Sox @ Yankees Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone has alot of expectations of Jon for this year. It's do or die for him. No more middle of the road. I think it's very positive that Ozzie has faith in him. I think Jon was too concerned last year about Jerry giving up on him and pulling him when things got rough, and that messed with his confidence. On another note, I hope we can hit Contreras, he was nasty in ST.

Just hope we don't see another cluster of walks today. So far walks have cost us our 2 losses. It's like saying to the opposing team "Here ya go....we are giving you a bonus! A free chance to score runs!" If we get rocked.........so be it, but don't need to help the opposition out. Look at the 2 losses. KC home opener........ Kc looked stale all day. 9th inning, home opener, 41000 fans. "2 WALKS" by Politte with the heart of the order to follow. New life and hugr adrenalin brought to the fans and players. Result........ "Jack Time" to follow!!!

Yankees home opener. 4 walks by Shoney. 2 of them scored. If there were no walks. we would have won that game also. Regardless of how Garland does........ "THE WALKS HAVE GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/size] it's what also killed us most of last year as well. Regardless of today.................. we also have the king of last years walks tomorrow. Mr. WRIGHTY!!!!! Let's hope that this all comes to an end this year and STOP GIVING AWAY GAMES!!!! If we are going to lose............then let's MAKE SURE that it's in a way where they HAVE TO BEAT US. If our offense explodes......GREAT! If not, we have tough enough opponents against us without adding our own pitching staff to help out their cause even more!!