kenny williams interview

baggio202

Geez Steff, the guy is expressing his opinion based on what he heard from a radio guy.

Calling him a liar 6 times in one post is a little over the top, wouldn't you say?

If you're trying to bait him, so far he's done a pretty good job in not taking the bait.

What's with all the name calling?

Nope.. didn't see an opinion in there.

3 hour drive to work... I'm aggrevated.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You loved Ray... yesterday he "sucked".  :rolleyes:

I have a firewall here at work so I can't get to MLB.com right now to provide you with links.. but here's the 2 likely places to find quotes from his former teammates. MLB.Com & ESPN.Com.. search his name.. go back to archived articles from July of 2002 or later. Yahoo sports also may be able to provide this information for you.

Additionally.. Ray WAS loved here, and loved it here. Ray was devistated when he was traded. So much so that him and Crystal kept their townhouse for a year after he was traded in hopes that the Sox would bring him back. Ray was not the smartest guy between the lines, but he was one of the hardest workers, friendliest to fans, and always went out of his way to do things for his teammates. Ray was not a big drinker and used to be the DD on road trips and at ST.

Does that sound like someone who was a problem in the clubhouse to you..?

No no no. You didn't read my whole post. I loved Ray when he was here. I don't think he was good defensively at all. I think he was a streaky hitter. Therefore I don't believe he was worth the money he was going to get. I said that since he was traded he has sucked. I don't have to search for the quotes to prove your point. That is something for you to do. I emailed J. Hood to see if what I heard is correct. I will hopefully get that response from him. Are you trying to say that I should take your word over a radio hosts? I really don't know who to believe. As I said I hope you are right as I love Ray. I would love for J. Hood to be wrong. I was just stating what I heard a radio show host say. You said I was a liar for saying that. We will soon see. I would love to see some proof about Ray being this great guy though. That would be great, thank you!

Nope.. didn't see an opinion in there.

3 hour drive to work... I'm aggrevated.

Do what I do and work from home, you would love it.

And plus my commute is about 30 seconds, sorry just had to say it :lol:

But seriously, here is what he said about Ray that started this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have heard plenty of bad about him in the clubhouse. Doing his own things and not with teammates."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was just stating what he heard from a radio guy. He did not state it as fact, said that's what he heard.

You'll be at SoxFest early Friday nite so I will meet you?

I doubt I will be there very late, I'll be with my old (and single) college roommate, he likes to hang with me at the bars, needs a wingman and someone to occasionally "take a bullet" for him ;)

No no no. You didn't read my whole post. I loved Ray when he was here. I don't think he was good defensively at all. I think he was a streaky hitter. Therefore I don't believe he was worth the money he was going to get. I said that since he was traded he has sucked. I don't have to search for the quotes to prove your point. That is something for you to do. I emailed J. Hood to see if what I heard is correct. I will hopefully get that response from him. Are you trying to say that I should take your word over a radio hosts? I really don't know who to believe. As I said I hope you are right as I love Ray. I would love for J. Hood to be wrong. I was just stating what I heard a radio show host say. You said I was a liar for saying that. We will soon see. I would love to see some proof about Ray being this great guy though. That would be great, thank you!

Yea.. comments from someone who knows that individual versus someone who doesn't... I usually take the word of the person with factual knowledge. :rolleyes:

The money he was going to get...? What was that..??

He sucked after he was traded...? Perhaps you need to check the stats. He was better after he left here.

Yea.. comments from someone who knows that individual versus someone who doesn't... I usually take the word of the person with factual knowledge. :rolleyes:

The money he was going to get...? What was that..??

He sucked after he was traded...? Perhaps you need to check the stats. He was better after he left here.

I don't believe he was better last year. Maybe at OBP and BA but that is about it. Wasn't Ray an All Star with us one year? Didn't he lead the league in runs when he was here? I thought he did. I could be mistaken though as I am not able to look up stats right now. I believe he is making 5.2 million? Yeah, I wouldn't pay that for Ray Durham. Sorry. Not for a streaky hitting no defense 2nd baseman. You may know him personally but you didn't know him in the clubhouse. Were you allowed in there? On the field? If so then great. That would be a great help. I don't know you from Adam, so are the same to me as a radio show host. I don't know if you really knew him. You could be making everything up. How should I know. To me you and the radio show host are the same with the radio show host getting a slight edge because he does talk to players for a fact and he has been in the clubhouse and on the field to see things. No disrespect to you, that is just how I am viewing things at them moment.

And plus my commute is about 30 seconds, sorry just had to say it  :lol:

"I have heard plenty of bad about him in the clubhouse. Doing his own things and not with teammates."

He was just stating what he heard from a radio guy.  He did not state it as fact, said that's what he heard.

I doubt I will be there very late, I'll be with my old (and single) college roommate, he likes to hang with me at the bars, needs a wingman and someone to occasionally "take a bullet" for him  ;)

He also said "he was not a team player"... Opinion...?? :nono

I normally would have worked from home today.. but I have a meeting that couldn't be rescheduled.

:finger To you and your commute!! :lol:

The plan is to leave at 3 and be there hopefully by 4. Of course.. it's Friday and anything can - and likely will - happen to screw that up.. :lolhitting

And plus my commute is about 30 seconds, sorry just had to say it  :lol:

He was just stating what he heard from a radio guy.  He did not state it as fact, said that's what he heard.

I doubt I will be there very late, I'll be with my old (and single) college roommate, he likes to hang with me at the bars, needs a wingman and someone to occasionally "take a bullet" for him  ;)

What do you guys do that you work from home? That is a nice gig.

I don't believe he was better last year. Maybe at OBP and BA but that is about it. You may know him personally but you didn't know him in the clubhouse. Were you allowed in there? On the field? If so then great. That would be a great help. I don't know you from Adam, so are the same to me as a radio show host. I don't know if you really knew him. You could be making everything up. How should I know. To me you and the radio show host are the same with the radio show host getting a slight edge because he does talk to players for a fact and he has been in the clubhouse and on the field to see things. No disrespect to you, that is just how I am viewing things at them moment.

Thanks to Crystal I got to go lots of places while Ray was here.

You're right.. I could be BSing you... venture over to WSI and ask if you choose. I have never, and would never lie about knowing someone. Many people read here.. and trust me.. it comes back to bite you in the ass if you lie.

It's your perrogative to view it how you choose. After knowing someone for a decade.. watching them with their families and children.. watching them on the road with their teammates, out with their teammates, knowing their faith in God.. I'd say the odds of Ray having a dual personality are slim to none.

Thanks to Crystal I got to go lots of places while Ray was here.

You're right.. I could be BSing you... venture over to WSI and ask if you choose. I have never, and would never lie about knowing someone. Many people read here.. and trust me.. it comes back to bite you in the ass if you lie.

It's your perrogative to view it how you choose. After knowing someone for a decade.. watching them with their families and children.. watching them on the road with their teammates, out with their teammates, knowing their faith in God.. I'd say the odds of Ray having a dual personality are slim to none.

Again his personal life was never a question. I see Ray as a good person. Good teammate? Always doing things with teammates? Doing his own routine rather than with his teammates? Now that is what is at question. I never questioned if he was a good person. A stand up guy. A God fearing person. That doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't. People's personal lives are just that, personal. I don't need to know that. Now if it something that affects his teammates and makes it seem like he is secluding himself from his teammates as J. Hood had reported on air then I think that is bad and we should know that. Because then that affects the team I cheer for.

Now if it something that affects his teammates and makes it seem like he is secluding himself from his teammates as J. Hood had reported on air then I think that is bad and we should know that. Because then that affects the team I cheer for.

Ahhh we're back to you should know what goes on in the clubhouse now... :rolleyes:

Ray Durham.. secluded? Are you sure you don't mean Chad..? He's the quiet one.

Ahhh we're back to you should know what goes on in the clubhouse now...  :rolleyes:

Ray Durham.. secluded? Are you sure you don't mean Chad..? He's the quiet one.

Ha ha!!!! I am not saying everything should be reported. However, if it is affecting how the team is performing, then yes I think we have a right to know. That is, after all, why reporters are allowed back there isn't it? To report what is going on back there. No, I am not talkinga bout Chad, was he traded? I am definately talking about Ray.

I guess so. Then again we asked how they liked him because we liked him. I don't know if you talked to any of the fans about him or not.

"We"...? Who's "we"?

I went to SF 13 times after Ray was traded to see games. Not once did I ever hear a negative response to him while in the stands. Sidney also said that Ray was the nicest to him when he went there. That from one of his teammates..

Ha ha!!!! I am not saying everything should be reported. However, if it is affecting how the team is performing, then yes I think we have a right to know. That is, after all, why reporters are allowed back there isn't it? To report what is going on back there. No, I am not talkinga bout Chad, was he traded? I am definately talking about Ray.

How does a player not socializing with teammates effect how the team plays..? Silly me I thought the game was played between the lines not in the clubhouse.. :rolleyes:

Reporters, I would hope, are there to report on the game and not who's talking to whom. But we all know the reporters here are more bothered with who's returning phone calls.. which is probably why they were BANNED from the clubhouse for most of the past 2 seasons :lol:

"We"...? Who's "we"?

I went to SF 13 times after Ray was traded to see games. Not once did I ever hear a negative response to him while in the stands. Sidney also said that Ray was the nicest to him when he went there. That from one of his teammates..

The public is "we". The fan base is "we". Maybe if we didn't ask about him and let then know that we liked him and we were from Chicago then they wouldn't have said anything. Who knows? But they did. I was there for the weekend and caught a game. You must really not believe me since you keep on interrogating me about this, but it's true. I am not stating how he was in SF, but in Chicago. Again I would love to be proven wrong. This would be a good thing. I am welcoming it. I loved Ray. I don't want him to be a bad person in the clubhouse.

How does a player not socializing with teammates effect how the team plays..? Silly me I thought the game was played between the lines not in the clubhouse..  :rolleyes:

Reporters, I would hope, are there to report on the game and not who's talking to whom. But we all know the reporters here are more bothered with who's returning phone calls.. which is probably why they were BANNED from the clubhouse for most of the past 2 seasons  :lol:

Hmm, have you ever played team sports? It is much better when a team is close and does things together. The game itself is played between the lines, but a team that does things together usually performs better. They usually do things more for each other and play harder for each other. The best teams are always stretching together and other little things. Each player doesn't do things on their own, by themselves. I am not saying good teams HAVE to do this, but this is usually the case.

Hmm, have you ever played team sports? It is much better when a team is close and does things together. The game itself is played between the lines, but a team that does things together usually performs better. They usually do things more for each other and play harder for each other. The best teams are always stretching together and other little things. Each player doesn't do things on their own, by themselves. I am not saying good teams HAVE to do this, but this is usually the case.

Yea.. several different ones for 11 years. Many of those out of my school district so I didn't even know most of my teammates while I played in HS. I was social with them, "hi, bye, and yea". I never socialized with them outside of the games because most of them didn't live near. We won 2 state softball titles in my 3 years at HS. Obviously socializing didn't hurt our chemistry.

And I see your disclaimer that not all teams HAVE to do this.. but yet your attempting to make a point with whether Ray did or not.. Double standard?

The public is "we". The fan base is "we". Maybe if we didn't ask about him and let then know that we liked him and we were from Chicago then they wouldn't have said anything. Who knows? But they did. I was there for the weekend and caught a game. You must really not believe me since you keep on interrogating me about this, but it's true. I am not stating how he was in SF, but in Chicago. Again I would love to be proven wrong. This would be a good thing. I am welcoming it. I loved Ray. I don't want him to be a bad person in the clubhouse.

Believe you about what..? Interrogating you....? About what?

can you provide a link to any article that said durham was a clubhouse problem??..all i heard was great things about him...i remember durham being reported as the go between when manuel and thomas were having difficulties in '00..manuel said durham really stepped up that year and started to take on a leadership role....

Found an article from last year describing Rays attitude while with the Giants, which indicates he was nothing but a great guy.....

Durham is a fun loving guy who gets along well with... well... everyone. He is all smiles in the dugout and in the clubhouse, and when he’s on the field, he just enjoys playing baseball. He goes out, works hard, and does whatever he can to help his team win... Even sacrifice his own body, as we’ve all painfully seen too many times this season.

http://sfgiants.theinsiders.com/2/175443.html

Found an article from last year describing Rays attitude while with the Giants, which indicates he was nothing but a great guy.....

http://sfgiants.theinsiders.com/2/175443.html

I believe I already said this but in case you didn't see it the last few times. I never speculated about Ray with the Giants. I was only writing what I heard J Hood say on his radio show. J Hood's comments only pertained to what happened while with the White Sox. I never said how he was with the Giants. Thank you for the article, it was a good read.

Yea.. several different ones for 11 years. Many of those out of my school district so I didn't even know most of my teammates while I played in HS. I was social with them, "hi, bye, and yea". I never socialized with them outside of the games because most of them didn't live near. We won 2 state softball titles in my 3 years at HS. Obviously socializing didn't hurt our chemistry.

And I see your disclaimer that not all teams HAVE to do this.. but yet your attempting to make a point with whether Ray did or not.. Double standard?

No double standard at all. It is quite odd that you never knew any of your teammates. Never did anything with any of them at all. That to me is strange, but ok. What position did yuo play? Pitcher? Did you start? I never said teammates had to hang out with each other afterwards, but it does help. However, I was not connecting this with Ray. No double standard. In fact I think you will see that most championship teams do have that chemistry. I would like my team to have team chemistry. Sometimes, once it a great while, there comes a team that wins despite it. That is what I meant by doesn't have to have it. Just that it is most likely the way to go. No double standard here.