Steroid Allegations

DBAHO

According to a medical doctor on ESPN, you can catch anyone who has taken steroids in the past year by taking small tissue samples or hair samples.

A lot of the steroids are not "water soluble", and can be trapped within fat cells, or skin cells, and they take a really long time to "flush" out of the body.

According to a medical doctor on ESPN, you can catch anyone who has taken steroids in the past year by taking small tissue samples or hair samples. 

A lot of the steroids are not "water soluble", and can be trapped within fat cells, or skin cells, and they take a really long time to "flush" out of the body.

I heard that. They also said that even years later if you have significant weight loss that there is a possibility that you can test positive. :o

This is a snip of Thom Loverro's column today in the Washington Times. I think it's a great take on the situation

"This is not a court of law in which someone is innocent until proved guilty. It is the court of public opinion, which sometimes can be reckless but also can be astute enough to believe what it sees with its own eyes. It saw ballplayers who looked like professional wrestlers and now sees players who look like they spent the winter at Weight Watcher meetings, 24-7."

The whole column is a good read, including an interesting opinion on Dusty Baker's comments, here's the link;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/2004...15915-5586r.htm

I think "a court of law" will be the key to this whole thing, player's union be damned. If the are convicted of use of illegal substances and/or perjury regarding the use of said substances, they should be held accountable be MLB as well as the legal system.

I guess now, Barry Bonds is crying racism...geez. Doesn't he realize Jason Giambi is a white guy and so is Romanoski?? Sounds like Bonds is running scared now and trying to use anything he can to take some pressure off him. IMO.

I heard that on the radio this morning. It reiterates why I can't stand him as a person - I respect his baseball abilities, but that's it.

I guess now, Barry Bonds is crying racism...geez. Doesn't he realize Jason Giambi is a white guy and so is Romanoski?? Sounds like Bonds is running scared now and trying to use anything he can to take some pressure off him. IMO.

:fyou Bonds

Sad memories...

It's that thread which I feel put the rift between Flash and I....  :unsure:

There's a rift between us? I'll have to look through that thread because I had no idea you have a problem with me.

Could I be one of the 3 people you refered to in your "favorites thread?"

There's a rift between us?  I'll have to look through that thread because I had no idea you have a problem with me. 

Could I be one of the 3 people you refered to in your "favorites thread?"

Remember the...

"ignorant (as in not understanding)".. comment.. :lol:

And no.. you're not 1 of the 3. I don't think we've ever PM'd.. :huh

Remember the...

"ignorant (as in noe understanding".." comment..  :lol:

And no.. you're not 1 of the 3. I don't think we've ever PM'd..  :huh

AH, YES. Emotions were running high that day. I thought you edited "not understanding" part into the post and you had cw confirm that you didn't. I never did apologize...... :D

AH, YES.  Emotions were running high that day.  I thought you edited  "not understanding" part into the post and you had cw confirm that you didn't.  I never did apologize......  :D

Yea... I KNOW!! :angry:

That was a messed up day. Definitely could have been handled differently. Is that the actual thread that got the 3 Musketeers banned..? I thought there was another one...? :unsure: