Jeremy Reed Prediction Thread

ChiSox_Sonix

Offensively, the Sox are in need of a quality lefty bat in the top of the order. Val will not get it done up top. With Harris swinging a good bat recently, having a good average hitter like Reed could really help set the table for Maggs and Thomas and would allow us to move Val down to around 6 to break up the right handed bats. Rowand hasnt been exactly stellar this year and Reed has got to be on the management's minds. So, let's play a game: When does Reed make his debut?

May 25th

Not at all.  I think the Sox will be in it to the end, and Reed won't be up until September after the Charlotte season is done.

September Callups are big fun....

:D

However if youre team is making a huge amount of callups it usually means all is lost and youre playin for next year!

My guess is the Sox leave Reed at Charlotte for more experience. He comes up when the rosters are expanded in September. They will make a trade for a CF'er before bringing someone up from the minors. But, my guess is Rowand stays in CF.

Jeremy Reed = The next Joe Borchard

I really wish this farm system had something other then outfield prospects.

And I don't want to hear about Grilli or Diaz either.

Cool Handle, Poppy! I am interested in seeing Diaz get the call and hopefully pitch this weekend.

I am interested in seeing Diaz get the call and hopefully pitch this weekend.

I wish they were planning on pitching Diaz in this Baltimore series. An extra day off wouldn't hurt any of the starters and I think throwing him in against our biggest divisional rival is a tough task for a youngster. Especially in his first time out.

Jeremy Reed = The next Joe Borchard

I really wish this farm system had something other then outfield prospects.

And I don't want to hear about Grilli or Diaz either.

How is Jeremy Reed anything like Joe Borchard, Reed continues to hit and he hasn't done anything but hit since the sox drafted him. Borchard had one good year and down hill from there. Also Borchard is a power hitter with a long swing, I really haven't seen Reed play that much but he's more of a contact guy right now that doesn't strike out a lot.