NCAA hoops thread

This FSU team just pisses me off. They are such assholes on the court. They think they are better than they are. They can't do s*** away from home though, they feed off the crowd. It's not surprising they played only 2 road games on the non-conference schedule (and one of them was against Stetson). It's even less surpising they are 0-3 on the road in the ACC. I don't think this team should even be considered for the tourney as of now. Sorry Spiff, nothing personal. I just hate your dawgs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kansas loses to Richmond at home on a jumper in the lane with 1.3 seconds left.  That was a hell of a game.  Lot of fouls on both teams though.

At Kansas none the less... Sounds like Self is having problems motivating this bunch as two of their losses have come to s***ty teams.

That Richmond win just shows you how smaller conferences like the MAC, WAC, and the A-10 are catching up with the big boys. Big 10 and 12 are both having bad years... although i still think Texas and Ok. State are still legitimate final 4 teams... while the big 10 maybe, maybe has Wisconsin as a possible final 4 team.

go illini!

Providence upsets UConn at Uconn by 10 66-56.

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

UConn is so overrated it's disgusting. They keep proving it, then they get fired up and beat a good team. A week later they get upset. This team has to be frustrating as hell if you are a UConn fan.

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

UConn is so overrated it's disgusting. They keep proving it, then they get fired up and beat a good team. A week later they get upset. This team has to be frustrating as hell if you are a UConn fan.

They have what it takes though, I'm really not sure what the hell they're doing against these smaller teams. However, like you said, they really turn it on against bigger teams. I definitely still see them in the Final Four in San Antonio.

They have what it takes though, I'm really not sure what the hell they're doing against these smaller teams.  However, like you said, they really turn it on against bigger teams.  I definitely still see them in the Final Four in San Antonio.

I fully agree this team has the talent, but they aren't doing it. They step up against Pitt, and then lose to Providence (a good team in their own right, but still). UConn will get upset in the tourney. I'm gonna end up putting money on it, lol. ;)

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

Over-rated!!!

over-rated? Bulls***!

Best player in the country (Okafor)

Top 10 pick in next years draft (Gordon)

One of the best Freshman in the country (Villanueva)

Then add in Denham Brown who can easily go off for 20, Rashad Anderson who can shoot with the best of them, Taliek Brown who is a good defender and passer, and freshman Josh Boone who keeps getting better.

I am a UCONN fan and it IS frustrating as hell seeing them lose to a team like Providence. But am i surprised? No, it's been their M.O. for years. Even look at their first games of the year, Nevada and Yale. They didnt exactly blow them out. I stand by my belief that UCONN is one of the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country and have as good a chance as anyone of winning it all this year. The game they lost vs Georgia Tech they shot something like 9-30 from the FT line and Okafor played with back spasms all night. Against UNC (IN UNC btw) they just flat out played like s*** in the first half and dug themselves too much of a hole. And today, well Gordon wasnt 100% but they just didnt come ready to play. They, for many years now, play to the level of their opponents, and this is what can happen when they do so. However, i'm not worried, when it comes tournament time, not many teams will be able to play with them

over-rated? Bulls***!

However, i'm not worried, when it comes tournament time, not many teams will be able to play with them

I'd be willing to put money on UCONN NOT being able to win six games in a row in march/april... So they are the best team in the country on paper. The whitesox were the best team in the AL central on paper, but they don't play on paper...

UCONN has only played 3 road games this season... couple that with thier two biggest in conerece rivals having cupcake schedules (pitt, syracuse) and they aren't going to be as battle tested many other teams in the tourney...

Uconn did not play a road game until Jan, 2

Syracuse did not leave the state of NY until Jan 12

Pitt has played only one ranked team(UCONN), 3 road games, and has a SOS ranked 95th...

St. Joe's has played as many road games than these three teams combined.

The Big East has discovered by gaining 10+ wins before the conference season, then playing .500 ball in conference, a tourney birth is guarenteed.

Syracuse and Pitt will both have an early exit from the tourney this year. Uconn will get farther, but that's because of the vast amount of talent they put on the floor. Who know's they could get on a roll, and win those last 6 games, but I wouldn't bet on it.

IU holds on to beat friggen' Minnesota, 86-81.....IU let an 18 point lead slip away, and most of the 2nd half was back and forth which put the game into OT.....This puts IU on top of the Big Ten along w/ Wisconsin at 4-1. This is IU's 4th straight win, and 3rd straight road win. IU hasn't won 3 straight road wins since the 91-92 season.