Red Sox Deal

chilidog

I've read in other Message Boards that the White Sox could be landing Nomar and Damon if the A-Rod/Manny deal goes through.

This is how it would break down:

Rangers send A-Rod to Boston

Boston sends Manny to Texas and Nomar and Damon to the White Sox

White Sox send Magglio and Koch/Konerko to Boston with possible another player going to Texas.

Similiar to the deal last year. I have no idea if this will occur, but it's the latest buzz.

That would certainly fill some holes, but I think that has about the same likelihood of happening as the Lord Incarnate being our starting pitcher. The other problem with this trade is that it doesn't leave us ANY money to shore up our starting pitching rotation...And those BoSox guys make mad money...I just don't see that happening--and it won't help with a 5th starter...

The key is obviously A-Rod for Manny and Boston inheriting that contract. Look how desperately they tried to unload Ramirez earlier by placing him on waivers; why would they take on a bigger contract.

We'll see. It seems to me that finding a third party dealer won't be too hard to find if the first part of that trade goes down - including the White Sox - and packaging Koch or Konerko doesn't seem to make much sense. What power would the Sox hold in that situation?

Let me start holding my breath now.......

:lol:

I agree. About the same chance of that happening as there is a chance of us trading Konerko for Gagne on the Dodgers. I mean, it makes sense, because the Dodgers can afford to give up some pitching and they need offense, so why not?

Nomar is a year away from free agency and then would fly, fly, fly.

Damon is represented by Boras. Forget that.

And how could Texas sell any tickets marketing Manny the Pig.

Boston has Millar. Why would they need Paulie?

I'm not buying this one.

Does Boras really have this agenda to screw the Sox anyway possible? Even though it may cost his client more money?

That sounds suspect :huh:

I'm sick of people being piss-ass scared of Scott Boras. Unless this guy is biased against the White Sox for some odd reason, f*** it, deal with him. It's obviously the only way you'll land some real talent. If the Sox forget players because Boras is their agent, they have some serious issues. Stop being pussies and just do it.

Now so I don't look like an off topic bastard, I WOULD LOVE IF THAT TRADE HAPPENED. But it won't. :( :( :(

That's soooo Bulls***. I don't beliave that deal for a second, Give me a link or a source and still i won't bealive that bulls***. No way the Sox get's nomar. LOL What a bunch of bull. It sounds like an All Star Baseball 2004 trade, where you get Orlando Cabrera for Brian Roberts.. LOL!! Tooo much silver and black kool - aid