I think you can forget about Ponson

spataro51

Well i think are dreams of ponson coming to us are pretty dim right now. Baltimore and ponsons agent are having discussions are both interested in one another. Ponson's agent says hopefully deal can be made in few days. here is the quote from the baltimore sun ---

Though no formal offers have been made, the Orioles are still working to re-sign starting pitcher Sidney Ponson, with vice president Mike Flanagan spearheading the negotiations.

"Mike and I have had several conversations during the past week," Ponson's agent, Barry Praver said, "and there appears to be mutual interest. But I would not want to handicap the outcome. I believe both the Orioles and Sidney would like to see this resolved one way or another in the next couple days."

Lets hope a bidding war heats up for vlad and the O's will over spend and have no money left to get him here is the link for the whole article Vlad Ponson

Well i think are dreams of ponson coming to us are pretty dim right now. Baltimore and ponsons agent are having discussions are both interested in one another. Ponson's agent says hopefully deal can be made in few days.  here is the quote from the baltimore sun  ---

Though no formal offers have been made, the Orioles are still working to re-sign starting pitcher Sidney Ponson, with vice president Mike Flanagan spearheading the negotiations.

"Mike and I have had several conversations during the past week," Ponson's agent, Barry Praver said, "and there appears to be mutual interest. But I would not want to handicap the outcome. I believe both the Orioles and Sidney would like to see this resolved one way or another in the next couple days."

Lets hope a  bidding war heats up for vlad and the O's will over spend and have  no money left to get him  here is the link for the whole article Vlad Ponson

No way... ?!?!

I'll be surprised if he takes the Mets offer over Baltimore's....I believe NY's offering a contract that was significantly less than what Baltimore has offered him....We'll see though.

I do believe he said he wouldn't sign with the Yankees because of the attention he would get in New York, therefore, by default, he will not sign with the Mets.

I hope so. I would love to see ponson here, we would have a real good rotation with him. But as usual Jerry says he cost too much money and we have to wait for the price to come down, which when it does come down, everyone and their mother will be trying to get him. I say lets go on the limb here and give him 3yr 21 mil. Lets take a shot at him, i believe he can win 18-20 games every year with a era in the 3's.

I hope so. I would love to see ponson here, we would have a real good rotation with him. But as usual Jerry says he cost too much money and we have to wait for the price to come down, which when it does come down, everyone and their mother will be trying to get him. I say lets go on the limb here and give him 3yr 21 mil. Lets take a shot at him, i believe he can win 18-20 games every year with a era in the 3's.

I think you misunderstood the article....