NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible for Majerus and I hope he is alright.

He is definitely one coach who needs to take better care of himself when it comes to his eating habits.

I was at the 2000 NCAA championship game, in one of the skyboxes. The box was completely catered. We had a full buffet. Rick Maherus, who I don't think was on the guest list, physically pulled up a chair to the buffet. I don't think anyone cared, because of who he is. And he was really fun to watch the game with. He was a big fan of Mich St., and was pointing out in advance the plays they were going to run.

WOW..I've been keeping an eye on the Big Ten scoreboard to see if Wisconsin will end up tying IU for the Big Ten lead again...and it looks like they will at OSU; they're up 65-47 w/ 3:50 left...

But....I also saw Minnesota's up 37-18 on MSU...I really don't know what to think about MSU right now.

Wisconsin is the real deal... MSU I don't think has bought into the coach Izzo school of basketball... Maybe they wont until next year... Usually his teams, even when they give up size, dominate the glass, but htis year has been a struggle... I knew the early season would be rough, but down by that score to Minnesota??? I would have thought they would have gained from the better non-conference competition.

Wisconsin is the real deal... MSU I don't think has bought into the coach Izzo school of basketball... Maybe they wont until next year... Usually his teams, even when they give up size, dominate the glass, but htis year has been a struggle... I knew the early season would be rough, but down by that score to Minnesota??? I would have thought they would have gained from the better non-conference competition.

That's what I thought.....I thought being THAT tested before the Big Ten season would just allow them to run all over the Big Ten. I'm kind of disappointed, I want to see the Big Ten do well as a whole. They have had their 5 teams every year since the tourney has expanded to 64, that will be a real stretch to happen this year.

That's what I thought.....I thought being THAT tested before the Big Ten season would just allow them to run all over the Big Ten.  I'm kind of disappointed, I want to see the Big Ten do well as a whole.  They have had their 5 teams every year since the tourney has expanded to 64, that will be a real stretch to happen this year.

Yeah I think the only way the big ten getss 5 in this year is going to be if a team who is clearly not in the tourney runs the table in the Big Ten tournament

Wow, Mich St won by 1.... thats absolutely huge for them and the conference. We need them to start playing some good ball to get the big 10 their 5 teams for sure. Im still thinking that Wiscy, Purdue, Illinois are just in for sure, with Indiana and Leach playing some awesome ball, im thinking they are in, but we need Mich St to represent big 10 team # 5.

go illini!

Davis hits two clutch free throws. State wins.

Elcaballo...I gots me the live feed of it on ABC from ESPNPlus.  :D

You lucky bastard!! :D I have the sports package on DirectTv, and i get the YES network games that they have about every night, but tonights ESPN + game was the Kansas/Kansas St game.... for some reason they dont block out that channel even though i dont have the Full Court package.