Maybe makin no moves this offseason is smart!!

Dsavmonster

I look at it like this,

The sox division is pretty weak, the twins have lost Eddie Guardado and LaTroy Hawkins.

Both of the players were key to minnesotas success the past couple season. Then the twins also have lost A.J. Piezinski who was an over average catcher. Detroit or clevland dont really seem to me as improving that much. Although Detroit is supposedly in the race for Pudge, but it is highly unlikely that they will be able to get him.

Then theres KC. They have had a pretty good offseason for the most part until just recently. They first picked up Juan Gonzalez who to me isnt really all that special, and lost Mike Sweeney who was the captain and best player of that team last year. I dont think Juan Gone can fill his shoes which in result will make them worse.

As for the sox we basically have the same team as last year (except for a few players) and that team finished over 500. The sox need to make one more move this offseason, and it needs to be the aquisition of sidney ponson. He would be the perfect pickup for the sox. He had good numbers with Baltimore and San Fran and would fit right in with our rotation. If you disagree with me tell me why because I would like to no why you think the sox need to make anymore moves this offseason?

I look at it like this,

The sox division is pretty weak, the twins have lost Eddie Guardado and LaTroy Hawkins.

Both of the players were key to minnesotas success the past couple season. Then the twins also have lost A.J. Piezinski who was an over average catcher. Detroit or clevland dont really seem to me as improving that much. Although Detroit is supposedly in the race for Pudge, but it is highly unlikely that they will be able to get him.

Then theres KC. They have had a pretty good offseason for the most part until just recently. They first picked up Juan Gonzalez who to me isnt really all that special, and lost Mike Sweeney who was the captain and best player of that team last year. I dont think Juan Gone can fill his shoes which in result will make them worse.

As for the sox we basically have the same team as last year (except for a few players) and that team finished over 500. The sox need to make one more move this offseason, and it needs to be the aquisition of sidney ponson. He would be the perfect pickup for the sox. He had good numbers with Baltimore and San Fran and would fit right in with our rotation. If you disagree with me tell me why because I would like to no why you think the sox need to make anymore moves this offseason?

I totally disagree man. This division is their for the taking. All they had to do was spend some money, get some quality players this offseason and this division is a cakewalk.

Yeah, big deal, we lost Gordon, Sullivan, Colon, Robby, Everett, and Graffy. They also have stud minor leaguers to replace their lost players....we have damn near nothing. However, I am very happy they lost Pierzynski. He killed the Sox every time we played them.

And Cleveland doesn't seem to be improving? They got better every game they played last season. I think they'll probably win 80 games this year and I'd have to think they'd get near 90 in 2005, especially if they pick up a few key FAs.

Detroit will improve by quite a bit. I imagine they'll probably improve by 20-30 games, and while their record will still be pitiful, it is improvement none the less.

Lost Mike Sweeney? What in the hell are you talking about? Their only major loss of the offseason was Raul Ibanez(if you want to call it a major loss). They replaced a .280 25 100 guy with Juan Gonzalez who, when healthy, can be among the best hitters in the league, and can put up .320 45 150 type numbers. Then they also signed several other players to help them win the division. I think the division is theirs for the taking.

Except a few players....and a few of those players are main parts from last year. You can't replace a Bartolo Colon, plain and simple. Gordon was replaced by Politte, who will likely not put the numbers up that Gordon did. Sullivan is going to be replaced by probably Grilli or another minor leaguer...who knows. Everett is going to be replaced by Rowand, which isn't that bad of a move IMO, however, he needs to start out hot for us. He can't hit .125 to begin the season like he did last year. That would not be good, mainly because it is much easier to win a division after a hot start then it is to catch up and hope that the team(s) ahead of you stumble. If we can get off to a hot start, we have the depth to win the division. I would like our chances then and only then.

Ponson is basically an Oriole again. He'll probably sign within the next week or so I'd have to guess. I'd like him, but it won't happen.

This team has a hell of a long ways to go. If they're in it at the deadline, we'll trade for whatever is needed....KW has shown he is willing to do that. We have to get to that point first and then worry about it. As of right now, I see them finishing in 3rd, with KC finishing second and Minnesota winning once again.

Soxnbears remember this last time we went out and got the key players we had stunk

ex. David Wells

Bartolo Colon

Robbie Alomar

Carl Everett

We had a s***ty manager. Any half decent manager takes our 2003 team to the playoffs, maybe the ALCS, maybe even the World Series. But because the Sox lost to as many s***ty teams as they did, they found themselves watching the playoffs at home.

I think I know where he got Mike Sweeney from.

01/05/04 Cleveland Indians

Acquired LHP Scott Stewart from the Expos for OF Ryan Church and nonroster INF Maicer Izturis.

Colorado Rockies

Rockies agreed to minor league contracts with SS Royce Clayton, 2B-OF Damian Jackson and OF-1B Mark Sweeney. All will be invited to Major League Spring Training.

That is just my guess.

I look at it like this,

As for the sox we basically have the same team as last year (except for a few players) a

Really??? LOL!!! 6 LESS PLAYERS from last year and we basicly have the same team from last year??? :bang :bang

i DON'T THINK SO BUDDY

Ppl round here hav gotta start thinkin bout the positives and not the negatives of the offseason. Sure we lost Colon and Gordon but we get 3 or 4 good picks in the draft for em, and u'll be very glad for that if one of those 2 breaks down which I think will prob happen. I still think we'll trade Konerko for Washburn, save 4 mill, and with that sign either 1 starter and 1 reliever, or sign a few bench guys and a vetrean for da pen.

Ppl round here hav gotta start thinkin bout the positives and not the negatives of the offseason. Sure we lost Colon and Gordon but we get 3 or 4 good picks in the draft for em, and u'll be very glad for that if one of those 2 breaks down which I think will prob happen. I still think we'll trade Konerko for Washburn, save 4 mill, and with that sign either 1 starter and 1 reliever, or sign a few bench guys and a vetrean for da pen.

What positives???

Picks are good, but they don't necessarily mean anything. A lot of times they amount to nothing at all.