Can the white sox win the division?

Dsavmonster

a lot of teams (ex.Orioles,yankees,redsox) have made big signings so far this offseason. So far the white sox have not been included in trying to sign one of the big free agents this offseason. I understand that our division is pretty bad because of the twins loss of Eddie Guardado and Latroy Hawkins, but I still think we need to have a good team to win the division.

Right now I really dont like the way we look, we have a ton of open holes in our lineup. We have no official good leadoff hitter except maybe the very unexpirenced willie harris. Also that trade for Juan Uribe was just plain horrible. Aaron miles had an at bat in the third game of that series with minnesota at the end of the year. If you dont remember he hit a shot over the second basemens head and got a single. I looked at Juan Uribes numbers and they didnt impress me that much. On the other hand Aaron miles could become a great player. :fthecubs :snr :lolhitting :usa :nono

Welcome aboard Dsav, if I haven't said it yet. Your point is certainly a valid one. Its even more scary to think that KW says we are over budget, with these holes still on the 25 man roster. Gonna be an interesting Spring Training. I look for 2-3 of the non-tendered guys to get a shot in ST. Hopefully Redman and maybe Garcia. I could live with Buehrle, ELoz, Garland, Redman, Garcia rotation.

a lot of teams (ex.Orioles,yankees,redsox) have made big signings so far this offseason. So far the white sox have not been included in trying to sign one of the big free agents this offseason. I understand that our division is pretty bad because of the twins loss of Eddie Guardado and Latroy Hawkins, but I still think we need to have a good team to win the division.

Right now I really dont like the way we look, we have a ton of open holes in our lineup. We have no official good leadoff hitter except maybe the very unexpirenced willie harris. Also that trade for Juan Uribe was just plain horrible. Aaron miles had an at bat in the third game of that series with minnesota at the end of the year. If you dont remember he hit a shot over the second basemens head and got a single. I looked at Juan Uribes numbers and they didnt impress me that much. On the other hand Aaron miles could become a great player.  :fthecubs  :snr  :lolhitting  :usa  :nono

If we dont f*** up and lose Maggs I think we'll be fine. We cant f*** around for half the season like we did last year though.

Right now I think it's between us and the Royals, and the Sox have the better pitching just like last year (though another starter or two wouldn't hurt). The lineup needs to be improved a bit (mainly 2B, leadoff, bench) or there will be more 1-0 losses in Detroit due to lack of a real catalyst.

Right now I really dont like the way we look, we have a ton of open holes in our lineup. We have no official good leadoff hitter except maybe the very unexpirenced willie harris. Also that trade for Juan Uribe was just plain horrible. Aaron miles had an at bat in the third game of that series with minnesota at the end of the year. If you dont remember he hit a shot over the second basemens head and got a single. I looked at Juan Uribes numbers and they didnt impress me that much. On the other hand Aaron miles could become a great player.  :fthecubs  :snr  :lolhitting  :usa  :nono

Why is that so many Sox fans on the Internet seem to revel in trying to make their team seem just as bad if not worse than the Detroit Tigers?

There really shouldn't be any doubt in KW's ability to assemble a talented team. The real question that folks should be focusing on is whether or not the new manager is mentally competent enough to do anything with it.

I Really think this season is going to go basically the same as last year. This division will not be decided until the last week. But instead of a 3 team race, the indians will be in on it too. NOBODY in the central has done anything and i still think the sox have a decent to good shot of winning the division

Let's be honest, in any other division, this team would be buried by May 15th. However, this is the weakest divison since the 1994 AL West, when the division leader led the division with a record that was 2 games under .500 (Texas?) - before the strike hit.

This team needs to get off of its bad habit of playing uninspired, lazy, half-ass baseball the first 2 months of the season. I truly think that whomever gets off to the hottest start the first 2 months will win the division.

This division is as far from a "powerhouse" as Nevada is from the East Coast.

However, in the grand scheme of things, I would like to do more than win a God-awful horrible division.

I would like to have a roster than can at least compete with anyone due to our pitching staff.

Kenny, you have a lot of work to do, but better you than me. It sucks to be you, right about now.

Right now I think it's between us and the Royals, and the Sox have the better pitching just like last year (though another starter or two wouldn't hurt).  The lineup needs to be improved a bit (mainly 2B, leadoff, bench) or there will be more 1-0 losses in Detroit due to lack of a real catalyst.

We have 3 starters, and have lost our best righty reliever. I can't say we have better pitching that KC at this point in time.