The latest on Frank

Guest JimH

I heard on ESPN 1000, Silverman's show this afternoon, that Frank has stated today he won't be talking to the media any more. I don't know if he means permanently, or what.

Seems ESPN's SportsCenter played the quote of Frank saying he "got screwed" on his contract ... ESPN stated Frank's stats last year ... and suggested maybe it was the White Sox who got screwed.

I knew this would happen. One of the quotes would become fodder for the reporters, they'd make a sarcastic joke or something out of it, and Frank would get bent out of shape.

Frank has been down this path with the media before ... he should've known better than to say alot of the stuff he said. Like one of the posters here said, he should've just said, "I'm gonna rip the cover off the ball this year", and walked away. The worst part is, he criticized Konerko for calling him out last year, saying it's easy for guys to pop off about other guys in the papers, but the right way to do it is handling it internally. Memo to Frank: By calling out Konerko in your press conference, didn't you do the same thing you criticized him about?

The media will never change, they'll do whatever they need to do to get ratings, sell papers, whatever.

Frank will never change ... he wants to win, but his own legacy is more important to him. He's got this notion in his head he should be given preferential treatment because of his numbers, well, ok, maybe he should have a little longer leash in terms of working out of a slump or something like that. But he was mediocre in '99, '02, and in '01 he was mediocre before he got hurt. He's had one good season out of the last four ... perhaps it oughta enter his mind, "Gee, maybe some of this is MY fault".

Somehow, I doubt that will ever happen. As a season ticket holder, all I hope is he gets so pissed off that he hits .320, 40 HR, 125 RBI. All this other stuff is peripheral BS. My fear is Frank lets the peripheral BS get in the way of his performance.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wish he kept his mouth shut in the first place.....frank gets the award this week... hey frank .. JUST SHUT THE HELL UP !!!!!!!!!!!............ahh i feel better now......... :)

The media gets on Frank because he brings it on himself. He says stupid things that show he is an arrogant, selfish individual.

The deal on Sportscenter was they broke down how much money he made over the last two years per hit, HR, game played, etc.

The showed a chart on the screen and then cited that Frank made more than $619,000 per HR over the last 2 years. Then they said maybe Frank ought to relearn the definition of "screwed".

Him saying I got screwed was one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard come out any athlete's mouth.

Guest hotsoxchick1
And the comment about having kids to feed and a lifestyle to support??? 

Tell him to stay out of every Strip Club in America and he might actually have some money.

ouch .. zing.... i guess you got a point there..................but if he stayed out then he wouldnt be able to find the new mrs. thomas.........

Guest hotsoxchick1

well if he kept his big mouth shut in the first place then people wouldnt have to make comments like these..........he started it....lol..........

And the comment about having kids to feed and a lifestyle to support???  

Tell him to stay out of every Strip Club in America and he might actually have some money.

while frank gives the media ammunition against him..they run with it for all they can get...when sammy sosa ,who is by far a much less diserable person then frank , does the same stupid things , the chicago covers it up or puts a positive samme spin on it...thats where the unfairness lies..thats what bugs the s*** out of most sox fans

did frank ever beat his wife with a rum bottle??

did frank ever say another teammate, a guy that had more in hits in the decade of the 90's , was totally worthless???

did frank ever set up phoney charities, take the money from that charity, then use it to put up his family in hi-rise expensive apartments??

did frank ever take money from said charities to hire a captian to bring his yatch from the dominican to the states???...

did frank ever use money from a chairty to buy his yatch in the first place...causing a government investigation where frank had to pay back 4 million dollars to the charity???

did frank ever tell reporters , welcome to my clubhouse??

does frank year after year report to spring training late because he is tooling around the carribbean in his yatch???

frank ever leave 10k in a towel at a hotel then when a reporter found out about it claim oh i lost it????

did frank ever act as bad as smamme did and does concerning his contrat..has frank ever demamnding that the sox trade him immediately???

did frank ever tell a 5 year old boy who told him he might be the greatest player ever someday , "hey , i thought i already was"

can you imaigine if frank did all these things what the chicago press would do to him???..yet sosa gets it all covered up or gets a positive spin put on it

The latest article on Frank today on the White Sox's main website says that he and Paulie buried the hatchet today. I think this is very positive for our team. I like Frank but its better for him not to say anything bcoz he always come up on the wrong end.

I also listen to KW earlier today in talkin baseball on the ESPN radio 1000. KW was not a happy camper bcoz the first day of the spring training wasnt all that positive bcoz of what Hurt said on Saturday.

So it is good to read a positive article on Frank that he is willing to talk to Jerry Manuel and he burried the hatchet with Paulie.

Great points Baggs.

I never thought about the Sammy kid gloves treatment.

Did Sammy really do all those things you said?

I didn't know Sam had all those problems.

I don't follow Chi. sports close enough since I've moved away, but has Sammy done all that stuff?

Hey Baggs I respect your opinion.

Tell me. how will our Chisox do this year?

We have tons of question marks. Give me a position by position rundown.