2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:Third time in my life the Sox lost a pennant or division by one game.1964 (Yankees), 2020 (Twins), 2026 (Guardians)Sad but true. Makes it sadder to know that the Sox left too many wins on the table. But it is what it is, and we are in the post season.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:Buddy do I have news for you!I'm not saying it's over cause the Sox are gonna lose its just the season went by quick
1 hour ago1 hr 43 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:That was part of it.I'll summarize the conversation as I was told.My friend has been connected to the organization for a long time and got together with JR.They had a long discussion.From what I was told, JR told him there would not be any baseball played next year. (I assumed JR knows what the feeling among the other owners is and remember he's on the six man committee advising Manfred on labor matters)As far as broadcasting my friend told me JR said to him that he knows Schriffen "isn't a baseball guy." JR asked my friend what he thought and my friend told him, "I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's just not very good."My friend asked JR what he was going to do given his contract is up and JR said, "You know that I don't do anything when there is a labor issue."My assumption (repeat assumption) is that when (if) baseball is played again Schriffen will say that he's found other work, the Sox won't object and that like when Ed Farmer passed away unexpectedly they'll promote someone in-house (Connor?) to temporarily hold the position and start a national search when the season is over for a permanent replacement.So basically Jerry won't be making the team better either.....
36 minutes ago36 min 47 minutes ago, JoshPR said:So basically Jerry won't be making the team better either.....That's very possible also because there may be an "unspoken" agreement by the clubs that even though the lockout doesn't start until Dec. 1, teams won't be signing or trading for anybody until a new CBA is agreed upon.
13 minutes ago13 min 4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:I think he has improved as well, but still in over his head. You would probably have to sign him for multiple years. That isn’t attractive to me. I hope they move on. He does appear to be a nice guy.I think that Schriff was an OK play by play for the 100+ loss Sox team and its limited audience. Now with Sox a winning team with a bigger profile and audience, JR is probably looking for an upgrade. IMO.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.