a non baseball fan's opinions

sox4lifeinPA

The majority of the games will be played inter-division.  I can't see a .500 team realistically winning any division.

With the unbalanced schedules, and expecting the Tigers to have a loss or two before the season is over, it will take 8 to 10 games over .500 to win.

We will win the division if we find a 2B that knows that in baseball, you have to hit the ball to help score, and if Valentin gets out of his swing-happy mode.

This team could really use Roberto Alomar. His average over the past few seasons has gone down, but the guy could get on base and works the count to give the other hitters an idea of what they are going to see at the dish.

Damn shame. :banghead

clearly the top team will be above .500, yet I look at the contending teams, and I can't believe all these holes in chicago, kc, and minnesota... I think if we can over come this beginning month or two, we'll be fine. We should be able to sell off Rauch/malone/borchard for the pieces we're missing.

my wish list would be to get marcus giles or furcal and robbie alomar.

clearly the top team will be above .500, yet I look at the contending teams, and I can't believe all these holes in chicago, kc, and minnesota... I think if we can over come this beginning month or two, we'll be fine. We should be able to sell off Rauch/malone/borchard for the pieces we're missing.

It was the same way last year. Everyone thought 84 games could win the division and Minn. won 90.

I think 88-92 will win the division.

I don't think KW would trade for Alomar again.

he's only due like 1-2 mil, right? zona only signed him for a year, I thought.

so robbie's not an option ever again?

shame...

Just think of the scrutiny KW would come under. KW did not sign him in the offseason, when it was guaranteed he would come back if signed to a reasonable contract. Then at the trade deadline, he goes out and acquires Robbie and has to give up prospects to do so? Trading for Robbie would mean that our players at second have failed, I don't think anyone in their right mind would go after someone he could have had all along.