*Official Draft Thread*

Palehosefan

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope we get Vargas.

When I say stud potential, I mean it. The guy has totally turned things around and is really a pretty damn good pitcher. His secondary pitches are really coming around and his velocity has only been going up.

Thanks DBAH0. Is he a hard tosser or more of control type pitcher?

From mlb.com COMMENT: LARGE FRAME. EXCELLENT BODY. PHYSICAL SPECIMEN. BROAD SLOPED SHOULDERS. STRONG, MUSCULAR, DURABLE, PROPORTIONED, ATHLETIC BUILD. QUICK FULL WINDUP, 3/4 DELIVERY. LOOSE, EASY ARM. HIDES BALL WELL. SNEAKY QUICK FB W/ DECEPTION, MOST 89-91, ARMSIDE TAIL, OCCAISIONAL CUTS. BALL GETS ON HITTER QUICK. NOT AFRAID TO PITCH INSIDE. CIRCLE CHANGE W/ SINK, DECEPTION. 3/4 SLURVE W/ SIGNS TIGHT ROTATION, DEPTH. PITCHABILITY. SHOWS POTENTIAL 3 ML PITCHES W/ PLUS COMMAND & DECEPTION. EXCELLENT MAKE-UP.

Here ya go, Zach Jackson from BA

In his first start for the Aggies after transferring from Louisville, Jackson spun a seven-inning no-hitter against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. He was even better later, taking a perfect game into the ninth inning at Nebraska and striking out 13 in a shutout of Kansas State, but slumped in his final two outings before regional play. Teams that covet performance won't be able to ignore his numbers from the Cape Cod League last summer (6-0, 1.88) or with Texas A&M this spring (10-5, 3.55, 110-24 strikeout-walk ratio in 104 innings. Jackson commands three solid pitches: an 88-93 mph fastball that holds its velocity for nine innings, a slider that's a big improvement over his old curveball and a circle changeup. He's durable and athletic at 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds, and the fact that he's lefthanded enhances the total package even more. Jackson's recent efforts have pushed him from the supplemental first-round to the middle of the first round.

When I say stud potential, I mean it.  The guy has totally turned things around and is really a pretty damn good pitcher.  His secondary pitches are really coming around and his velocity has only been going up.

Maybe I heard wrong, but somewhere I heard that he is potentially a reliever? Is that untrue?

Jackson and Vargas.

Jackson and Howell.

Vargas and Howell.

Who cares, 2 of those 3 lefties would be an outsanding supplemental draft.

SB

I think Howell may just fall to the third round, but I'd also like to take this kid. I really wanted him in the second round coming into the draft and still do. Good numbers in the Big 12.

Sandwich round begins!

Royals take JP Howell (DAMNIT)!

I've never heard a draft take nearly this long. Normally its rapid fire, a short break and then more rapid fire. I guess they are trying to make it more fan friendly.

More media friendly too. I was able to get up the piece before the supplemental round started. Too bad I got to leave pretty soon, STUPID SUMMER SCHOOL.