Who is your biggest Sox prospect bust?

Chris B

Guest hotsoxchick1

ouch poor scott ....lol.......how about mckay christensen????, i had high hopes for that boy....... i would add to that list.. kip wells, mike cameron, and chad bradford only because they are no longer ours and did better where they went than they did for us.........well all but kipster lol .....i only put him in there to piss off baggs anyhow......lol.lol.lol.lol. :D

ouch poot scott ....lol.......how about mckay christensen????, i had high hopes for that boy....... i would add to that list.. kip wells, mike cameron, and chad bradford only because they are no longer ours and did better where they went than they did for us.........well all but kipster lol .....i only put him in there to piss off baggs anyhow......lol.lol.lol.lol. :D

geezz..your in a good mood today :lol:

JD definitely has to be on that list. Although he could get himself off it if he decides to pitch full-time.

If only that guy could hit......

For those of you who never saw him play SS or only saw him in his brief callup, you missed a beautiful thing. That guy was the real deal and more. He made plays that made you shake your head and wonder how the hell he did it.

What might have been......

So he was a Rey Ordonez type player?  Great D, no O....am I understanding correctly?

Yes, I guess Rey Ordonez is fair.... JD was different though. He was tall and lanky. Doesn't look quick at all. Doesn't look very athletic. Doesn't show the "gun" unless it is needed, so you don't really see it too often.

But he has unbelievable range. He gets to balls you wonder how the hell he gets there. He can throw someone out from anywhere. I have seen him throw fast guys out by 3 steps from 10 feet in the OF grass in the hole between 3B and SS.

He is a guy that if you see one game here or one game there, you don't see what he can do. You wouldn't be overly impressed. How good he is, is really hard to describe. But ask any player or coach or scout that has seen him play and they will rave about his D and shake their head about his hitting. He tries to jack everything and pulls off the ball. Refuses to go the other way. Never walks, strikes out at an ungodly rate. But as bad as he hits, when he came to play SS for the Barons last year, that is about when they really started to hit their stride.

Just to give you an idea about Dellaero.... I am not sure if I can truly describe this play, but I'll give it a shot.

He made this play in an afternoon game a few years ago. I believe Ginter was on the hill.

There was a runner on 2B with 2 outs and there was a soft liner hit up the middle. The runner on 2B takes off with 2 outs. The ball hits right around second base and is headed into CF. Somehow JD runs the ball down about 8 feet deep into the OF grass right behind the 2B bag. When he stabs it, the ball is basically past him. He reaches out as far as he can just to snag the ball, does a full 360 (ok, probably only a 270) and "flips" the ball sidearm toward home, while falling down into the outfield grass. His sidearm flip is a freakin seed and it hits the catcher right in the hands, chest high to nail the runner coming from second by 3 full steps. He didn't even slide. I don't recall who the runner was, but he wasn't slow. It was one of the best plays I have ever seen, because of both his ability to get to a ball he never should have had a chance to get, and because of the sidearm throw while falling away that was an absolute strike!

If Mr. Bullard visits this thread, maybe he can offer his thoughts. I am not sure how much he has played with Jason, but I know there was at least a brief time last year.

Just to give you an idea about Dellaero....  I am not sure if I can truly describe this play, but I'll give it a shot.

He made this play in an afternoon game a few years ago.  I believe Ginter was on the hill.

There was a runner on 2B with 2 outs and there was a soft liner hit up the middle.  The runner on 2B takes off with 2 outs.  The ball hits right around second base and is headed into CF.  Somehow JD runs the ball down about 8 feet deep into the OF grass right behind the 2B bag.  When he stabs it, the ball is basically past him.  He reaches out as far as he can just to snag the ball, does a full 360 (ok, probably only a 270) and "flips" the ball sidearm toward home, while falling down into the outfield grass.  His sidearm flip is a freakin seed and it hits the catcher right in the hands, chest high to nail the runner coming from second by 3 full steps.  He didn't even slide.  I don't recall who the runner was, but he wasn't slow.  It was one of the best plays I have ever seen, because of both his ability to get to a ball he never should have had a chance to get, and because of the sidearm throw while falling away that was an absolute strike!

If Mr. Bullard visits this thread, maybe he can offer his thoughts.  I am not sure how much he has played with Jason, but I know there was at least a brief time last year.

after watching clayton the first month he was here..i was scratching my head going why the hell didnt we just go with delaero if we wanted a no hit - great glove SS???

jason hit a little better last year , right??...maybe he will finally get it this year..what nus if he hit like 290 at charlotte this year..with jose leaving next year he's got one more shot to get his chance...

Assuming that is Jose leaves, of course.....getting him between $2-5 mill is pretty cheap for a guy with his talent. But man, that would be cool to see Dellaero play.

I hope he can hit like .275 this year....that translates into about a .240-.250 major league average....and then you get incredible range and an incredible arm....it'd be almost like having Ozzie Guillen.

If he could hit like .290....that'd be like a gift from heaven.

I'm telling you right now that unless he overhauls everything, he won't hit over .240 in the Minors, AT BEST!

I honestly think the Sox will try to make him pitch this year. If not, he could be a candidate to be released. With Nunez at SS in AAA and Hummel, Miles at 2B, there isn't much of a place for him.

Just to give you an idea about Dellaero....  I am not sure if I can truly describe this play, but I'll give it a shot.

He made this play in an afternoon game a few years ago.  I believe Ginter was on the hill.

There was a runner on 2B with 2 outs and there was a soft liner hit up the middle.  The runner on 2B takes off with 2 outs.  The ball hits right around second base and is headed into CF.  Somehow JD runs the ball down about 8 feet deep into the OF grass right behind the 2B bag.  When he stabs it, the ball is basically past him.  He reaches out as far as he can just to snag the ball, does a full 360 (ok, probably only a 270) and "flips" the ball sidearm toward home, while falling down into the outfield grass.  His sidearm flip is a freakin seed and it hits the catcher right in the hands, chest high to nail the runner coming from second by 3 full steps.  He didn't even slide.  I don't recall who the runner was, but he wasn't slow.  It was one of the best plays I have ever seen, because of both his ability to get to a ball he never should have had a chance to get, and because of the sidearm throw while falling away that was an absolute strike!

If Mr. Bullard visits this thread, maybe he can offer his thoughts.  I am not sure how much he has played with Jason, but I know there was at least a brief time last year.

after watching clayton the first month he was here..i was scratching my head going why the hell didnt we just go with delaero if we wanted a no hit - great glove SS???

jason hit a little better last year , right??...maybe he will finally get it this year..what nus if he hit like 290 at charlotte this year..with jose leaving next year he's got one more shot to get his chance...

Maybe we aught to say screw pitching with him and just hope that one day he can hit. Heck with that kind of defensive ability, lets hire 2 personal hitting coaches for him.

Man that sounds like the most unbelievable player ever.