Dan Wright sent down to Charlotte

SoxFanForever

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Sox postgame show on ESPN 1000, and Dave Wills just said Wright was sent down & Burke was called up. I can see Wright going down, but Burke? Melton just said that Wunsch must not be 100%. He also said Reed wouldn't be recalled unless he would be playing everyday.

Like I said in the other thread, They should have called up Diaz or Wunsch (if he's 100%) and put Cotts in the rotation. That would make more sense. So I'm guessing were carring 3 catchers and putting Cotts in the rotation anywayz...

Seriously, im confused right now  :huh

my only thought is that they wont need the 5th starter until friday or maybe even miss that start(off day thursday) so they want to get an extra bat on the team for these upcoming games, then theyll send burke down and bring up a starter

my only thought is that they wont need the 5th starter until friday or maybe even miss that start(off day thursday) so they want to get an extra bat on the team for these upcoming games, then theyll send burke down and bring up a starter

that is most likely it, which makes sense ... why bring in a fifth starter who won't be pitching for a good five days.

that is most likely it, which makes sense ... why bring in a fifth starter who won't be pitching for a good five days.

If/when we do bring up a fifth starter, I would like to see Grilli or Rauch.