have completely healed, don't you understand? The Sox do this because Reinsdorf's cheap, Getz is inept, and HISTORY. Not believing this makes us lemmings.
September 22Sep 22 On 9/19/2026 at 9:04 PM, southsider2k5 said:The irony is this is the schtick you pull anytime people even think about criticizing Chris Getz. You have this type of nutter meltdown where you mock them, scream in hysterics, make up something no one ever said, move the goalposts and declare victory. You are what you hate.34 minutes ago, WestEddy said:The White Sox are the only team in all of professional sports that make their players stay in the game after getting hurt. All other teams pull those players and immediately put them on injured reserve until any hint of injury of pain have completely healed, don't you understand? The Sox do this because Reinsdorf's cheap, Getz is inept, and HISTORY. Not believing this makes us lemmings.Check.Check.Check.Check.Check.
September 22Sep 22 1 hour ago, nrockway said:I don't see a connection. Are the latter three injury prone because they play through injuries or is it because they're made of glass? Tim just got old. If Martin can suit up and play and pitch like he has been, he needs to. I bet he'd be the first person to say that.That's all fine and good until he has an elbow/forearm or shoulder issue as a result of compensating.Eg., I currently have plantar fasciitis from walking too much...which then led to a right calf injury because I changed my basic gait to protect the left foot and put slightly less weight on it.
September 22Sep 22 14 hours ago, nrockway said:Now is exactly the time to be playing hurt. I’m sure everyone involved in the decision making, especially the player, agrees with that statement. Well maybe not the doctor but he’s probably a nerd anyway.I hate to bring this up because it's so hokey, try not to barf. Remember the "bloody sock", with self-described living legend Curt Schilling.
September 22Sep 22 15 hours ago, nrockway said:Now is exactly the time to be playing hurt. I’m sure everyone involved in the decision making, especially the player, agrees with that statement. Well maybe not the doctor but he’s probably a nerd anyway.Maybe not the only person whose opinion matters.
September 22Sep 22 22 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:If you can pitch Martin and Schultz together to get 7 innings I think that would be ideal. But I don't know if Noah makes a playoff rosterif Noah looks like that tigers game, he absolutely makes the playoff roster
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.