Least favorite movies

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to go even more old school than that there was a movie that came out back in '81 I think called "Student Bodies". It was a horror movie spoof that was so bad it was funny. There was this killer who had a breathing problem or something cause he was always huffing and puffing and he stalked students & killed them with such common murder weapons as a paper clip, a trash bag and an eggplant.

Rediculous!

:lol:

Private Resort (1985) with Johnny Depp, Rob Morrow and Hector Elizondo

I think I saw that one when I was a little kid. It has Andrew Dice Clay in it, yeah?

There was a time when I thought that Johnny Depp was the worst. Whether it was this one that you're talking about, the one with Ricki Lake and that one whore Traci Lords ("Cry Baby" or some such), "Edward Scissorhands", "Nightmare On Elm Street", the one where Leonardo Dicaprio plays a retard, the Tom Petty video, etc, etc, etc.

But then I saw "Donnie Brasco" and "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas", and he quickly became one of my favorite actors. There was another one with Christopher Walken where his kid got kidnapped. I enjoyed that one as well.

I think I saw that one when I was a little kid.  It has Andrew Dice Clay in it, yeah?

There was a time when I thought that Johnny Depp was the worst.  Whether it was this one that you're talking about, the one with Ricki Lake and that one whore Traci Lords ("Cry Baby" or some such), "Edward Scissorhands", "Nightmare On Elm Street", the one where Leonardo Dicaprio plays a retard, the Tom Petty video, etc, etc, etc.

But then I saw "Donnie Brasco" and "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas", and he quickly became one of my favorite actors.  There was another one with Christopher Walken where his kid got kidnapped.  I enjoyed that one as well.

I thought he was great in Crybaby, but I'm a bigger John Waters fan than a lot of people. I thought he was also very good in What's Eating Gilbert Grape (the Leo retard film you alluded to), Benny and Joon (convinced me he would have been a better Chaplan than Robert Downy Jr.), all of the Tim Burton things he's been in (Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow) even if the films themselves falter here and there, Fear and Loathing..., he did passably well in Pirates of the Caribbean...

I really wanted to dislike him when he started doing film – he was the annoying pretty boy from @%&*%$! 21 Jump Street for crying out loud. But it turns out he's actually pretty good.

Battlefield Earth is far and away THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. This is quite possibly the only movie I openly yelled at in the theaters. And yes, it is sad I saw this flick in the theaters. :puke

:fyou Travolta and your Scientist propaganda. I want my money back.

What did you think of "Donnie Brasco"?  It's one of those movies that I can watch over and over and over again.  I find myself doing that a lot these days, what with the lack of good movies coming out.

I liked it, liked Depp and Pacino, but I guess I expected more from the movie. Also, a friend of mine had a bit part in it (a line and everything), but her scene got left on the cutting room floor, so I hold a grudge on her behalf. :lol:

You must of had some morbid curiousity towards this movie to see it.  I did not know of the specifics of the plot when I rented it; merely heard it was a cult classic. Very disturbing nevertheless.

Not necessarily. When that film came out it made several lists as THE WORST film of all time, so even if you didn't know anything about the film, you could recall ot from one of those lists.

I never saw it or Michael Camino's 'Heaven's Gate,' specifically because they were billed as among the worst films ever. I should have listened to what people were similarly saying about Ishtarr, because that's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. :angry:

You must have a level of morbid curiousity to consider viewing this film.  I wasn't aware to the specifics of the plot when I rented it; merely heard of its cult status. Very disturbing nevertheless.

No, for morbid curiosity I turn to In the Realm of the Senses.

Have you seen Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom?

In Pirates Of The Caribbean I thought Depp was great, but have since decided that it is Geoffery Rush that keeps me going back. His Barbosa might be a standard Pirate in many ways, but he is still so damn good in that role!

For nasty films, I have happily avoided Salo and Men Behind The Sun, but I do own Cannibal Holocaust, but refuse to ever watch it again.

I think I saw that one when I was a little kid.  It has Andrew Dice Clay in it, yeah?

There was another one with Christopher Walken where his kid got kidnapped.  I enjoyed that one as well.

Yeah, Dice was in it. He had a small bit role in it as a bouncer.

The Depp movie with Walken was "Nick of Time" and it was filmed in real time.

Another Depp movie I recommend is "Blow". Excellent film.

You want to go even more old school than that there was a movie that came out back in '81 I think called "Student Bodies".  It was a horror movie spoof that was so bad it was funny.  There was this killer who had a breathing problem or something cause he was always huffing and puffing and he stalked students & killed them with such common murder weapons as a paper clip, a trash bag and an eggplant. 

Rediculous!

:lol:

I forgot that movie... UGH!

I rented it and almost walked out of my own living room before I remembered I could hit the stop button on the VCR. :lol:

I must need to watch more movies.

Anyways, I thought Major League 3, back to the minors was pretty awful. I mean, you don't trade a whole team and the announcer to another team, and then that other team sends them down to the minors. Not working for me, sorry.

Oh yeah, Club Dread did suck ass. Worst $7.50 I have ever spent in my life. I think it was supposed to be a comedy and a horror flick at the same time, and those two usually don't work well together.