soxfan420

harris(starting to turn it on)

olivo

mags

thomas

lee

pk

crede

perez(i really liked perz in the game i saw him play in, he started our scoring)

uribe

That line up gives us 4 people that can steal a base in harris, olivo, perez, and uribe.

ive watched every game thus far and liked everything ive seen from these players, with the exception of uribe, and he is a deffensive upgrade and cant do much worse on offense except less home runs, but i thing mags, thomas, lee, pk, and crede is enough of a home run threat.

Let me know what you think.

harris(starting to turn it on)

olivo

mags

thomas

lee

pk

crede

perez(i really liked perz in the game i saw him play in, he started our scoring)

uribe

That line up gives us 4 people that can steal a base in harris, olivo, perez, and uribe.

ive watched every game thus far and liked everything ive seen from these players, with the exception of uribe, and he is a deffensive upgrade and cant do much worse on offense except less home runs, but i thing mags, thomas, lee, pk, and crede is enough of a home run threat.

Let me know what you think.

Interesting. I wouldn't go with Olivio hitting 2nd. He doesn't hit for a high enough average. Everything else looks good.

Interesting.  I wouldn't go with Olivio hitting 2nd.  He doesn't hit for a high enough average.  Everything else looks good.

judging off of 2 games he really looks much better at the plate, he confidence is up, you can tell by just watching him, he looks really calm up there.

i know its not alot to judge a player off of, but i just liked what i saw.

judging off of 2 games he really looks much better at the plate, he confidence is up, you can tell by just watching him, he looks really calm up there.

i know its not alot to judge a player off of, but i just liked what i saw.

Will see what happens. I would love it if he could hit around .260...Anything higher would be WONDERFUL...

Jose is NOT bad defensively.

So he booted a ball Bernie hit yesterday....I guarantee you that if you hit that exact same ball to the 29 other SS's 10 times that all of them would boot it and some would boot it 3 times. That's a freak play where there's damn near nothing you can do about it.

His throwing error was different, but everyone knows he's good for 20-25 errors a year

His range factor is among the tops in the league, and he does make most plays.

Plus you have the fact that he is the only left-handed power that we have, and he runs the bases like no body's buisness(I assume you saw how he scored from first on a Magglio single on Friday, correct?), and he HAS to be in the lineup.

When a lefty starts, it's a different story. Then Uribe is in. That's the only time Uribe is in.

BTW, I do not like the lineup. Olivo's OBP will probably be around .300 if we're lucky. I would like Rowand or Lee a hell of a lot more at #2 than Olivo(if we're going to mess with s*** a little bit here). I then move Jose to 5 or 6 in the order and Konerko is in the one that Jose is not(I'd put Jose at 5, due to the fact that he breaks up the righties, he is less likely to part of a DP that Konerko would hit, and if Konerko hit one to the wall, Jose could score easily). Also, Perez is a good 4th OF...let Rowand have the spot. I think Rowand has a little more pop then Perez, and he can steal bases too.

(soxfan420 Posted on Apr 11 2004, 10:21 AM)

ive watched every game thus far and liked everything ive seen from these players, with the exception of uribe, and he is a deffensive upgrade

is uribe's defense really that much better than rowands?

I would rather see Lee in the two spot over Olivo, even though Olivo looks a lot better this year so far. I don't mind Jose in the two spot, he's going to come around, and the guy can bunt, which we'll be seeing soon enough I'm sure.

Happy Easter everyone! :D

Thank you and Happy Easter to you too.

I think Carlos Lee has to stay in the 5 hole to protect Frank, who in turn is protecting Maglio. Moving Lee up probably puts Paul Konerko at 5, unless Paul gets hot for an extended period of time, long enough to change the book on him, everybody will pitch around Thomas and take their chances getting a GDIP.

CLee at 5 is a big key to the offense this year.

CLee at 5 is a big key to the offense this year.

I think Crede and Harris are more important because unlike Lee, you just don't know what you will get from them.

Sox need Crede to put up 810-825 OPS badly. It would make Konerko or Valentin that much more effective in the 6 hole.