Koch

Xero

Good point, it wasn't that it was a bad pitch, it was that it was a pitch in Sweeney's hot zone.  Sandy Alomar, or Billy Koch said something like "We stayed away from that spot (up and in) all game long, and when we threw one there, he hit it."

Now that I think of it, I bet he was zoning inside. When that pitch came, he turned on it and bashed the s*** out of it.

One more on the outside corner and Koch gets an out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well before we get all goofy here about Koch or ELo, Gar, and Buehrle I have an interesting tidbit here, in the past 3 days(5 games) there's been 27 HRs hit in Chicago including 16 today and it coulda been 40 if it were St Louis or Houston instead of the impotent Bucs. I think what we've had here is what's called Welcome to Chicago baseball in April.

In fact, the most amazing(and promising) thing this week was that we scored all 10 runs yesterday without a HR.

Let it be known that though it seems like it, I am no supporter of Billy Koch. If I was Kenny, this offseason, I would have traded Billy Koch for anything, a bag of balls, some extra pine tar, whatever. As long as that team took on most (maybe all but 1 million) of Koch's salary. Then, with the extra money, sign Ugueth Urbina and give him what he wants - hell, he might even take a little less, he's supposedly Ozzie's buddy. I'm pretty pissed off about not signing Urbina, he was there, the Sox had the chance, and they let the Tigers of all teams sign him...

Let it be known that though it seems like it, I am no supporter of Billy Koch.  If I was Kenny, this offseason, I would have traded Billy Koch for anything, a bag of balls, some extra pine tar, whatever.  As long as that team took on most (maybe all but 1 million) of Koch's salary.  Then, with the extra money, sign Ugueth Urbina and give him what he wants - hell, he might even take a little less, he's supposedly Ozzie's buddy.  I'm pretty pissed off about not signing Urbina, he was there, the Sox had the chance, and they let the Tigers of all teams sign him...

Koch is one guy I feel had almost no trade value over the winter. A lot of people called for Konerko to be specifically traded for "a bag of used baseballs". I still felt PK had some serious value and the Sox would be foolish to dump him just to purge some payroll. But Koch, with that loss of velocity, was almost untradeable.

Lets trade Koch and Marte for Eric Gange

KW: I have a trade idea. Koch and Marte for Eric, what do you think?

DePodesta: :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

DePodesta: Really, what are you thinking?

KW: I'm serious. Koch and Marte for Gagne

DePodesta: Read my bio, I went to Harvard.

KW: I have a trade idea. Koch and Marte for Eric, what do you think?

DePodesta:  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

DePodesta: Really, what are you thinking?

KW: I'm serious. Koch and Marte for Gagne

DePodesta: Read my bio, I went to Harvard.

illegal wiretap there Tex? :huh

that was pretty funny! and true! :headbang