Interesting Article

EvilJester99

Dating back to last season, the Sox's No. 5 starters are a combined 3-16.

OUCH. A team is only as good as it's weakest link. You can't get any momentum built when 85% of the time you're going to lose every fifth day.

I think it would work because it A) helps up with the pitching problem, and B) eliminates the daily lineup shak ups on where to put Willie, Jose, Uribe and Rowand every day.

Rowand needs to grab some bench, I think about 80% of Sox fans would agree with that sentiment.

Spoke with a poster at our "rival" site WSI this past weekend and he's watched Rowand in the OF a lot this year up close and says he's just been terrible with his routes all season long. And from what I've seen, he hasn't hit well enough to be an everyday player.

In a WA paper today, they talked about changes that should be coming very soon in SEA, to try and salvage the season. Garcia would be moved later. Here's the link:

http://www.tribnet.com/sports/baseball/mar...p-5012444c.html

They'd probably want Jose.

They might want PK, as Olerud is making $7.7 mill[PK for SP Gil Meche and Olerud]

They could take Lee and Ibanez could move to 1B.

The key to any deal now w/ SEA rather than in July would be to help them wins games now w/o hurting their future. Getting Garcia [who probably won't be signed by SEA] would take someone like Lee who could help now and in the coming years.

In a WA paper today, they talked about changes that should be coming very soon in SEA, to try and salvage the season. Garcia would be moved later. Here's the link:

http://www.tribnet.com/sports/baseball/mar...p-5012444c.html

They'd probably want Jose.

They might want PK, as Olerud is making $7.7 mill[PK for SP Gil Meche and Olerud]

They could take Lee and Ibanez could move to 1B.

The key to any deal now w/ SEA rather than in July would be to help them wins games now w/o hurting their future. Getting Garcia [who probably won't be signed by SEA] would take someone like Lee who could help now and in the coming years.

Olerud for PK straight up suits me just fine...Olerud is gone after the season with an expiring contract, we get a left handed bat for the rest of the way who doesnt try to hit HR's all the time...Sounds good to me.

Olerud for PK straight up suits me just fine...Olerud is gone after the season with an expiring contract, we get a left handed bat for the rest of the way who doesnt try to hit HR's all the time...Sounds good to me.

The article says that Seattle wants to get more "athletic". Somehow it doesn't seem likely that they would think that Konerko makes them more athletic. Unless athletic means big, slow, plodding, spit on your hands automatic double play.

Sea. has to get something else to make up for PK's 2005 contract. Olerud's $7.7 mill makes him unmoveable like PK though.

Sea. would likely only take PK as part of a larger deal, and might like guys like Rauch or OFer like Borchard [as the article stated 4th OFer McCracken [?} would likely be released] or even Rowand.

A deal like Valentin, PK, + Rauch for Garcia and Olerud.

The Sox would be free of contracts after this year but Sea. would be on the hook for $8.75 mill. With eating Aurilia's, and Jarvis' contracts, not something they'd likely do.

Seattle has be reluctent to make moves in teh past and it has hurt them. Their willingness to release Aurilla or Olerud and spend on their contracts mean they need something moreso then we do. Valentin/Lee and Konerko would somewhat fit their needs. There seems to be some identical needs here starting with Konerko/Valentin for Olerud/Meche or Lee/Valentin/Pitcher for Garcia/Aurillia....

Seattle has be reluctent to make moves in teh past and it has hurt them.  Their willingness to release Aurilla or Olerud and spend on their contracts mean they need something moreso then we do.  Valentin/Lee and Konerko would somewhat fit their needs.  There seems to be some identical needs here starting with Konerko/Valentin for Olerud/Meche or Lee/Valentin/Pitcher for Garcia/Aurillia....

True. But also in the past, they've been criticized for not making any moves. They have to make some moves to try and salvage the season or fans will sit out the rebuilding. Somehow, Sea. has to do this w/o taking on contracts.

Valentin fits this mold, a 1 yr rental. And could be moved by the trading deadline if Sea. still sucks. Lee fits with the younger athletic mold, as a possible successor to Edgar at DH.

But a deal like Valentin and PK for Meche and Olerud would probably be to Sea.'s liking. I'd like Garcia but Sea. probably isn't ready to part w/ him yet.

Any deal with Valentin and a minor leaguer is good.  As long it isnt a Reed or ne body like that

I'm still reluctant to part with Jose. Yet it might be the only way to get Uribe and Harris playing time at their best positions. If a guy like Garcia could be had, it might be worth the price. [Esp. if PK was going]

I tell you, I wouldn't mind a trade of C Lee and Valentin for Garcia and Winn. Thoughts?

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd rather try and package Konerko somehow, but if its Lee instead so be it.

I want to see Gload in the back of the lineup, I just don't think the Sox will bench Konerko.

I dont know why the M's would want to get rid of Arullia, then take on Jose. Doesnt make sense.

Aurilia has 0 HR's, is a liability on defense and is basically washed up. Getting a SS with power now could provide the M's w/ an RBI guy and a decent glove.

The M's have to show their fans that they won't go down without a fight. They could still trade Jose by the deadline and get something for him if they languish in last place. They know Jose is a stopgap measure. But better to rid themselves now of a bad contract [i think Aurilia signed for something like $3 mill].

Aurilia has 0 HR's, is a liability on defense and is basically washed up. Getting a SS with power now could provide the M's w/ an RBI guy and a decent glove.

Plus, Aurilia is a right handed batter. Why would you want to trade a left handed stick for a right handed stick when our lineup is already full of them? Wouldn't make sense to me.

BTW, that Lee/Valentin for Garcia/Winn trade I would not mind at all. ;)

Plus, Aurilia is a right handed batter. Why would you want to trade a left handed stick for a right handed stick when our lineup is already full of them? Wouldn't make sense to me.

BTW, that Lee/Valentin for Garcia/Winn trade I would not mind at all. ;)

The Sox wouldn't trade for Aurilia. He's horrible. The article said Aurilia would either be traded by the M's to someone or released. If Aurilia was let go that would leave a spot open for Jose. My guess is the M's will gauge any interest in Aurilia [Cubs maybe, I forgot about the Baker connection] and then decide to let him go or not.

That's where the Sox could step in.

I agree on getting Winn. He's the kind of guy who seems perfect for Ozzie ball, with his line drives, speed, situational hitting [has a lot of SF + SH over the years], could hit leadoff or #2, and versatility on defense. His name has come up in trade talks since early last year. I think he's struggling in CF in Safeco, filling in for Cameron. If Reed could play CF and Winn play LF, so much the better.