Weekly League's Draft

Just want to remind everyone.

Steff....I'm not sure when I'm going to get home from work this morning, so I want to post instructions for you here. I'll also PM you the instructions for how to do it.

This should also help anyone else that hasn't done a live draft on yahoo or a live draft in general.

What you do is go to your yahoo league page. If you don't know how to get there, just go to www.yahoo.com, click on sports, then click on the fantasy button on the top right. Make sure your logged in and then your team will show up on the middle of the right hand side. Just click the league name.

Once your in the league page. You'll see on the very top (there is like a yellow/gold background color) that it says the draft is so many hours away.

Click on the test your system button. This will make sure you have the proper plugins. About 15 minutes before the draft, in that same area (I'm pretty sure on this) a button will come up with the live draft link and we'll just click the button and go in there. The draft order will be automatically generated in half an hour.

I'll be on aim on Bullsback just before the start of the draft, so if anyone has any trouble they can pm me. And once were in the draft I'm pretty sure there is like a chat feature, so we can all shoot the bull :)

Let me also add....Centerfield is a MANDATORY POSITION

You need to have 2 OF, and 1 CF.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Carefully studying my team I think that was the best draft I've ever had...

Before I've loaded up on pitching with hopes that I could trade for everything else.

But my line-up features, with the exception of Klesko and Damon(who are both definately available, since they'd probably be riding the pine on my team) No one who batted lower than .275 last season. There may not be too much power, but everone's got some. I expect 8 guys to hit at least 25 bombs. I have a bunch of team speed (something I usually overlook), and that's valuable because 3B's and SB's are both stats.

My pitching staff, which features no one who won more than 14 games last season, isn't near as bad as I had originally thought. I have three guys who will break camp as their teams closer, and as early as a month into the season I could have 5 GOOD closers :ph34r: ) All pitchers have good K/BB ratios, and relatively small ERA's.

I drafted a bunch of guys who were either hurt last season, young, or splitting time, so they didn't have the biggest numbers, but should produce more this season.

N. Johnson - split time

C. Patterson - injured

J. Gonzalez - injured

Klesko - split time/ injury

J. Gerut - split time/ young (should improve)

A. Berroa - young (should improve)

S. Podsednik - young(should improve)

The names on offense I didn't name were on the all-star team last year.

D. Willis - young - didn't play full season, though I think he may have a little bit of a down season. hittters may figure him out

A. Rhodes - didn't close last season - Billy Beane makes him worth more in Oakland

E. Jackson - Proved he belongs in the bigs last year. future NL rookie of the year???

I'd Like a top of the rotation starter but unless the right deal comes along I think I'll be standing pat.

I am willing to trade everyone but Everett, Reyes, and Renteria. Everyone else can be had.

EDIT: Renteria and Everett can be had only if the right deal comes along.

Hey steve go look at my team... Shingo disappeared...

Click the link on the right that says draft results... I took him in the 22nd round... it says "empty"

WTF!?!??!!?!

C Jason Varitek

1B Albert Pujols

2B Adam Kennedy

3B Alex Cintron

SS Jimmy Rollins

CF Preston Wilson

OF Garret Anderson

OF Rocco Baldelli

Util Shea Hillenbrand 

Util Hideki Matsui

BN Morgan Ensberg

BN Austin Kearns 

BN Sean Casey

Pitchers

SP Jason Schmidt

SP Esteban Loaiza

SP Hideo Nomo

RP Guillermo Mota

RP Brendan Donnelly

P Mark Buehrle

P Braden Looper

P Cory Lidle

BN Josh Fogg 

BN Rheal Cormier

Any comments on my team?

Hey steve go look at my team... Shingo disappeared...

Click the link on the right that says draft results... I took him in the 22nd round... it says "empty"

WTF!?!??!!?!

I think it happen when you picked up Nen, and didn't drop anyone.

Cheat, I like Soriano, Damon, and Izzy from your team.

C Jason Varitek

1B Albert Pujols

2B Adam Kennedy

3B Alex Cintron

SS Jimmy Rollins

CF Preston Wilson

OF Garret Anderson

OF Rocco Baldelli

Util Shea Hillenbrand 

Util Hideki Matsui

BN Morgan Ensberg

BN Austin Kearns 

BN Sean Casey

Pitchers

SP Jason Schmidt

SP Esteban Loaiza

SP Hideo Nomo

RP Guillermo Mota

RP Brendan Donnelly

P Mark Buehrle

P Braden Looper

P Cory Lidle

BN Josh Fogg 

BN Rheal Cormier

Any comments on my team?

Good young outfield...

I'd take Schmidt or Loiaza of your hands if you needed a reliever... If I can get that shingo thing fixed.... Even if I can't I found another good one everyone forgot.

C Jason Varitek

1B Albert Pujols

2B Adam Kennedy

3B Alex Cintron

SS Jimmy Rollins

CF Preston Wilson

OF Garret Anderson

OF Rocco Baldelli

Util Shea Hillenbrand 

Util Hideki Matsui

BN Morgan Ensberg

BN Austin Kearns 

BN Sean Casey

Pitchers

SP Jason Schmidt

SP Esteban Loaiza

SP Hideo Nomo

RP Guillermo Mota

RP Brendan Donnelly

P Mark Buehrle

P Braden Looper

P Cory Lidle

BN Josh Fogg 

BN Rheal Cormier

Any comments on my team?

I have the same outfield with an exception of Baldeli. (In league 1) I like your pick of Ensburg. He is going to do great this year in Houston with Geoff Blum gone to Tampa, meaning he won't have to share time with anyone.

J. Gerut - split time/ young (should improve)

I got Jody to and I feel that he was my steal of the draft cause I got him in like the 19th round or something, he just slipped through the cracks on everyone elses list. I got Nevin late too, and I'm expecting a big rebound year from him after being hurt for almost all of last year. He will be in a hitters park out in San Diego too.

what do you think of my team???

C A. Pierzynski

1B J. Giambi

2B L. Castillo

3B J. Crede

SS D. Jeter

CF J. Pierre

OF I. Suzuki

OF S. Green

Util M. Mora

Util M. Loretta

BN L. Matos

SP P. Martinez

SP R. Wolf

SP J. Beckett

RP K. Foulke

RP O. Dotel

P K. Wells

P D. Baez

P J. Julio

BN B. Lidge

BN Z. Day

BN C. Pavano

BN C. Bradford

I have the same outfield with an exception of Baldeli. (In league 1) I like your pick of Ensburg. He is going to do great this year in Houston with Geoff Blum gone to Tampa, meaning he won't have to share time with anyone.

I got Jody to and I feel that he was my steal of the draft cause I got him in like the 19th round or something, he just slipped through the cracks on everyone elses list. I got Nevin late too, and I'm expecting a big rebound year from him after being hurt for almost all of last year. He will be in a hitters park out in San Diego too.

Yeah the late round were really fun for me...

16. Nick Johnson

17. Edwin Jackson

18. Artur Rhodes

19. Corey Patterson

20. Juan Gonzalez

21. Jody Gerut

22. Shingo - Although he disappeared now.

Teamo Supremo:

C: Ramon Hernandez

1B: Jim Thome, Derek Lee, David Ortiz

2B: Junior Spivey

3B: Scott Rolen, Aramis Ramirez

SS: Edgar Renteria, Jose Reyes

OF: Barry Bonds, Carlos Lee, Carl Everett, Jay Gibbons, Jose Cruz

CF: Carl Everett

SP: Roger Clemens, Woody Williams, Sidney Ponson, Freddy Garcia, Kaz Ishii, Jose Contreras

RP: Shiggy Hasegawa, Rafeal Soriano, Scott Williamson, Jose Contreras