NBA Finals Thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tayshaun is a rare breed. Guys who are that tall should not be able to guard Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan types. They rarely ever have the type of foot speed that is necessary to keep up with the all-time greats. That's why I figured that Lindsey Hunter would get to guard Kobe for at least 20 to 25 minutes, but that didn't happen. And if anyone watched Lindsey closely in Game 1, the guy is a ball hawk. A defensive madman.

I love the Pistons.

Overall, yes the Celtics have been a dumb organization in the 90's but with the turn of the century, we've seen better drafting, smarter signings, and good all around moves that show this team is going in the right direction. Drafting Paul Pierce, acquiring Raef Lafrentz and Jiri Welsch for Antoine Walker, while completely stealing Ricky Davis and Chris Mihm from the Cavs.  The good definitly outweighs the bad, and its clear your a basketball guy, and you know your stuff, but to say that the Celtics are a dumb organization as a whole is off based.

Hahahaha, good god. Do not go on pretending like you are an expert on the Cetlics because, really, you are pissing me off with your poserness.

How the f*** can you say that trading Antoine was a good move? LaFrentz played like 12 games and broke down. He's a stiff. Welsch is alright but he's not nearly as good as Antoine (he was an all-star, remember?).

And yeah we really "stole" Chris Mihm and Ricky Davis from the Cavs. All we had to give up was the freaking backbone of the team and the only low-post presence we had at the time (Blount came into his own later on, but that's beside the point, he is leaving anyway). Battie and Williams were what held the team together. Did you not notice how after they were traded, O'Brien (the best coach they've had in a long, long time) quit, and the team proceeded to lose like 12 games in a row. Mihm plays hard but he plays dumb. He always has to sit entire quarters at a time because of foul trouble, and it's hard to be effective from the bench. Davis is average, he just looked like something this year because everyone else was so terrible.

Pierce may very well be on his way out, and I don't blame him for wanting out. You take Antoine, E, and Batman off of that team and all of a sudden Pierce has to do everything, which is why he played so poorly. They made him wear too many hats last year and his game, and the team, suffered.

I have to disagree with that comment. Hamilton has become a star in the league and is one of the top 2 guards in the NBA. Sure Kobe is the best, but Rip has moved into the top 5 also.

I hope you mean he's one of the top 5, not top 2. And I would even disagree with the top 5 commendation. Don't you have to be able to create your own shot in order to be a top 5 guard? Don't you have to play some defense? Anyone?

Rip plays nice defense, and he creates his own shots all the time by running people off of picks like Reggie Miller does/did.

As for the 2 guard, my comment means shooting guard. In the NBA 1 is the point, 2 the SG, 3 SF and so on. So 2 guard is shooting guard.

Here is my list of the top 5 2 guards in the NBA.

1. Kobe

2. Pierce

3. Rip Hamilton

4. Vince Carter

5. Michael Redd

Rip plays nice defense, and he creates his own shots all the time by running people off of picks like Reggie Miller does/did.

As for the 2 guard, my comment means shooting guard. In the NBA 1 is the point, 2 the SG, 3 SF and so on. So 2 guard is shooting guard.

Here is my list of the top 5 2 guards in the NBA.

1. Kobe

2. Pierce

3. Rip Hamilton

4. Vince Carter

5. Michael Redd

Hamilton, Vince Carter and Michael Redd over McGrady and Iverson??

Tayshaun is a rare breed.  Guys who are that tall should not be able to guard Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan types.  They rarely ever have the type of foot speed that is necessary to keep up with the all-time greats.  That's why I figured that Lindsey Hunter would get to guard Kobe for at least 20 to 25 minutes, but that didn't happen.  And if anyone watched Lindsey closely in Game 1, the guy is a ball hawk.  A defensive madman.

I love the Pistons.

Actually I kind of knew that Prince was going to cause Kobe problems seeing as how he did the same thing to McGrady in games 6 and 7 last year in the first round.

I consider McGrady a SF, and Iverson a PG somewhat, he could be considered a 2G so I will revise it.

1. Kobe

2. Pierce

3. Iverson

4. Rip Hamilton

5. Vince Carter

McGrady is a shooting guard, through and through.

I don't think that I'd even put Rip in the Top 10, actually.

Ray Allen is so much better than Rip that it's not even funny! So much better...

Running off picks is creating your own shot due to never tiring out. There are always gonna be 9 other people on the floor and he uses them to his advantage, and yes I know you mean create his own shot by dribbling. He can do that if neccessary, but he doesn't need to. I disagree that McGrady is a 2G, I think he's a SF. I also don't think Ray Allen is a top 5 SG, he's about 6 or 7 for me, just doesn't score enough to be that high for me.

We just have differing opinions, who knows who's right. Nothing is going to be settled because its just opinions.

Actually I kind of knew that Prince was going to cause Kobe problems seeing as how he did the same thing to McGrady in games 6 and 7 last year in the first round.

Yeah, but Tayshaun is 6'9. Kobe is 6'6. You would think that he wouldn't be able to get low enough on the ball. The smaller the guard, the better (in a traditional sense). That's why I brought up Jordan vs. KJ, Gary Payton, John Starks, Dumars, etc. Lindsey Hunter brings similar on the ball defense to the table.

But Tayshaun is a rare breed.

I disagree that McGrady is a 2G, I think he's a SF. I also don't think Ray Allen is a top 5 SG, he's about 6 or 7 for me, just doesn't score enough to be that high for me.

No, seriously, McGrady is a shooting guard. That's where he starts every game.

And Ray Allen is perhaps the best shooter in the NBA>>>>common knowlege.

I didn't realize how much Ray scored this year also, just looked at his stats. He would be an arguable top 5 SG also. If you want to add TMac in there, here's a new list

1. Kobe

2. TMac

3. Pierce

4. Iverson

5. Rip

6. Carter

7. Ray Allen

8. Micheal Redd

After 1-2, or perhaps 1-2-3-4 its all arguable.

I didn't realize how much Ray scored this year also, just looked at his stats. He would be an arguable top 5 SG also. If you want to add TMac in there, here's a new list

1. Kobe

2. TMac

3. Pierce

4. Iverson

5. Rip

6. Carter

7. Ray Allen

8. Micheal Redd

After 1-2, or perhaps 1-2-3-4 its all arguable.

You shouldn't have to look at what Ray Allen did this year. He has been around since 1996. He's clearly one of the elite shooting guards in this league. There's no way that he's not in the Top 5.

Rip is a very good player, don't get me wrong. But Ray will be remembered long after he's gone. Rip will be a side note.

That was actually a compliment for Ray about the scoring, over 23 a game this year. We just have differring opinions about players. I think Micheal Finley is now overrated, he used to be under-rated. I can't possibly add Allan Houston to a top 10 list, all he does is shoot. I think you are gonna be suprised how good Rip will become, he will have a big game against Kobe that will suprise people.

As for Lebron James, lol, if we are gonna keep adding players that COULD play SG we have to add Dwyane Wade to the top 10 for the future also.

How the f*** can you say that trading Antoine was a good move? LaFrentz played like 12 games and broke down.  He's a stiff.  Welsch is alright but he's not nearly as good as  Antoine (he was an all-star, remember?).

The Celtics were a bad playoff team with Antoine, and still a bad playoff team without Antoine. He is one of the most overrated players in the game, and it truly shows now that Dallas is desperately trying to dump him, and not even the Bobcats will take him via the expansion draft. Antoine Walker sucks, his max contract makes him even worse, and when your able to acquire a tall, great passing, great shooting player making Erick Dampier type money in Raef along with Jiri Welsch who alone has more talent than Walker, on top of a first round draft pick. Its not only a good trade, its an excellent deal. Props to Danny.

And yeah we really "stole" Chris Mihm and Ricky Davis from the Cavs.  All we had to give up was the freaking backbone of the team and the only low-post presence we had at the time (Blount came into his own later on, but that's beside the point, he is leaving anyway).  Battie and Williams were what held the team together.  Did you not notice how after they were traded, O'Brien (the best coach they've had in a long, long time) quit, and the team proceeded to lose like 12 games in a row.  Mihm plays hard but he plays dumb.  He always has to sit entire quarters at a time because of foul trouble, and it's hard to be effective from the bench.  Davis is average, he just looked like something this year because everyone else was so terrible.

backbone of the team? an always injured expensive, talentless Battie and a free agent to be who only took up maturing time for the Jiri Welsch's and Brandon Hunters of the Celts for a future all-star in Ricky Davis and a young cheap center in Mihm. So yes, I'll say it again, the Celtics stole Ricky Davis from the Cavs. Another funny thing is when you say O'Brien is "the best coach they've had in a long, long time." It really shows that you know nothing about the game of basketball. Jim O'Brien was one of the worst possible things that happened to this Celtics team this season because like we all knew, they weren't going anywhere. You can't continue to play old bad players preventing your youth from maturing, it just shouldnt be allowed, and Danny didnt stand for it. Mihm sucks, he's probably gone anyways, so your scouting report of him is meaningless. As for Davis being average because everyone else was terrible.. I dont really understand what your talking about.. who was terrible, how was everyone else terrible? Ricky Davis was average because he shot too much when he made consecutive baskets. In games where he spread the ball around, shot only when open, and played smart, he was an excellent player, and in my mind with the way Paul played last year for good reason, he was better than Pierce.. He's just got to learn, and thats what hes doing this offseason with all the camps and time hes putting into his game.

Pierce may very well be on his way out, and I don't blame him for wanting out.  You take Antoine, E, and Batman off of that team and all of a sudden Pierce has to do everything, which is why he played so poorly.  They made him wear too many hats last year and his game, and the team, suffered.

Shut up, Pierce isn't going anywhere. He's got his coach he wanted, the Celtics have zero bad contracts with Baker no longer being on the team, and they are a year or two away from being a good team.

Hahahaha, good god.  Do not go on pretending like you are an expert on the Cetlics because, really, you are pissing me off with your poserness.

You know, you remind me of Dr. Jack.. old, useless and knows completely nothing about what hes talking about, go back to ESPN.com or whatever useless crap you read, because frankly you know nothing.. I am still in shock about the O'brien comment, wow yer a f***in joke.