Boston 'too racist' for Bonds

He should get roasted like Jon Rocker was. He won't.

So much for playing the race card Barry.

"Roger Clemens doesn't have to go on road trips. I can't do that cuz I'm black"

"Boston is too racist"

Barry is steroid-abusing cry baby, who doesn't play fair, but wants others to cow-tow to him -- NOT ME :fyou Barry

He should get roasted like Jon Rocker was.  He won't.

So much for playing the race card Barry. 

"Roger Clemens doesn't have to go on road trips. I can't do that cuz I'm black"

"Boston is too racist"

Barry is steroid-abusing cry baby, who doesn't play fair, but wants others to cow-tow to him -- NOT ME :fyou Barry

Woo-Hoo, Barry Bonds will not be playing in Beantown. My day has been made.

Boston as a town is known for some bad race relations. You will not find a single black male in the city limits, they are all tucked away segregaion-like in Roxbury.

However Red Sox fans treated Ellis Burks very well and love thier star players (except Manny, and more recently Nomar and Pedro).

FWIW.. Boston IS a very racist town.

Also.. interesting comments from some of you..  :ph34r:

Steff the point is that he doesn't need to spew crap like this. He is a ball player not a politician. Another fact remains that he, too, is most obviously a racist. Before anyone jumps down my throat, think of some of the things that he has said this year alone.

Steff the point is that he doesn't need to spew crap like this.  He is a ball player not a politician.  Another fact remains that he, too, is most obviously a racist.  Before anyone jumps down my throat, think of some of the things that he has said this year alone.

Last time I checked freedom of speech and having opinions applies to ball players, too...

And I'll add that I think some of the responses are tit for tat. Hoot & holler for what he said.. then wish bad things on him. An eye for an eye I guess.. :unsure:

Last time I checked freedom of speech and having opinions applies to ball players, too...

And I'll add that I think some of the responses are tit for tat. Hoot & holler for what he said.. then wish bad things on him. An eye for an eye I guess..  :unsure:

With freedom if speech comes responsibility. That responsibility changes based on your position in the community. Bonds needs to weigh his comments based on the stage they are broadcast from.

With freedom if speech comes responsibility. That responsibility changes based on your position in the community. Bonds needs to weigh his comments based on the stage they are broadcast from.

Why should Bonds care how he is seen in the community..? As a matter of fact.. it's obvious over the years that he doesn't.

Responsibility...? C'mon.. he didn't yell "fire" in a theater.. he said he's heard Boston is a racist town. I've been there. He's right. It is.

Why should Bonds care how he is seen in the community..? As a matter of fact.. it's obvious over the years that he doesn't.

Responsibility...? C'mon.. he didn't yell "fire" in a theater.. he said he's heard Boston is a racist town. I've been there. He's right. It is.

And what did he expect to gain out of saying that? :huh:

And he wonders why most people can't stand him. Now, that doesn't mean people don't respect his ball-playing abilities, but as a person and a teammate, I've heard very few good things about him.

And what did he expect to gain out of saying that? :huh: 

And he wonders why most people can't stand him.  Now, that doesn't mean people don't respect his ball-playing abilities, but as a person and a teammate, I've heard very few good things about him.

Maybe nothing? I have no idea. But to burn him at the stake - again..? Had someone endearing said this there would be no issue.

And I don't think he cares what most "fans" think of him. He's very well liked and respected by his peers and family. And in the end that's all that really matters.

And I don't think he cares what most "fans" think of him. He's very well liked and respected by his peers and family. And in the end that's all that really matters.

I am sure his family adores him.

As for teammates, Ed Farmer and Jeff Kent would disagree with you. In all seriousness, it surprises me how much Ed Farmer despises him.

I am sure his family adores him. 

As for teammates, Ed Farmer and Jeff Kent would disagree with you.  In all seriousness, it surprises me how much Ed Farmer despises him.

2 (or even 20) out of.... ??? The guy is 40 years old and has played for 20 years. 20 doesn't seem like too high of a number (if it's that high at all).

I'm fairly confident some of my co-workers over the years haven't liked me either. So be it.

I would love to see the comments if Tiger Woods, or MJ, or any other "good" black athlete would have said this... :rolleyes:

I would love to see the comments if Tiger Woods, or MJ, or any other "good" black athlete would have said this...  :rolleyes:

From my own perspective, I would still think it is bulls*** (not as in factual bulls***, but bulls*** as in unnecessary).

Do you ever find fault with ballplayers' actions? :huh:

From my own perspective, I would still think it is bulls*** (not as in factual bulls***, but bulls*** as in unnecessary).

Do you ever find fault with ballplayers' actions?  :huh:

Sure..

When they beat their wives, get caught driving drunk, rape people, assult people, etc, etc..

When they speak words... :huh naa.