Rotoworld commenting on Jeremy Reed:

CSF

Jeremy Reed - OF White Sox - Here's another speedy American League Central outfielder who might get a look soon. Reed, ranked fourth in the preseason top 100, is off to a nice start at Triple-A Charlotte, batting .342/.364/.452 with five steals in 73 AB. The White Sox have never been particularly high on Aaron Rowand and they could use another left-handed bat to help out a heavily right-handed lineup, so Reed could be in the majors to stay by June 1.

Reed, drafted in the second round two years ago, rose to prominance while hitting .333/.433/.477 in 63 games for Single-A Winston-Salem and .409/.474/.591 in 66 games for Double-A Birmingham last year. He also mixed in 45 steals, leaving fantasy leaguers drooling in anticipation. Reed might be a natural right fielder, but he's decent enough in center to stay there for now. It's possible that he could play right next year if Magglio Ordonez leaves.

He has enough power to bat lower in the order, but I see Reed becoming one of baseball's top leadoff men. He could be a .300-hitting Brady Anderson, making him an outstanding fantasy outfielder and a true superstar in real baseball. 35 doubles, 15 homers, 75 walks, 30 steals -- he's capable of all of it. The sharp drop in his walk rate this year will be a concern if it doesn't improve over the next couple of months, but it can be overlooked for now. Unless Rowand gets hot, Reed should be up to help AL-only leaguers and maybe even mixed leaguers well before the All-Star break.

Reed should be up to help AL-only leaguers and maybe even mixed leaguers well before the All-Star break.

Is this supposed to mean he will for the Sox in the AL and make the All Star Team or what?

Or is he in a mixed league in bowling? :huh

Is this supposed to mean he will for the Sox in the AL and make the All Star Team or what?

Or is he in a mixed league in bowling? :huh

I think they are referring to his potential value in fantasy baseball there, Mr. W.... :P

I think they are referring to his potential value in fantasy baseball there, Mr. W.... :P

well live and learn!

since I know nothing about fasty league baseball, that one passed me right by!

thank you Mr A for the insight!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Jeremy Reed - OF White Sox - Here's another speedy American League Central outfielder who might get a look soon. Reed, ranked fourth in the preseason top 100, is off to a nice start at Triple-A Charlotte, batting .342/.364/.452 with five steals in 73 AB. The White Sox have never been particularly high on Aaron Rowand and they could use another left-handed bat to help out a heavily right-handed lineup, so Reed could be in the majors to stay by June 1.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Unless Carlos is traded for pitching, NO to Reed playing this year.

We don't need him. He will not be good. Restovich and Cuddayer put up numbers in AAA that dwarfed Reed's and yet they are sucking it up against superior ML pitching. Ditto for Zuleta and Willie Harris. And literally thousands of others over the years.

Obvisouly there is a HUGE difference between 800 OPS in AAA sandbox and 800 OPS in the majors. Few have the mentality to come in a make an impact right away.

Is Reed's wrist even ok? He looked bad in Spring Training.

Why waste a year of ML service if he likely won't put up better numbers than Rowand who I feel will still end up with 770-800 OPS?

Play Aaron against LHP and 50% of the RHP and see what Timo can do.

I honestly think that Reed could be this years Miguel Cabrera. If the Sox are in contention than I say just bring him up in June to see what he can do, I know theres no roster spot, but we can figure something out.

If he keeps hitting .380 all the way til June it's pointless to keep him down there.

Until then I'm satisfied with Rowand, Ordonez and Lee :headbang

CWSOX45

Rowand hits better off lefties, Reed off righties. The question to ask is whether u want Rowand coming off the bench against the lefties while Reed starts, or do u want Rowand gettin consistent AB's down at Charlotte. And what about Timo Perez? The thing that's killing A-Row now is that he's only got 3 RBI's.