NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UConn is so overrated. Just watch, UConn will still be number 1 in the new poll. After that travesty of a poll that had them #1 over Kentucky a few weeks ago. Unfortunately Duke will probably be taking the Huskies' spot. :angry:

Kentucky just got beat by a very mediocre Georgia team ... At Rupp! Hardly #1 type team at this point. :angry:

OK I will take that.  Kansas lost to a terrible North Carolina team last year, and I think they did pretty well.

KU has enough wins for the tourney, Michigan State nah!!!!!

This team is just maturing and will get even better.

I dont care what anyone says, Mich St will be in the tourney at the end, they've got too much talent not, and that non-conference schedule will have given them an edge when playing (im sorry to say) a down big 10 schedule.

Illinois,Wisky, Purdue and Michigan being my other 4 in representing the big 10

go illini!

I actually really like Izzo and Mich State.

I just think they will not make without any quality wins.

Michigan is not a quality win.

Well, with Illinois's bad RPI now after the 2 losses last week, is Wiscy the only quality win that Mich St could get, and they already lost to them in Madison 2-3 weeks ago... so how are they gonna get quality wins then?

Yeah, they could win the tourney and get in that way, but i would think a 10-6 conf record and 2 wins in the tourney may do it, because teams like Georgia in the past that was 19-13 have made it in with sched strength alone.

I am telling you, this year there will be at least one Big 10 team with a 9-7 record that will get into the Big dance, if not multiple teams.

I've heard you say this before, what makes you say this?

There aren't going to be teams that go 13-3, 14-2 and win the Big 10. The winner will have at least 4 if not 5 losses, which means the separation won't be there, so the 5th place team is going to have 6-7 losses, which is about how many teams usually get into the tourney.

The ESPN Silver Anniversary Big Ten team is.....

Glenn Robinson (Purdue)

Jim Jackson (Ohio State)

Kevin McHale (Minnesota)

Steve Alford (Indiana) :headbang

Mateen Cleaves (Michigan State)

I think it's an okay team.....

I feel Glenn Rice and Chris Webber from Michigan were snubbed. I also feel Isiah Thomas was snubbed. Robinson and Jackson never got to a final four. Rice and Webber both went to the final four multiple times and won a championship. Isiah won a championship in his tenure at IU.

The ESPN Silver Anniversary Big Ten team is.....

Glenn Robinson (Purdue)

Jim Jackson (Ohio State)

Kevin McHale (Minnesota)

Steve Alford (Indiana)  :headbang

Mateen Cleaves (Michigan State)

I think it's an okay team.....

I feel Glenn Rice and Chris Webber from Michigan were snubbed.  I also feel Isiah Thomas was snubbed.  Robinson and Jackson never got to a final four.  Rice and Webber both went to the final four multiple times and won a championship.  Isiah won a championship in his tenure at IU.

Thats a tough call. I understand all of the picks, although I would have picked Thomas over Cleaves. Other then that, I think the list is pretty accurate. You could have replaced Robinson and Jackson with Webber and Rice, but my PERSONAL picks would have been Robinson and Jackson. Some people(the fans) pick the players that eventually developed into the best players(in the NBA), but forget that this was based on their college careers. Furthermore, on the ESPN polls you see a lot more players from the current era(the last 5-10 years) making the list, and players from 15-20 years ago get ignored to some degree.

As a fellow Hoosier fan I am glad to see Leach back in there. Not so much for his offense, but the defensive pressence that a 6'11 shot blocker brings. The Hoosiers were stuck playing 6'7 Kline and Ewing versus other teams top big man, and they just couldn't get it done. Hopefully the Hoosiers can continue their run, because the weakness of the Big 10 this year could mean that only 4-5 teams make it. The Hoosiers still lack the talent and depth up front(even with Leach) to go far in the Tourny(if they make it), but none the less it would be nice to keep that streak going(going to the Tourny).

The good news is that Hoosier fans have a. great recruiting class coming in next year and should get some much needed talent and depth up front. My only concern is that Smith will go to the pros instead of stepping foot at Indiana. From what I have heard, his stock has gone up since this summer and he has been the leader and star of the national high school power Oak Hill. If Smith doesn't go to the pros, than IU might have themselves the next Carmelo Anthony. Most people feel that he is that good and maybe even more developed then Anthony at this point in his career, which leads many to believe that he won't see 1 minute of college ball. Heres hoping that he joins White, Hardy, Vaden, and Ratcliff to IU

Thats a tough call. I understand all of the picks, although I would have picked Thomas over Cleaves. Other then that, I think the list is pretty accurate. You could have replaced Robinson and Jackson with Webber and Rice, but my PERSONAL picks would have been Robinson and Jackson. Some people(the fans) pick the players that eventually developed into the best players(in the NBA), but forget that this was based on their college careers. Furthermore, on the ESPN polls you see a lot more players from the current era(the last 5-10 years) making the list, and players from 15-20 years ago get ignored to some degree.

As a fellow Hoosier fan I am glad to see Leach back in there. Not so much for his offense, but the defensive pressence that a 6'11 shot blocker brings. The Hoosiers were stuck playing 6'7 Kline and Ewing versus other teams top big man, and they just couldn't get it done. Hopefully the Hoosiers can continue their run, because the weakness of the Big 10 this year could mean that only 4-5 teams make it. The Hoosiers still lack the talent and depth up front(even with Leach) to go far in the Tourny(if they make it), but none the less it would be nice to keep that streak going(going to the Tourny).

The good news is that Hoosier fans have a. great recruiting class coming in next year and should get some much needed talent and depth up front. My only concern is that Smith will go to the pros instead of stepping foot at Indiana. From what I have heard, his stock has gone up since this summer and he has been the leader and star of the national high school power Oak Hill. If Smith doesn't go to the pros, than IU might have themselves the next Carmelo Anthony. Most people feel that he is that good and maybe even more developed then Anthony at this point in his career, which leads many to believe that he won't see 1 minute of college ball. Heres hoping that he joins White, Hardy, Vaden, and Ratcliff to IU

Leach just changes IU's whole game plan...We actually can do the things we wanted to all year now in time for the Big Ten season.

As for next year....I can't wait!!! :headbang

I'll be there for my freshman year, and James Hardy is from a HS just down the street. It'll be awesome to see a local playing for the Hoosiers while I'm there.

For those Silver Anniversary teams, there was an emphasis placed on how long the players played college ball.  I know Webber only played two years, and I'm pretty sure Howard and Thomas didn't stay the full four.

Most likely...but TJ Ford made it for the Big 12....Seriously though, shouldn't that have been in green?

For those Silver Anniversary teams, there was an emphasis placed on how long the players played college ball.  I know Webber only played two years, and I'm pretty sure Howard and Thomas didn't stay the full four.

I understand that, but then I point to the Big 12 pick of TJ Ford as the starting PG. I didn't like that pick, especially if you take into consideration the length that they stayed.