Engagement Rings

Texsox

I was just poking fun at the whole calling people names in any forum on any topic, not specific to this. I can't believe anyone would change their mind about anything because someone on an internet message board told them to or called them a name.

sorry, miss bossy pants

BTW, which topic in the first twenty pages here is worth discussing?  :D

Tex, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply my response to you directly.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I just realized is you are about the only one here who uses his/her real name, if Stephanie is really your name. So in a sense we all are calling people names when we use PA, 2k2,3,4,5,6,7,8, Fanof14, etc.

I actually kind of like the name calling. Brando had a very nice string aimed at my on line persona.

What I just realized is you are about the only one here who uses his/her real name, if Stephanie is really your name. So in a sense we all are calling people names when we use PA, 2k2,3,4,5,6,7,8, Fanof14, etc.

I actually kind of like the name calling. Brando had a very nice string aimed at my on line persona.

Yea, I know. All you other cowards!! Hiding behind bs names.

:lol:

It's interesting because there are many more "rare" gemstones then diamonds.  Tanzanite (sp), sapphires, etc. are technically more rare and harder to find then diamonds, yet because culture places such a high importance on "purity" (white or clear) then the diamond is the stone of choice.  It's not just western society either, there are Russian mafia folks all over the diamond industry.

chisoxy...you should look into wearing this new stone called "vegemite"

it'd look great on your soxy finger;)

For all of us who are Engaged/Married, where did you propose or get proposed to?

I think i have the oddest place..... the parking lot of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Elk Grove. lol

Brian didn't ask - he pushed me into a jewelry store and said, 'Pick one.' Vintage Brian if you ask any of his friends. :wub:

For all of us who are Engaged/Married, where did you propose or get proposed to?

I think i have the oddest place..... the parking lot of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Elk Grove. lol

We got engaged on the 18th tee box at Hilton Head in South Carolina.

Brian didn't ask - he pushed me into a jewelry store and said, 'Pick one.'  Vintage Brian if you ask any of his friends.    :wub:

Jim tried this.. "If we were to get engaged... which ring would you want." I fixed his ass.. took him to Tiffany's in OB and picked out this horrific 7 ct thing that was sooooooo ugly, and of course the price of a condo. Told him I wanted no part of the buying process. He knew my taste and If he bought one I would like it regardless. He was right. ;)

Up at the beach in our hometown, it would have been ON the beach but it was January and there were 30ish MPH winds so we got sandblasted and went back to the car.

Jim tried this.. "If we were to get engaged... which ring would you want." I fixed his ass.. took him to Tiffany's in OB and picked out this horrific 7 ct thing that was sooooooo ugly, and of course the price of a condo. Told him I wanted no part of the buying process. He knew my taste and If he bought one I would like it regardless. He was right.  ;)

LOL!

The funny thing is that Brian and I have more taste in our mouths than in jewelry and I still ended up with a ring that most seem to really like (not that, 'oh, it's nice reaction, but really like it).

His friends were impressed that he finally took care of business - all his friends were figuring we were going to get married by the time we were dating for 6 months. :bang

Parking lot at Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills. We went to pick up the ring which had been made to her specifications. It was on April 1st. I thought she would realize it was all an eloborate April Fools joke

Ok, I'll bite...

What did I do now? :huh

From a thread a couple weeks ago

5) And you, in turn, remind me of a patronizing red-neck, jaded and washed-up, criminally anti-intellectual and vaguely anti-youth.

And you said you are struggling to learn English.

I plan on doing it back on this little bridge in San Antonio on the riverwalk...the site of our first kiss.

Ahh the San Antonio Riverwalk. Fun stuff. It's a very cool place to go.

So PA, you remember the little baseball diamond behind the ball park where we watched the fireworks in July?

That's where we got engaged - which was also where we ended up after our first date, walking around down there by the water, etc. at the Ballpark. Very cool place when it's not too hot.

5) And you, in turn, remind me of a patronizing red-neck, jaded and washed-up, criminally anti-intellectual and vaguely anti-youth.

Yes, disregard the general goodwill and myriad good things I've ever said about you.

And if I recall, you had some interesting ad hominem gems leading up to 5)

Anyway....THAT is the "string" you took offense to?? I was totally playing along with your tongue-in-cheek mocking stereotypes directed at your classmates and then at myself. I responded in kind, was that wrong?

I mean...you're a Kraut for god sakes-- that's as far from a redneck on a foodchain as it gets.

I assume it didnt slip under her radar?

No. I picked out the stone and she went to help design the ring. I figured if she was going to be wearing it for a long time to come, she might as well help pick it out. We had been dating a few years and both knew it wasn't if, but when, we would get married.

Several times since then I have wanted to upgrade the diamond and every time she has shot me down. It is small by her friend's standards (.9 carat) but she wouldn't trade it for anything.

No. I picked out the stone and she went to help design the ring. I figured if she was going to be wearing it for a long time to come, she might as well help pick it out. We had been dating a few years and both knew it wasn't if, but when, we would get married.

Sounds like the how it was/is for Brian and myself, except for him picking out anything in relations to the ring itself.