Chris Young

Cerbaho-WG

I know I've said this before, but Chris Young's stats are eerily similar to those of a Mike Cameron: mid-low BA, plus power, can run like hell, strikes out a lot, walks a lot.

.244 BA 12 2B 11 HR 26 BB 67 SO 17 SB

.350 OBP .488 SLG

I've also noticed that he is streaky as hell. He can go through an 0-fer slump with 2+ strikeouts every game and then hit a streak where he just destroys the ball while drawing a ton of walks.

What do ya think?

I'd have to agree with your assessment. If he can play gold glove defense like Cameron then I can't wait until he gets up here. Although, I think he should be batting around .280 - .290 in A-ball if he's gonna hit .250 in the majors.

I know I've said this before, but Chris Young's stats are eerily similar to those of a Mike Cameron: mid-low BA, plus power, can run like hell, strikes out a lot, walks a lot.

.350 OBP .488 SLG

I've also noticed that he is streaky as hell. He can go through an 0-fer slump with 2+ strikeouts every game and then hit a streak where he just destroys the ball while drawing a ton of walks.

What do ya think?

just out of curiousity, how old is he?

I enjoy looking at Reggie Abercrombie's numbers (LA orginization). Puts up offensive numbers similar to Cameron in terms of average, power, and speed, but given 500-600 at-bats, he could strike out 250-300 times

I'm a huge fan of Chris Young. The kid has a ton of power potential and can go get them in the outfield. He's pretty damn talented and has been showing signs of figuring things out. I think once this kid gets things together he has the chance to be Vernon Wells (last years Vernon Wells).

.350 OBP .488 SLG

What do ya think?

Let's wait until he at least puts those numbers in AA before we annoint him the next Cameron.

Can he throw like Mike can?

He's a 5 tool talent, although still raw. He has tremendous speed, great power, and a good arm. Also has the potential to turn into an average hitter, but still needs to do a better job recognizing pitches and shortening his swing.

Like I said, he's raw, but very talented.

How come he wasn't a 1st round pick if he is this talented?

Cause scouting is damn near impossible and if you don't play for a bigger school or get a lot of publicity sometimes you slip through the cracks. Happens all the time. If scouting was such a science, every team would be loaded with all stars.

Young also had a broken leg, and I think it kept him out part of his final season (not positve on that).