Something I Noticed

SoxFan1

Since Maggs has been out, Frank has been on a tear. He is now over .300, 17 HR's, and at 43 RBI's. Now I know it was Frank's ideas to bat cleanup instead of 3rd but since Maggs has been batting 3rd, he's hot again. The real question...when Maggs comes back, does Frank stay 3rd or goes back to clean-up? I say stick with whats working and leave Frank 3rd, Maggs 4th, Lee 5th, Manos 6th, and Paulie 7th.

Since Maggs has been out, Frank has been on a tear. He is now over .300, 17 HR's, and at 43 RBI's. Now I know it was Frank's ideas to bat cleanup instead of 3rd but since Maggs has been batting 3rd, he's hot again. The real question...when Maggs comes back, does Frank stay 3rd or goes back to clean-up? I say stick with whats working and leave Frank 3rd, Maggs 4th, Lee 5th, Manos 6th, and Paulie 7th.

That's interesting. But Frank has been great all year. I don't think it matters that much. As far as Frank stepping up without, Maggs? That's what great players do. Frank has put the team on his back and carried them the last couple weeks. Vintage 93/94/2000.

My observation is that the whole reason for having Maggs bat 3rd and Frank bat cleanup is the fact that once Maggs gets on base, he's obviously much faster on the basepaths than Frank is, therefore that's why Ozzie did it that way. Watching Frank gallop around the bases when he has to haul ass is kinda funny. Frank is a mountain of a dude - he looks more like an NFL d-lineman than a baseball player.

I'd stay with Maggs batting 3rd and Frank at cleanup. But, whatever works and brings more White Sox wins will work for us!