SoxTalk Mock Draft

DBAHO

I'll take the Seahawks.

But can someone bring me up to date on what the goal is here. I just skimmed through and saw that the Seahawks, one of my favorite teams, were available and I didn't want to let them get picked by someone else.

Well it's a mock draft of course, and the goal is to select da best player for ur team, and who u think they should pick. So say u r da Seahawks u will hav a pick in the early 20's, and u'd prob want a defensive lineman. And u can trade with otha teams too, and it looks like it's only goin to be for 3 rounds.

Ill take the Dolphins.  How exactly do we win?

Whoeva gets da closest to pickin the rite players when the NFL Draft actually happens. And it'll be for 3 rounds as well, since that seems to be the popular choice.

Can't we just do it for the fun of it and not try to 'win'?

Yes, even when a real team drafts, it's hard to determine a "winner"... Some have more productive drafts than others....

The real purpose of a mock draft is to get a different perspective on the Draft. It puts you in the position of GM/owner and you watch as you guys either are snatched up, or fall into your lap....

... There's a fun chapter in "Moneyball" about one of BB's drafts. I know alot of people on here have read or are currently reading that book. That is one of the best parts.