Marvin Bernard Calf Injury

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, If Benard isn't healthy and can't make the team who has the best chance?

They have to be an outfielder, can't be Reed or Borchard. Maybe "Super" Mario Valenzuela. He's the only other outfielder in camp that's not a "top prospect", we'll have to see how this injury thing plays out.

Hmmm, If Benard isn't healthy and can't make the team who has the best chance?

They have to be an outfielder, can't be Reed or Borchard. Maybe "Super" Mario Valenzuela. He's the only other outfielder in camp that's not a "top prospect", we'll have to see how this injury thing plays out.

Gload can be a fourth outfielder/pinch hit/play third/play first.

Gload can be a fourth outfielder/pinch hit/play third/play first.

I've never heard anything about him being able to play third.

The bench as it stands if they break camp with 12 pitchers would be:

Sandy Alomar

Juan Uribe

Ross Gload

Marvin Benard

If Benard can't play they need a true outfielder to take the last spot. Gload is definately more of a first baseman than an outfielder.

Reed can't be ready yet. Give him to the Knights for the year. Borchard I believe could, and I would also like to see Valenzuela.

You can't judge a man if he can or can't be ready. Only Reed himself knows if he's ready or not. He could go 0-4 in SP, then the next game could go 4-4. Let's see how this kid's spring turns out first before we judge. I'd rather have him or Valenzuela then Borchard just because they can get on base. We already have power on our team. But if Reed isn't ready, then he'll "go" to the Knights not "give," and it won't be for the year. Expect him to get called up very soon.

You can't judge a man if he can or can't be ready. Only Reed himself knows if he's ready or not. He could go 0-4 in SP, then the next game could go 4-4. Let's see how this kid's spring turns out first before we judge. I'd rather have him or Valenzuela then Borchard just because they can get on base. We already have power on our team. But if Reed isn't ready, then he'll "go" to the Knights not "give," and it won't be for the year. Expect him to get called up very soon.

Well aren't you being saucy today? I'd rather Reed get a year in AAA in and see if he can continue his torrid hitting instead of being hurried up to the Major League. I would love for Reed to hit .400 in Spring Training and make the team, but I just doubt it's gonna happen. One more thing, we have no use for Reed right now. Magglio and Lee will be themselves, Rowand is gonna be fine unless he injures himself again, because he's definately ready. I'd rather someone who's spent ages down in AAA like Borchard be our 4th OF instead of Reed rotting on the bench not getting any practice in when he could be at AAA fine tuning himself.

No need to be a dick about it. :fyou

Well aren't you being saucy today? I'd rather Reed get a year in AAA in and see if he can continue his torrid hitting instead of being hurried up to the Major League. I would love for Reed to hit .400 in Spring Training and make the team, but I just doubt it's gonna happen. One more thing, we have no use for Reed right now. Magglio and Lee will be themselves, Rowand is gonna be fine unless he injures himself again, because he's definately ready. I'd rather someone who's spent ages down in AAA like Borchard be our 4th OF instead of Reed rotting on the bench not getting any practice in when he could be at AAA fine tuning himself.

No need to be a dick about it.  :fyou

Sorry dude. I'm just saying dont judge a man's abilities. I totally agree about him getting time in AAA because he is the future. I'd still rather see him or Mario than Borchard on the team. Again my apologies. :)

I've never heard anything about him being able to play third.

The bench as it stands if they break camp with 12 pitchers would be:

Sandy Alomar

Juan Uribe

Ross Gload

Marvin Benard

If Benard can't play they need a true outfielder to take the last spot. Gload is definately more of a first baseman than an outfielder.

Gload can play the outfield. I'm not sure how well he can play center, but one of the reasons he is going to make the team is because of his versatility, which includes playing the outfield.

He's a lefty but he can play third.

It's a big disadvantage to be a lefty thirdbaseman.

link

Imagine charging to get a bunt down the thrd base line. You'd have to plant stop and almost take a step backwards to even get the throw off... you're not in the right position. Whereas a right hander can let his momentum carry him and still throw accross his body.

Gload will not play 3B in the Majors unless it is an absolute emergency.

Oh totally. I only meant he can play it. It's just another part of his versatility. Hopefully a guy like Burke can make the team and we can have a more ideal third baseman for giving Crede a day off. I like that scenerio, especially if Gload shows he can center when need be. I like Everett, but if he can, I don't see why Gload can't do it too. Especially since it will only happen on occasion. We'll see, but Burke can play third, and it gives us the advantage of having three catchers on the roster. We'll find out soon enough what they're planning on doing. Hey, it's my birthday in a few minutes. Woooohoooo, lol. :lol: :headbang

Oh totally. I only meant he can play it. It's just another part of his versatility. Hopefully a guy like Burke can make the team and we can have a more ideal third baseman for giving Crede a day off. I like that scenerio, especially if Gload shows he can center when need be. I like Everett, but if he can, I don't see why Gload can't do it too. Especially since it will only happen on occasion. We'll see, but Burke can play third, and it gives us the advantage of having three catchers on the roster. We'll find out soon enough what they're planning on doing. Hey, it's my birthday in a few minutes. Woooohoooo, lol. :lol:  :headbang

Uribe is your backup 3B

Really?

I thought I heard somewhere that if Crede needed a day off Valentin would play 3rd and the SS would be Uribe. :huh

That is much more likely...I'm sorry Rex, but until it happens, I won't believe it. Why not leave a GG caliber SS at SS? We're not the Yankees.