4/29 Games

danman31

Brandon McCarthy makes my new sig proud with another solid outing. Kanny won 4-1 behind 5 innings of work giving up the lone run. 4 Ks, 3 BBs, and 3 hits. It wasn't his best work, but it sure as hell wasn't bad. Thomas Brice, aka Mr. Promote Me To Winston-Salem Already Damnit, went 3-4 with 2 HRs. This guy is just playing a level down. He is tearing it up in Kanny. Oh and Chris Young had a HR :ph34r:, but he went 1-4 with 2 Ks. :lol: Box Score

Rauch also pitched solidly as well. 5 IP, only 1 run, 5 Ks, 0 BBs. Reed and Nelson both went 2-5. Jose Valentin went 0-4 with 2 Ks. :lol: Oh and the Knights won 7-2. :) Box Score

When you suck you find ways to lose. W-S was tied at 4 and scored 3 in the bottom of the 8th for the lead. Pollok couldn't hold the 3-run lead and the game went to extras. Stumm got the loss in the 10th. Ryan Sweeney went 0-6, yes 6. Nanita went 1-4 with a walk. Brian Anderson is beginning to play well. From the wrist injury to adapting to High-A Ball it seems he is figuring it out. He went 2-4 with 2 doubles and a walk. Pedro Lopez went 3-6.Box Score

Bham was tied at 3 in the 7th. Play has been suspended. I don't know what they will do.

The Knights actually scored 7 runs!? Good to see Bell and Smith gettin sum RBI's and takin the load off Reed and Nelson. Thomas Brice just keeps gettin betta and betta, he's really tearin it up in Kanny.

Well Winston Salem had won 3 in a row. They are slowly getting headed in the right direction.

Awesome the Bmac got the win. Looked like his control was off, 3 walks for him is like 7 walks from a normal person :lol:

Despite that he still gets the win and only gives up a run on an infield hit.

I think the reason Rauch only went five was because he waited through some really long innings early on. Charlotte scored three in the first and two in the second, and Rauch was really laboring after those two innings. He threw pretty well, if you consider 69 pitches and 51 strikes well (I do).

Valentin had a really tough assignment facing a left handed knuckleballer in his first game back. The thing was moving all over the place, and two early passed balls led to 4 unearned runs. Reed's stolen base was actually him getting picked off and beating the throw to second, but he had two solid line drive hits, including a double in the first. The kid is very good, and has composed himself really well in all the interviews hes conducted down here so far. He seems (knock on wood) like the real deal.

Brandon McCarthy makes my new sig proud with another solid outing. Kanny won 4-1 behind 5 innings of work giving up the long run. 4 Ks, 3 BBs, and 3 hits. It wasn't his best work, but it sure as hell wasn't bad. Thomas Brice, aka Mr. Promote Me To Winston-Salem Already Damnit, went 3-4 with 2 HRs. This guy is just playing a level down. He is tearing it up in Kanny. Oh and Chris Young had a HR :ph34r:, but he went 1-4 with 2 Ks. :lol: Box Score

Rauch also pitched solidly as well. 5 IP, only 1 run, 5 Ks, 0 BBs. Reed and Nelson both went 2-5. Jose Valentin went 0-4 with 2 Ks. :lol: Oh and the Knights won 7-2. :) Box Score

BMAC!!!! :notworthy When you drop by let us know how you are doing and feeling, and any other insights you want to give us.

I think the reason Rauch only went five was because he waited through some really long innings early on.  Charlotte scored three in the first and two in the second, and Rauch was really laboring after those two innings.  He threw pretty well, if you consider 69 pitches and 51 strikes well (I do). 

Valentin had a really tough assignment facing a left handed knuckleballer in his first game back.  The thing was moving all over the place, and two early passed balls led to 4 unearned runs.  Reed's stolen base was actually him getting picked off and beating the throw to second, but he had two solid line drive hits, including a double in the first.  The kid is very good, and has composed himself really well in all the interviews hes conducted down here so far.  He seems (knock on wood) like the real deal.

I think the reason Rauch only went five was because he waited through some really long innings early on. Charlotte scored three in the first and two in the second, and Rauch was really laboring after those two innings. He threw pretty well, if you consider 69 pitches and 51 strikes well (I do).

I do too. Thanks for the insights :headbang :headbang