2003 Sox 25 man roster

Soxplosion

LINEUP

Jiminez 2B #### Valentin SS #### Thomas DH #### Ordonez RF #### Konerko 1B #### Lee LF #### Crede 3B #### Rowand CF (Id like KW to sign Cruz in case Rowands not ready) #### Olivo C (Alomars all washed up, unless Olivo shows he isnt ready he should be starting, when you hit a homerun in your first mlb off Andy Pettitte in Yankee Stadium in September you can obviously handle some amount of pressure)

BENCH

Daubach 1B/DH #### Rios LF #### Alomar C #### Harris 2B/CF

ROTATION

Buehrle (his numbers werent as good as Colons but this is his rotation, he goes first) #### Colon #### Garland #### Wright (should Wright fail, hav Loaiza or somebody replace him, but I do believe he will succeed) #### Rauch (maybe Loaiza could have an immediate spot in the rotation but hed have to beat out Rauch and I doubt thats going to happen)

BULLPEN

Koch #### Wunsch #### Marte #### Glover #### Gordon #### White #### Loaiza (I think he should be given an immdeiate chance for the seventh spot in the pen, hes better than Ginter or Porzio and he could be a decent long reliever / spot starter)

Two things....we don't have two SS's....Jimenez would be at 2B

Also, with the acquistion of Colon, we are going to have 11 pitchers and a 5-man bench this year....meaning Loaiza's not going to be on the team unless he pitches way better than Rauch in ST. Loaiza will be in the minors, and Rauch will be the 5th starter....meaning Josh Paul will probably make the team out of ST....I hope he can play 1B, 3B, LF and RF as well, and maybe learn CF, SS and 2B as the year goes on.

With your roster, if Valentin got banged up and had to miss about 4 games in a row(say maybe he got hit on the wrist by a ball while batting and is out), you'd then have to play Jimenez at SS and Harris at 2B...and if Rowand then got hurt, who would you play in CF? Rios or even worse, Daubach? No....we'll come up with a utility infielder, whether it be Miles, Nunez or Graffy....and I'd like someone else over Rios....probably the most versatile guy we got.

Two things....we don't have two SS's....Jimenez would be at 2B

Also, with the acquistion of Colon, we are going to have 11 pitchers and a 5-man bench this year....meaning Loaiza's not going to be on the team unless he pitches way better than Rauch in ST.  Loaiza will be in the minors, and Rauch will be the 5th starter....meaning Josh Paul will probably make the team out of ST....I hope he can play 1B, 3B, LF and RF as well, and maybe learn CF, SS and 2B as the year goes on.

With your roster, if Valentin got banged up and had to miss about 4 games in a row(say maybe he got hit on the wrist by a ball while batting and is out), you'd then have to play Jimenez at SS and Harris at 2B...and if Rowand then got hurt, who would you play in CF?  Rios or even worse, Daubach?  No....we'll come up with a utility infielder, whether it be Miles, Nunez or Graffy....and I'd like someone else over Rios....probably the most versatile guy we got.

Yeah, my bad, I meant to put DJ at second. Ill just go back and fix that...

See, I get bashed and Old Roman doesn't. What is up with that?

Hey man, dont send em after me! lol...

But its probably because youre always posting lists and some people dont like that for soem reason. I like lists. I hope you keep going. I think its important that someone is always telling us where we stand. If they dont like it tho, they dont have to read it. Just like if you dont like America you dont have to be here. Theres no law saying we have to read WSCs posts. But Im going to!

Its all good, were all here to read and talk about the Sox.  Not always will people agree or not, but thats life. 

Most will call me nuts for saying were going all the way this year ;)

You know...I could say something really dumb right now and make a fool out of myself by saying something like 'you're cashews' or 'you're walnuts' or 'you're acorns.'

But that would be really dumb....so I'll just hold back.

You know...I could say something really dumb right now and make a fool out of myself by saying something like 'you're cashews' or 'you're walnuts' or 'you're acorns.'

But that would be really dumb....so I'll just hold back.

Too late.

One thing I like about reading your roster is I think we can all agree on paper it's a better team than last year's.

No Lofton. No Clayton. No Alomar (wait, he's still here, yuk!). No Todd Ritchie.

And I like Colon obviously and Daubach intrigues me as a decent backup.

Assuming we make no stupid trades, trading Paulie or Crede or Garland, I think we're a better club.

Do you all agree?

yeah, on paper we are a better club..now we just need something to bring it all together (wasnt that a line from major league??)

Baggs....how about the team being led mentally and emotionally by Valentin, with Thomas's bat, with Ordonez's great, quiet numbers, and the guys who hustle their ass off....we don't have a vocal leader for our starting rotation...then again, not many teams do.

The key to this season should not be to win....but rather to have fun and try to win a few ballgames here and there....make some miracle comebacks like we did in 2000....and act like kids....and I think we will, though that may just be personal bias....we got Crede, Jimenez, Olivo and Rowand/Borchard/Harris and then we have the forever young Jose Valentin....we have Koch in the pen and kids that should pitch better in the rotation....a better bullpen than last year's....I'm getting excited about this year...and I don't think it is just because I haven't had baseball in near 4 months now.

yeah, on paper we are a better club..now we just need something to bring it all together (wasnt that a line from major league??)

A well placed fight against the Twins would be nice :D

Lets send Thomas, White and a couple of other guys to get them now. I need more to talk about until ST starts.

Baggs....how about the team being led mentally and emotionally by Valentin, with Thomas's bat, with Ordonez's great, quiet numbers, and the guys who hustle their ass off....we don't have a vocal leader for our starting rotation...then again, not many teams do.

The key to this season should not be to win....but rather to have fun and try to win a few ballgames here and there....make some miracle comebacks like we did in 2000....and act like kids....and I think we will, though that may just be personal bias....we got Crede, Jimenez, Olivo and Rowand/Borchard/Harris and then we have the forever young Jose Valentin....we have Koch in the pen and kids that should pitch better in the rotation....a better bullpen than last year's....I'm getting excited about this year...and I don't think it is just because I haven't had baseball in near 4 months now.

there are so many keys to this season...but i think if i had to pick you have just hit the right one...jose valentin...not so much his numbers...he has to do his share and get big hits and make the great play at SS...but he has to be the emotional leader as you said...he has to play well to do that thought..if he hits 210 then it wont work...id like to see 25 - 80 - 260 out of jose in the 2 spot..numbers similiar to 2000...ill say this..if jose reaches those numbers..and manuel just leaves him alone at SS and in the 2 hole...we beat the twinkies !!

thats my bold prediction...hahaha

supernuke..thats why we got rick white..the former bouncer! !!

I agree that Jose can and should be an emotional leader for this team. I can never understand why everyone bashed him after 2000 for those 36 errors. Hell, they were meaningless errors. Yet, all year long he made the big clutch defensive play, got several big clutch hits, and was a field general. Defensively, the 2000 White Sox revolved around Jose Valentine.

One other note, someone mentioned that if we had to play Harris at 2b due to an injury to Jose or Jiminez, that we would not have anyone to back CF. In a pinch, Maggs could do it. He has played it before and did a pretty decent job out there.

Our starting lineup is way better; Our Bench is way better; The rotation is better; The Bullpen is better. 

As you can tell, I love our shot this year  :headbang

Some people said our bench was a problem right after the Colon trade but after his more recent moves I think its pretty good for a bench. We have Daubach who can play 1B/DH/LF, Rios who can play LF/RF, Alomar who is a decent backup catcher, Graffy (I hope hes back) who can play 2B/SS/3B and Harris who can play second or center. Daubach could probably start on most major league teams (but not this one, thats saying something), Rios and Alomar on a few, Graffy is an alltime backup and Harris has potential. I think our bench looks great!

Our starting lineup is way better; Our Bench is way better; The rotation is better; The Bullpen is better. 

As you can tell, I love our shot this year  :headbang

Depends on the Twins and what they do. If the Twins won the most games in the American League this year, I wouldn't be shocked at all. As of now, I'd say the preseason American League power rankings are...

1) Yankees

2) Angels

3) Twins

4) Athletics

5) Red Sox

6) White Sox

7) Mariners

8) Indians

9) Rangers

10) Orioles

11) Blue Jays

12-14) Tigers, Royals, Devil Rays... Who cares? They all suck.