Maggs-Nomar swapped, pending A-rod

Loaiza21

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ichiro and Nomar more or less equal each other out, if Danny Wright is not enough, then send Valentine or Konerko. :fthecubs

Then think about this for a second.

If you had Freddy Garcia, would you trade him for Danny Wright.

I think you know the answer to that my friend.

The issue continues to be the essential difference between restructuring and reducing," Orza told The Boston Globe on Tuesday night. "We don't authorize reducing, we authorize restructuring. There has to be some added value to the player."

ok, so on principle I understand why this is not a good precedent to establish...but if a guy wants to alter his contract in a way that benefits Team A, Team B AND the player...why not? I would suggest it just has to go through both the Player's union and the commish.

Yes, they're "inflated" for pitchers, so what?

Nomar is a free agent(I believe) at the end of the year, and unless he has an all-time career terrible year, he'll command as much money as Maggs.  If the Sox won't pony up the dough for a career .300-30-100 guy at the Cell, why would they give it to someone who I fear would consistently put up .270-20-75, playing in Chicago?  They'll lose him after one season, and get a few measly draft picks for him.  Perez and Mota are both signed for awhile(exactly why Evans HAS to trade Perez, and hesitates to include Mota in on deals), and the prospects could help restock our somewhat depleted farm system.  Lefty starters are ALWAYS a commodity, and prospects can ALWAYS be used as trade chips.

That's why the trade was contingent on being able to sign him to an extension. And anyway I'd rather have one year of Nomar than five of Odalis Perez.

How can you say, "Yes, they're 'inflated' for pitchers, so what?" when you based your whole argument to that point on devauling Nomar's numbers at Fenway. :bang

Odalis "The Messiah" Perez

Home 6-3 2.73 ERA .99 WHIP .215 AVG against

Road 6-9 5.59 ERA 1.45 WHIP .297 AVG against

Sign him up.

That's why the trade was contingent on being able to sign him to an extension.  And anyway I'd rather have one year of Nomar than five of Odalis Perez.

How can you say, "Yes, they're 'inflated' for pitchers, so what?" when you based your whole argument to that point on devauling Nomar's numbers at Fenway. :bang

Odalis "The Messiah" Perez

Home 6-3 2.73 ERA .99 WHIP .215 AVG against

Road 6-9 5.59 ERA 1.45 WHIP .297 AVG against

Sign him up.

IMO Odalis Perez = Todd Ritchie + bad attitude.