Kenny Williams on ESPN 1000

IlliniKrush

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What would we have drawn in 94 had there been no strike?

Yeah, they're definitely on pace to break 2 million.  With some luck, maybe 2.25

We were drawing less than in 93 -- Though it probably would have picked up down the stretch, as the playoff drive kicked in. The Looming strike didn't help any either.

I would say 2.25 is my estimate for this season too. Though performance, trades, and injuries will all effect the attendace.

That's the true one.

The yanks had left Contreras for dead.  When they were actively shopping him the didn't have as many starter concerns.  And I'm sure if they were able to ship out Contreras, They would have had a plan in place to get Garcia, or better.

Contreras has turned the corner and is pitching well of late.  The yanks aren't shopping him like they were before.

Also, Brad Halsey really had a quality outing the other day..

I think NY will hold out as long as Seattle will as long as their SPs don't self-destruct *cough*Munoz*cough*. :rolleyes:

I have a question about 'strikes', sorry if this is a stupid question, as I really don't understand all of the economics in baseball/baseball executives:

Why would the MLBPA/MLB executives set up a contract that would end before a season would end? Like - wasn't it two years ago that there was almost a strike, but it was avoided (I'm thinking around September). Anyone help me out here?

Every time KW is on it the same old " we will continue to look and pursue " shell game. You could play any interview he ever had with Mac and you would never know the year because nothing ever changes.

That's Kenny for ya...

I wasn't there, but I remember somebody citicized Kenny's offseason moves, then Ozzie snapped back saying that he wan't done yet. IIRC, At the time of Soxfest they had Uribe, but did they have Shingo, as well? I'm wondering if they had him or not because if we already had him, then Kenny apparently was done in the offseason. Can you verify that at all?

The guy said:

"Now that 04 is over, what is in store for 05?"

:lolhitting