JULIE SWIECA resigns from the score?

Julie's strong Sox bias combined with an even stronger dislike for everything Cubs (that's my girl!) probably played a big role in this, causing all sorts of problems with management and sponsors over the months. She is not as big a sell-out as North, so she couldn't pretend to buy into the Cubs Mania. She is not as professional as Bernsy, who can stop giving a s*** about the Sox and ridicule the hell out of KW, JR, etc on a dime.

Who knows, maybe she realized that she was too young and too good-looking (I am talking radio here and besides look at Jill Carlson -- Michelle Pfeiffer she is not) to be stuck in the 10pm radio slot -- that's Grobstein domain. She might just try out for a TV gig. She is weird-pretty which makes her more memorable and her dorky sportshead personality - more relatable - unlike some other, more conventionally beautiful vacuous sports bimbos. I am suprised she hasn't tried it yet.

What do they say officially?

PS Does anyone know why Les Grobstein hate her so much?

Julie's strong Sox bias combined with an even stronger dislike for everything Cubs (that's my girl!) probably played a big role in this, causing all sorts of problems with management and sponsors over the months. She is not as big a sell-out as North, so she couldn't pretend to buy into the Cubs Mania. She is not as professional as Bernsy, who can stop giving a s*** about the Sox and ridicule the hell out of KW, JR, etc  on a dime.     

Who knows, maybe she realized that she was too young and too good-looking (I am talking radio here and besides look at Jill Carlson -- Michelle Pfeiffer she is not)  to be stuck in the 10pm radio slot -- that's Grobstein domain.    She might just try out for a TV gig.    She is weird-pretty which makes her more memorable and her dorky sportshead personality - more relatable  - unlike some other, more conventionally beautiful vacuous sports bimbos.    I am suprised she hasn't tried it yet.

What do they say officially?

PS Does anyone know why Les Grobstein hate her so much?

On what basis do you call her a Sox fan? I've heard other folks say that, and I'm puzzled by that. Now, I only started listening to her last September, but I haven't heard anything much from her that made me think that she was a Sox fan. For instance, she was against any of the Sox winning either the MVP or Cy Young on the grounds that since the team did not make the playoffs, then nobody on the team deserved those honors. Fair enough. However, she soon came to strongly support Halladay for the Cy and A-Rod for the MVP even though their teams did not make the playoffs either. What the Hell kind of reasoning is that? On Loaiza, she also said that since he blew some of his starts, he did not deserve the Cy. Halladay blew some of his starts too. It just seemed like she was groping for a reason, any reason, to oppose a Sox player getting honored. She even criticized Loaiza receiving the AL Comeback Player award.

Likewise, when Cubs GM Hendry ever did anything, she always hailed it as being "putting the pieces together" which was the phrase that Offman used too. She praised Hendry as being the single best Chicago sports GM even though he hasn't upgraded his team anywhere near as much as Houston GM Hunnsicker has done on a smaller payroll than the Cubs. For what its worth, she came across as a raging Cubs fan.

Having said all that, it could be that I had discovered here earlier, then I would have heard her support the Sox. It could also be she was forced by station mgmt to take this pro-Cubs approach too. If so, that could be the reason why she resigned and also why Hood has all of a sudden taken on this Cubbie tack as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

On what basis do you call her a Sox fan? I've heard other folks say that, and I'm puzzled by that. Now, I only started listening to her last September, but I haven't heard anything much from her that made me think that she was a Sox fan. For instance, she was against any of the Sox winning either the MVP or Cy Young on the grounds that since the team did not make the playoffs, then nobody on the team deserved those honors. Fair enough. However, she soon came to strongly support Halladay for the Cy and A-Rod for the MVP even though their teams did not make the playoffs either. What the Hell kind of reasoning is that? On Loaiza, she also said that since he blew some of his starts, he did not deserve the Cy. Halladay blew some of his starts too. It just seemed like she was groping for a reason, any reason, to oppose a Sox player getting honored. She even criticized Loaiza receiving the AL Comeback Player award.

Likewise, when Cubs GM Hendry ever did anything, she always hailed it as being "putting the pieces together" which was the phrase that Offman used too. She praised Hendry as being the single best Chicago sports GM even though he hasn't upgraded his team anywhere near as much as Houston GM Hunnsicker has done on a smaller payroll than the Cubs. For what its worth, she came across as a raging Cubs fan.

Having said all that, it could be that I had discovered here earlier, then I would have heard her support the Sox. It could also be she was forced by station mgmt to take this pro-Cubs approach too. If so, that could be the reason why she resigned and also why Hood has all of a sudden taken on this Cubbie tack as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

her bio on Score website

There's two pretty telling things on her bio that say she's a sox fan

FAVORITE SPORTS MOMENTS: (Tie) Being at the last game at old Comiskey & meeting Michael Jordan for the first time.

FAVORITE SPORTS PLAYER: Carlton Fisk

I like Lawrence Holmes too, but Julie was great. Whats goign on there at the Score. I remember the days where it was T-Dub at 7-11, and Les Grobstein at night from 11-5. Man, those were the days, then Les gets fired for giving a press pass to his friend, and then Tommy Williams takes his spot, and about 8 months later, he's fired. The Score is not making very good decisions here, i wonder if Julie actually resigned or if she did something to force a resignation.

Julie resigned due to content trouble with her show.

Here is what Robert Feder said:

Dialing: Swieca quits Score

*Chicago's leading sports-talk radio station has lost its only female host. Julie Swieca resigned Monday after 10 years at WSCR-AM (670), capping a dispute with her bosses over editorial control of her show.

Swieca, a lifelong Chicagoan and graduate of Northwestern University, began as a part-time producer at the Score and worked up to reporter and talk show host. Her show aired from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday and on Sunday mornings.

No word yet on a replacement.

It could be quite a while before Swieca resurfaces on the air here. Despite her sudden departure, she remains under contract to the Infinity Broadcasting station for some time

Who knows, maybe she realized that she was too young and too good-looking (I am talking radio here and besides look at Jill Carlson -- Michelle Pfeiffer she is not)

Jill Carlson is the best looking female sports anchor in chicago

How can you even begin to compare Swieca and Carlson

No contest carlson wins.

I don't know how you guys can listen to the SNORE

Likewise, when Cubs GM Hendry ever did anything, she always hailed it as being "putting the pieces together" which was the phrase that Offman used too. She praised Hendry as being the single best Chicago sports

Julie praised Hendry because couldn't bring herself to praise anything ELSE about the Cubs -- not fans who attend games, not Wrigley, not Prior, not a trip to the Series that almost happened, etc. It's as if she was saying "you Cubs fans should be grateful that this smart man came into your miserable organization and actually gave you a reason to hope...It's too bad really, it won't be long before you implode like you always do".

And remember, she HAS to at least maintain some kind of impartiality or she'd be fired the same day. And she STILL managed to pay less compliments to Cubs than most people would have in her position, considering right around that time Sox were falling apart and Cubs were making their move and Hendry's acquisitions Lofton, Grudz and Ramirez were CARRYING the team World Series-ward.....

Her being a Sox fan doesn't mean she has to cheerlead for the team. She hates KW (Hendry praise helped her take an indirect dig at Kennty's ineptitude). She is disgusted the way the team goes about trying to win. But in the end her Sox bias shines through blindingly bright. That's part of the reason why Les Grobstein hates her-- she got his old gig, she can't help but slant toward the Sox, she is young and popular among callers, etc.

And Loaiza did NOT deserve Cy Young. If Loaiza had go up against Yankees and Boston instead of Twins and KC and Tigers on consistent basis, his ERA and wins would have taken a nose-dive. Remember, there were times when E-Lo ran out of gas and was hanging pitches left and right, but since Indians and Tigers were so bad offensively, they let him off the hook and didn't ruin his confidence early on.

And MVP? What the f*** are you talking about? Magglio had 99 RBI in a hitter's park, playing in a division with a s***TY pitching. Thomas is a DH who hit .265 with only 105 RBI. You had Delgado, Boone and A-Rod....Please.

Jill Carlson is the best looking female sports anchor in chicago

That is not saying much. Hence, Michelle Pfeiffer she is not comment.

How can you even begin to compare Swieca and Carlson

Easy: neither is conventionally beautiful in a sports-bimbo kinda way.

No worries, though-- in fact it works in their favor-- neither is bland and both are fan-relatable. IMO.

That sux. I'm sure the way she talked regarding the Cubs rubbed some people the wrong way, but I tihnk most who had a problem with it were insecure with themselves and the team they root for. When it came down to discussing the sport itself she was always direct and factual. When anybody was doing well for either team, she completely gave them their props, and noone beat up the Sox harder than her (noone bashes them as well as sox fans, as it should be).

Besides, her show was about sports, not just Cubs/Sox BS, and it was usually right on.

ninetyfour is your sig from "They Live"?  If so, it's from one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies.

Yes. That's Keith David telling Piper to back off when they're in the alley, right before the brawl.

I also had a question about your avator. That looks an awful lot like a girl I went to grade school with. That isn't Laurie Canning, is it? I know that she's a professional dancer now, and she looked good back when I knew her, but god damn.

Yes.  That's Keith David telling Piper to back off when they're in the alley, right before the brawl.

I also had a question about your avator.  That looks an awful lot like a girl I went to grade school with.  That isn't Laurie Canning, is it?  I know that she's a professional dancer now, and she looked good back when I knew her, but god damn.

No, somehow I don't think that's the girl you knew in grade school.

:lolhitting