A-Rod Trade Official

Soxbadger

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Espn Selig approved the deal.

The greatest coup in baseball history has occurred.

The headlines in Boston will already be printing, "The Curse Continues".

And so begins the 2004 season.

SB

acually it made front page news in boston reading "DAMN those Yankees" im not kidding.

Come on guys it's not so bad. I know you see these names and the 190+ million dollar payroll and think WOW THIS IS AN AWESOME TEAM! But this team can still be beat. They still have holes. They lost an 35/35 all-star 2B and gained 13 million dollars in salary. How much more offense does this really add to an offense that was already really good? Take away Soriano's and plug in ARod's. I am not saying that ARod isn't superior to Soriano, but Soriano is not a piece of s*** either.

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB

607 124 181 30 6 47 118 17 3 87 126 .298 .396 .600 364

682 114 198 36 5 38 91 35 8 38 130 .290 .338 .525 358

As you can see ARod is top and Soriano is th bottom. There is a difference, I understand that. But wouldn't the Yanks be better off with Soriano at 2b and Aaron Boone at 3rd than ARod at 3rd and Cairo at 2B? Maybe I am just trying to look on the brighter side of this whole scenario. I just don't see that they improved themselves to the price of 13 million more dollars or to the extreme that we should just hand them the world series.

But wouldn't the Yanks be better off with Soriano at 2b and Aaron Boone at 3rd than ARod at 3rd and Cairo at 2B?

Uh, no.

You go try playing 3B for the Yankees, hell, go walk around after just having surgery on your torn ACL, and tell me how it feels. :rolleyes:

I'll take ARod and Cairo over Soriano and ACL-torn Boone. :bang

While they're not invincible, they're still in a league of their own and should easily dominate.

They are in a league of their own as far as spending money and the unlimited amount of funds they have. As far as dominating I really don't think so. They are old and the pitching is suspect. When they need something due to an injury or underperforming they have no prospects to go out and get the players they need. They will not be able to go get these players. If they are going to buy a 2nd baseman then who are they going to buy? D'Angelo Jimenez?

Uh, no.

You go try playing 3B for the Yankees, hell, go walk around after just having surgery on your torn ACL, and tell me how it feels. :rolleyes:

I'll take ARod and Cairo over Soriano and ACL-torn Boone.  :bang

Alright, maybe I should have clarified myself. I believe they were better before Boone was injured. Sorry for the misunderstanding. WOW! :lolhitting

Had Boone remained healthy I would have taken him and Soriano over Cairo and A Rod, but who cares at this point?

The point is that no one was doing all this complaining when they had Boone and Soriano. Now that they have made this trade it seems as though it is bad for baseball and they will just dominate everything. When they had Boone and Soriano they were going ot be finishng 2nd to Boston. Now they are going to dominate. I don't understand.

They are old and the pitching is suspect.

Old? Their oldest player is Kevin Brown, and he will turn 39 in a month. Big deal. The average age of their pitcher(if I did my math correctly), is about 33-34, somewhere in that range....not young, but not old. Giambi is their oldert infielder at 33 years old, though the OFers are going to be 35(Sheffield and Williams) and 36(Lofton) this year.

Not old, but not young.

the pitching is suspect.

How is Kevin Brown, Mike Mussina, Javier Vazquez, and Jose Contreras suspect? Their top 3 relievers...Mariano Rivera, Paul Quantrill, and Flash Gordon...suspect? I think not.

Odds are very good they will add pitchers as the year goes on as well. In fact, I have no doubt they will add a pitcher or two as the year goes on.

The point is that no one was doing all this complaining when they had Boone and Soriano. Now that they have made this trade it seems as though it is bad for baseball and they will just dominate everything. When they had Boone and Soriano they were going ot be finishng 2nd to Boston. Now they are going to dominate. I don't understand.

I agree with you, they have the talent to win 115 games, but talent doesn't guarantee anything. An injury here or there or a bad year by a pitcher or two and they could easily not even win their division.

How is Kevin Brown, Mike Mussina, Javier Vazquez, and Jose Contreras suspect?  Their top 3 relievers...Mariano Rivera, Paul Quantrill, and Flash Gordon...suspect?  I think not.

Jose Contreras is far from a proven commodity.

What did he do last year besides hog space on the DL for most of the year. He put up decent numbers, but nothing like the numbers a player getting a 4yr/32 million dollar contract should put up.

Why do you think teams are so skeptical of signing Maels Rodriguez this offseason? The fact is that many pitchers that come from Cuba have less than spectacular and often disappointing careers.

I think Contreras is a great talent, but he is far from a lock to 1) stay healthy all season and 2) perform at a high level all season.

Old?  Their oldest player is Kevin Brown, and he will turn 39 in a month.  Big deal.  The average age of their pitcher(if I did my math correctly), is about 33-34, somewhere in that range....not young, but not old.  Giambi is their oldert infielder at 33 years old, though the OFers are going to be 35(Sheffield and Williams) and 36(Lofton) this year. 

Not old, but not young.

How is Kevin Brown, Mike Mussina, Javier Vazquez, and Jose Contreras suspect?  Their top 3 relievers...Mariano Rivera, Paul Quantrill, and Flash Gordon...suspect?  I think not.

Odds are very good they will add pitchers as the year goes on as well.  In fact, I have no doubt they will add a pitcher or two as the year goes on.

What is the average age of their team and what is the average age of other teams in baseball? In a life span they are not old. In baseball terms they are an old team. I don't think anyone will deny that. That is how you determine if the whole team is old. Sheffield, Giambi, Brown, Leiber, Lofton, Bernie Williams, Mussina, Rivera, Gordon. They are old. Rivera was hurt last year and has thrown a lot of innings, I am sure there will be a point when he is hurt again this year. Gordon has not put 2 back to back seasons together since his surgery. Good luck with him. Who are they going to add and how? No prospects. You can't make trades if you don't have anything that others want. There are teams that want money, but they want young players as well. They Yanks system is terrible. They have nothing. Good luck for them in trying to acquire anyone. They have nothing to trade.