More cuts

Cerbaho-WG

If this has already been posted I apologize:

White Sox optioned RHP Gary Majewski to Triple-A Charlotte and reassigned C Jonathan Acevas, INF Mike Bell, C Carlos Maldonado, LHP Josh Stewart and OF Mario Valenzuela to minor league camp.

Rex what the hell is with Gary Majewski? This is what his 3rd time with the organization? Are the Sox that high on him that they keep bringing him back?

Majewski has a nice arm and a bulldog mentality. The Sox traded him to the Dodgers organization several years ago and then got him back in a trade later that year. Apparently he just didn't fit in, in the Dodgers org. The Sox liked him, so they got him back after a bad year with the Dodgers.

He had a really good year in Birmingham in 2002 and then was taken in the Rule 5 draft by Toronto last year, but was returned to the Sox when he didn't make the Blue Jays out of ST.

Tex, as they call him, is different. He is a country boy who wears boots and marches to his own beat. None of that really matters, but it may help explain why he didn't adapt too well in a new org.

I have heard the Sox have been on him in the past about conditioning. Jason saw him last year and said he didn't think that was an issue anymore.

Jason is high on him. I think he has a chance, but would call him more of a fringe prospect. I think his impact at the big league level, if any, will be low to moderate.

I didn't get to catch him this spring Rex, but your assessment is pretty accurate (I wish I would of saw him throw). I love the kids fastball and attitude. This is his first spring with the big club and I think he'll learn from it. He still has to better develop a secondary pitch, but I just think he's got that closers mentality.