Best way to get tickets on the 13th?

SnB

This is the first year I'm going to have to buy my single game tickets, so I got a question. Should I get up early and get to the cell? and if so, what time? or should I sit at home and just get them online? is it easy? The only games I'm going to get on the 13th is the home opener and the sox v. cubs games.

The secret is, if you can get there early enough, they start selling tickets at about 9:30-9:45 which is before the 10am start of selling tickets on ticketbastard. If you are going to get up there at 6 or 7 in the morning it is better, if not, stay home and try the internet.

I tried the internet 2 years ago and for the first 2 hours I couldn't get through.

By the time I did, Cubs were gone. I never tried it, but if 2K4 says that the box office sells them earlier than 10:am "Sticket-Masters" then I'd give it a shot. Might want to call Sox park

1 312 674 1000 to see what is the earliest they will let you get in line. If I recall, there was a certain time waiting period that they would not let you wait around before hand.

Maybe someone else would know the answer to that. I just tried calling to find out, but missed it. In the offseason, the boxoffice closes at 4:00p.m. Hope you have success.

With ticketmaster events that are "hot ticket" items I have tried to go somewhere with a T1 or better internet connection. I go to law school at DePaul now and got Springsteen tickets there fairly easily, and before that I used the computer lab at Elmhurst College where I did my undergrad work.

I would suggest registering for a ticketmaster account today, and then the day you want to buy something you're all ready to go with payment and mailing info. The fast internet connection gives you the opportunity to refresh multiple times, and I know I've used 3 computers at a time on days where the computer labs were empty. You look like kind of a goof for a few minutes, but it has gotten me some GREAT seats for popular events.

Since Sox don't have a big season ticket base there are usually a decent amount of Cubs tickets for sale, so good luck!

This is the first year I'm going to have to buy my single game tickets, so I got a question.  Should I get up early and get to the cell? and if so, what time? or should I sit at home and just get them online? is it easy?  The only games I'm going to get on the 13th is the home opener and the sox v. cubs games.

The last couple of years I've been getting tickets online, and I haven't been able to get cubs sox, something always seems to go wrong, the ticket provider online always seems to be to busy, I'd try any other way then getting the cubs sox tickets online.

Out of curiosity, are there "convenience charges" or any other fees above the face value of the ticket when you purchase them at the ballpark?  I know you pay out the ying-yang through Ticketmaster.

NO fees at the park. If I were getting a bunch of tickets, it would definately be worth the drive. If I were just getting a couple, I would stay home out of the cold.

NO fees at the park.  If I were getting a bunch of tickets, it would definately be worth the drive.  If I were just getting a couple, I would stay home out of the cold.

You mean its not 70 degrees up there?

Damn, I'm glad I am in the South. ;-)

You mean its not 70 degrees up there? 

Damn, I'm glad I am in the South.  ;-)

Gee! Thanks for the enlightenment Rex!!! You remind me of my brother when he got a job transfer from South Bend Indiana The snowbelt of America to L.A. The first January out there he called and said, "You know what Tom, the other day it got so cold that I had to put on a shirt" At least I had a good reply. I said "At least tomorrow I know what side of the block my house will be on!!!!" Enjoy your tropical weather Rex!!!

Your location of weather makes me jealous. I'll forgive your 70 degre wisecrack for 2 reasons, 1) Your a Sox fan 2) Your not a Cub fan We gotta stick together no matter where us Sox fans live. :headbang :headbang :headbang