Miguel Tejada

LDF

according to the trib, miguel might be available at spring training if he doesn't sign an extensio. he is entering the last yr of his contract and the gm want to get something back for him.................. ummmmm would you trade for him or wait till the end of the yr?

My answer is a resounding yes. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. We need a good middle-infield defense and he will give us that. His offense and defense is up in the caliber of A-rod, Jeter and Nomar. He is on his prime of his career and his leadership will give us a huge boost. We got Colon so why stop there. Get Miguel and we will definitely have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. If not this spring training, we need to trade for him in the off-season bcoz Manos might not be back. Miguel will supply us what Manos gives us which is leadership but with A VERY HUGE UPGRADE DEFENSIVELY.

My answer is a resounding yes. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. We need a good middle-infield defense and he will give us that. His offense and defense is up in the caliber of A-rod, Jeter and Nomar. He is on his prime of his career and his leadership will give us a huge boost. We got Colon so why stop there. Get Miguel and we will definitely have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. If not this spring training, we need to trade for him in the off-season bcoz Manos might not be back. Miguel will supply us what Manos gives us which is leadership but with A VERY HUGE UPGRADE DEFENSIVELY.

2 things comes to my mind,

1. what would the cost be in getting him?

2. what would be the cost in keeping him?

I think it would be cheaper for JR to just higher a hitman to murder the entire Twins team.........

We'd have to trade with Billy Beane again....... maybe we could pull a Tejada for Wade Parrish deal to counter-act the Adkins for Ray-Ray deal. :D

I think it would be cheaper for JR to just higher a hitman to murder the entire Twins team.........

We'd have to trade with Billy Beane again....... maybe we could pull a Tejada for Wade Parrish deal to counter-act the Adkins for Ray-Ray deal. :D

yeah i forgot which team miguel was playing for. oh well screw that, billy will take kw to the bank again.

Tejada for Valentin and Rowand, Beane wants contracts that end after 03 and Valentins is up and Rowand is cheap a few more years. :headbang

yeah but he would demand mark b in that trade. even tho i know that you meant it as a joke, but with kw one will never know.

May be its time for the Sox to finally get the most out of the trade b/w the Sox vs. A's.

May be KW will out duel Billy Beane for the first time? :lol:

May be its time for the Sox to finally get the most out of the trade b/w the Sox vs. A's.

May be KW will out duel Billy Beane for the first time? :lol:

you have to remember, we are talking about kw now.

Man, Tejada is one of my favorite players in the majors. The kid has a strong arm, good glove and good range. He's way better then Jose defensively, and lets not even talk about his offensive abilities, cause he's huge at the plate. I'd stick him in the 2 hole where he'd get a large arsenal of fastballs.

If we were to get him, I'd assume we'd give up Carlos and Manos and something else. Then stick Daubach in left, which gives left handed pop in the back part of the lineup. The move would definately make sense.

Of course, the key is what it would cost, cause I couldn't see the Sox signing him, Colon, and Buerhle. Pk, and Maggs are signed for a bit longer and we will have Buerhle, but he'll be making more no matter what. Still, Colon's contract won't go up too much. He already makes 8.25 million, and I can't really see him getting more then 12. I'd look for the Sox to give him a 3 yr, 36 mill contract or a 4 yr/48 at maximum. They seem very interested in resigning him.

That alone would increase the payroll 4 mill though. Buerhle will increase it probably another 3-4 million as his will go up a lot next season, as long as he keeps pitching awesome. Then you look at Tejada, who made like 3.6 mill or so last year. His would probably go up a whole lot, towards 8 million, but if he hit the open market, it could go up even more. If they signed him long term, that would add another 5 million over what they paid him the year before. Thats around 13 mill more then the year before. Then the Sox make a decision on Big Frank and Carlos Lee, if both of them go, then you easily can afford this move and resigning everyone else. I also see the Sox raising the payroll next year if the team is very sucessful. The key is a couple sucessful seasons in a row and the Sox are just due and they got the team that can do it, but some things will have to fall into place.

As far as why the deal would make sense now, simple, if we move Manos, then his contract is probably a bit more then Tejada's. I don't think the A's are looking to dump payroll, but rather to find a replacement who won't make as much during free agency. I'm assuming the deal would cost you Valentin, maybe Lee (I don't know if they want him or if they want his salary) and if they don't go after Lee, either one real good position prospect; not Webster or Borchard; and one good pitching prospect, maybe Malone.

The deal would definately be worth it, because Tejada is fantastic. I'd love to find a way to get him, without giving up anyone other then Jose and some minor leaguers that wouldn't ever reach the majors; but it is Billy Beane and I don't see it happening. I do think he'd like getting Jose in return for Tejada, because it gives him a guy whose contract is up and can produce solid power numbers.

How about...

Lee, Andy Gonzalez, and David Sanders for Tejada....we move Jose to 2B(Manuel the tinkerer) and have Jimenez refine his skills in AAA(though I think his skills are fine for now)....we have good range up the middle and resign Tejada in the offseason....use Jimenez at 2B from then on out.

If only....I'd actually prefer to get Beltran though....we are very weak in CF, and not as weak at SS...and it would cost less, and he's worth more. I'd like either....but Beltran more than Tejada.

i really dont think KW is going to add anyone else to this roster...atleast thats how he made it sound when he was on stage...he's really happy with what he has accomplished and he's gonna go with it....atleast thats what he intended to get out....if thats the case lets hope its enough

tejada is good but what makes you think he will have a second career year??? He would be a rent-a-player

besides, puting manos at 2b instead of jimenez is dumb.....

jose makes agressive errors, that is true, but he is still an excellent guy to have. if only he would return to slapping the ball around instead of trying to power hit

It makes sense for the Cubs. If I were them I'd go after him right now. With a shortstop like him they could just compete, cause it would actually give them some pop in the lineup.

He'd definately make sense for the Sox, but I haven't even seen where its a shoe in that he's on the market. They are considering it, if he doesn't sign, but would likely hold onto him till the deadline.

Altough I would obviously love to have Tejada on the southside, lets be realistic it's not going to happen, obviously Tejada is a huge upgrade over Valentin, but Tejada and Colon in the same offseason, that would be amazing, but it's definetly not going to happen.

Altough I would obviously love to have Tejada on the southside, lets be realistic it's not going to happen, obviously Tejada is a huge upgrade over Valentin, but Tejada and Colon in the same offseason, that would be amazing, but it's definetly not going to happen.

welcome aboard.

having and getting tejada to me should be paramount. he is available and is a young whoreRod, normar in the making. with a talent like that, and esp if you lock him up, wow.

i TOTALLY agree...the day when we acquire over 2 superstars in the same season is the day when i will dance naked on da roof :rolleyes: o and cwsox u might wanna take up the part about intelligent and knowledgebale talk now cuz i totally ruined it