Engagement Rings

Texsox

Yes, disregard the general goodwill and myriad good things I've ever said about you.

And if I recall, you had some interesting ad hominem gems leading up to 5)

Anyway....THAT is the "string" you took offense to?? I was totally playing along with your tongue-in-cheek mocking stereotypes directed at your classmates and then at myself.  I responded in kind, was that wrong?

I mean...you're a Kraut for god sakes-- that's as far from a redneck on a foodchain as it gets.

No I didn't take offense. I was pointing out that name calling is silly, but is usually fun and not serious. I know you couldn't be calling me that name, you have never met me. You are reacting to an on-line persona we all create. Some maliciously try and conceal their identity, others have fun with it. I was so surprised to learn that PA is actually a female hooker from Blue Island and not some dope from PA, living in College Station.

By-the-way according to one of my classmates the reason Janet Jackson was the #1 searched for term on google last week was people are trying to understand a sociatal norm we all can agree on. HOw can we protest unless we have actually seen the nipple ring :D Fortunatly everyone pretty much said they wanted to see her nipple ring

;)

BTW were did you hide Ivan Rybkin? :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By-the-way according to one of my classmates the reason Janet Jackson was the #1 searched for term on google last week was people are trying to understand a sociatal norm we all can agree on. HOw can we protest unless we have actually seen the nipple ring

Oh absolutely! It's all about legal bounderies, social taboos, slipping slope and self-actualizaton. :headbang

Fortunatly everyone pretty much said they wanted to see her nipple ring

Nah, they just said it to get into each other's pants. Snobs...

I'm probably the oddball here but my wife picked out her engagement ring and actually had the diamond taken out and replaced with something else! I don't remember the name of it but it's purple.

She likes it much better...  :)

that's probably tanzanite. My wife likes those too, and you can get those for about 1/2 the cost in the caribbean and you don't have to pay tax there. Double win!

Ahh the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Fun stuff.  It's a very cool place to go.

So PA, you remember the little baseball diamond behind the ball park where we watched the fireworks in July?

That's where we got engaged - which was also where we ended up after our first date, walking around down there by the water, etc. at the Ballpark.  Very cool place when it's not too hot.

yeah, dawg, I remember. Very cool. Hey, get mike to come for visit again, and I'll meet up with you again... loved that 3 hour drive :lol:

A couple posts reminded me of something the saleslady said to us after we picked out the ring that struck Brian and myself as odd. She said something about trading up later in life to get a 'better' diamond (something about a 'Leo' diamond). The way we look at it is, this is the ring we picked out together, so why would we want something else later on down the line? It ticked off Brian, but it puzzled me why a woman would want to trade in the ring her fiance/husband gave her...

I was so surprised to learn that PA is actually a female hooker from Blue Island and not some dope from PA, living in College Station.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! you went and ruined it!

funny how a female hooker from BI is the second funniest person on soxtalk...It's rather indicative, really.

A couple posts reminded me of something the saleslady said to us after we picked out the ring that struck Brian and myself as odd.  She said something about trading up later in life to get a 'better' diamond (something about a 'Leo' diamond).  The way we look at it is, this is the ring we picked out together, so why would we want something else later on down the line?  It ticked off Brian, but it puzzled me why a woman would want to trade in the ring her fiance/husband gave her...

Fan.. when you guys win the lottery, trust me.. you'll want a bigger rock ;)

that's probably tanzanite.  My wife likes those too, and you can get those for about 1/2 the cost in the caribbean and you don't have to pay tax there.  Double win!

Actually, I just looked it up and it's a sapphire.

The weird thing is that the ring cost us the exact same amount as if we would have kept the diamond.

They told us that the cost of changing the stones offset the difference in cost between the two stones...