Uh Ohhhhhhhh.....

The Critic

The way I see it, it's a GOOD thing that so many people showed up and were angry and venting. It means that people still give a s***. If the crowds were dismal and small, and no one fired on anyone, then we would have a dying franchise on our hands.

It's a good thing that there are so many passionate people who still care about the White Sox.

The opposite of love isn't hate - it's indifference. And from what I've heard, read, and observed, there isn't a lot of indifference amongst Sox fans. We're still headstrong and behind our team. That speaks volumes to me.

I, and many of you could sit and b**** for hours, days, weeks, whatever, about how bad the team is and how we don't have this or that, but we've been dealt a hand, and we have to play it at the table - like it or not. Let's just deal with what we have and support it with all our heart and soul. Otherwise, there's no point to even having a team for 2004. Let's just forfeit the whole season and lament that for another year. f*** that. If they suck, they suck. If they succeed, they succeed. If they break our hearts - well, I'm a fan of the Bears, White Sox, Bulls, and Blackhawks. I have no heart left to break anymore.

It's so nice to be middle-aged and numb. What a joy. :headbang

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, it's a GOOD thing that so many people showed up and were angry and venting.  It means that people still give a s***.  If the crowds were dismal and small, and no one fired on anyone, then we would have a dying franchise on our hands. 

It's a good thing that there are so many passionate people who still care about the White Sox. 

The opposite of love isn't hate - it's indifference.  And from what I've heard, read, and observed, there isn't a lot of indifference amongst Sox fans.  We're still headstrong and behind our team.  That speaks volumes to me. 

I, and many of you could sit and b**** for hours, days, weeks, whatever, about how bad the team is and how we don't have this or that, but we've been dealt a hand, and we have to play it at the table - like it or not.  Let's just deal with what we have and support it with all our heart and soul.  Otherwise, there's no point to even having a team for 2004.  Let's just forfeit the whole season and lament that for another year.  f*** that.  If they suck, they suck.  If they succeed, they succeed.  If they break our hearts - well, I'm a fan of the Bears, White Sox, Bulls, and Blackhawks.  I have no heart left to break anymore.

It's so nice to be middle-aged and numb.  What a joy. :headbang

All true Past but I'd still like another starter and the only one to ask is KW.

:) :) :)

The way I see it, it's a GOOD thing that so many people showed up and were angry and venting.  It means that people still give a s***.  If the crowds were dismal and small, and no one fired on anyone, then we would have a dying franchise on our hands. 

The opposite of love isn't hate - it's indifference.  And from what I've heard, read, and observed, there isn't a lot of indifference amongst Sox fans.  We're still headstrong and behind our team.  That speaks volumes to me. 

I, and many of you could sit and b**** for hours, days, weeks, whatever, about how bad the team is and how we don't have this or that, but we've been dealt a hand, and we have to play it at the table - like it or not.  Let's just deal with what we have and support it with all our heart and soul.  Otherwise, there's no point to even having a team for 2004.  Let's just forfeit the whole season and lament that for another year.  f*** that.  If they suck, they suck.  If they succeed, they succeed.  If they break our hearts - well, I'm a fan of the Bears, White Sox, Bulls, and Blackhawks.  I have no heart left to break anymore.

It's so nice to be middle-aged and numb.  What a joy. :headbang

Great post. :D

BTW, Bagglio and HSC, I saw both of you ask your questions on Friday night and didn't realize who you were. Wish I would have cause I could have at least said 'Hi'. I was sitting just across the aisle from Steff.

Just keeping it real, people.

Or as I like to say - TELLING IT LIKE IT IS.

I would be the biggest deceitful liar in the history of civilization if I said that because no huge moves were made in the offseason, I would boycott the Sox and refuse to watch them or support them. I can't do that. My heart, my soul, and my loyalty won't let that happen. My love for baseball and my love for the White Sox is too strong to ever let that happen.

I bleed silver and black from my paper cuts just like the rest of you.

Sox fans rule. I'm not only proud, but honored to be a Sox fan. I can't imagine being a lemming or a puppet like Cubs fans, who would buy dog turds if they were covered with red and blue paint and sold as souvenirs. Die-hard fans my ass. Stupid, blind, and brainwashed is more like it.

:fthecubs :bringit :cheers