Valentin to LA or Seattle or RF?

RibbieRubarb

I'd really like to get Randy Winn to play center for us and leadoff, but the M's won't do that deal, unless they would decide to play Valentin at third and move Spezio to the outfield.

One thing that is talked about is the Sox possibly signing Gonzalez, which IF Garciaparra were here, would give us eight right-handed hitters in the lineup and one lefy (Harris), which would be really stupid on our part.

I don't mind Rowand, but we have assure we can have a replacement in right for Maggs, or get a centerfielder and move Rowand to right.

one thing that can happen is Valentin may go to the Angels since they don't have anything set up with their middle infield. the only trade there, however, would be for Erstad, who is going to make $3-4 million more than Valentin next year.

I don't see us getting Nomar, but if we do, we gotta find a trade with Valentin that gets us an outfielder.

Send Valentin to Texas for Laynce Nix.  Throw in a pitching prospect if need-be (not top teir).  Texas needs a SS (as long as the AROD deal goes down) and pitching.  I liked what I saw from Nix last year and also gives us a lefty stick.

Why would they send one of their good young prospects for Jose Valentin who is overpaid at 5 mil. The whole reason behind this A Rod deal is to shed payroll, so they arent going to be in the market for Jose Valentin.

For a deal like that to work, the Sox would have to add a quality pitching prospect rather than the "not top tier" prospect as you suggested. Nix has been compared to Brian Giles at this stage in his career so he would warrant that much in a trade. Texas would be SS-less and starving for pitching so this could fit the bill. Not a bad idea, but I doubt if it comes to fruition.

I'd really like to get Randy Winn to play center for us and leadoff, but the M's won't do that deal, unless they would decide to play Valentin at third and move Spezio to the outfield.

One thing that is talked about is the Sox possibly signing Gonzalez, which IF Garciaparra were here, would give us eight right-handed hitters in the lineup and one lefy (Harris), which would be really stupid on our part.

I don't mind Rowand, but we have assure we can have a replacement in right for Maggs, or get a centerfielder and move Rowand to right.

one thing that can happen is Valentin may go to the Angels since they don't have anything set up with their middle infield.  the only trade there, however, would be for Erstad, who is going to make $3-4 million more than Valentin next year.

I don't see us getting Nomar, but if we do, we gotta find a trade with Valentin that gets us an outfielder.

Wynn is out there and he'd be the best fit, although Guillen fits well too. I think the Sox will wait for the non-tenders on Garcia cause they feel they can get him cheaper.

But I absolutely love the idea of Randy Wynn.

Winn is a switch hiter, so he could be a leadoff switch hitter.

I hope such a trade is possible, he is one of my favorite players.