What is Ozzie thinking?

fathom

Seriously, Ozzie Guillen might be the worst manager of pitchers that I have ever seen. He continues to leave batters in way too long. There's a reason that we have like 6 starters who have given up 7 or more earned runsi n a game. Ozzie has his head up his ass way too much when the Sox are in the field.

Exactly, the bullpen is awful. However, Ozzie is playing into the suckitude by bringing in Jackson to face a strong lefty in Broussard. Jackson has never been effective against lefties. KW proves his ingnorance by not addressing this problem, being the talent level of the relievers.

Seriously, Ozzie Guillen might be the worst manager of pitchers that I have ever seen.  He continues to leave batters in way too long.  There's a reason that we have like 6 starters who have given up 7 or more earned runsi n a game.  Ozzie has his head up his ass way too much when the Sox are in the field.

I'd rather have a tired mark buehrle in there then Mike Jackson, Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, everyone else out in the bullpen except for shingo and damaso but you can't use those guys every day and the bullpen has some major issues right now, along with the whole pitching staff.

I'd rather have a tired mark buehrle in there then Mike Jackson, Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, everyone else out in the bullpen except for shingo and damaso but you can't use those guys every day and the bullpen has some major issues right now, along with the whole pitching staff.

Exactly. And had Jackson gotten out of it we'd have a 'Guillen - the Genious' thread. Players gotta perform. A fastball right down the middle of the plate and Broussard said, 'Thank you sir!' and hit it out.

Exactly, the bullpen is awful.  However, Ozzie is playing into the suckitude by bringing in Jackson to face a strong lefty in Broussard.  Jackson has never been effective against lefties.  KW proves his ingnorance by not addressing this problem, being the talent level of the relievers.

Did you watch the game? Jackson was not brought in to face Broussard. Broussard was brought in after they called in Jackson. I guess Ozzie could have called in Dravenshannaglefroogle at that point, but would it have really mattered? We have one guy in the bullpen that gets guys consistently out. ONE GUY!!!!!!! Blame this all you want on the manager, but after seeing Buehrle give up 3 straight hits I saw enough of him. We need a lot of pitching on this staff. A 5th starter and 2 or 3 more bullpen guys. Maybe calling up Baj and Maj from the minors is a start. Something has to be done. I definately wouldn't blame it on Ozzie.

Jeff Bajenaru AA

W 1

L 0

ERA 1.01

G 26

CG 0

SHO 0

SV 10

IP 26.2

H 16

R 6

ER 3

HR 2

BB 7

SO 43

Gary Majewski AAA

W 1

L 2

ERA 2.9

G 29

CG 0

SHO 0

SV 12

IP 31

H 19

R 11

ER 10

HR 1

BB 13

SO 31

CALL THEM UP NOW!!!!! Send down Mike Jackson and Darrensfroogleshmeagleheimershmidt.

Did you watch the game? Jackson was not brought in to face Broussard. Broussard was brought in after they called in Jackson. I guess Ozzie could have called in Dravenshannaglefroogle at that point,

Well, no. The pitcher you bring in must face one batter, so Jackson had to pitch to Broussard. Not for long, mind you, but he had to pitch to Broussard.

ah hes doin fine

No hes not. His ERA is f***ing terrible(about 5.50), his WHIP is in Koch-land(1.40 or so), and he is allowing a BAA of .291. That's f***ing horrible. It's time for Mike Jackson to go on the 60-day DL for a sore shoulder(but in reality for sucking major ass)

SSI...the pitcher does have to face one batter or record an out, and that is an and/or situation. If he comes into the game in the bottom of the 8th with 2 outs and a runner on 1B, and he picks off the guy on 1B to end the inning, he does not have to face the hitter. However, I do believe that if it does not end the inning, he does have to face atleast one batter.

That's the only situation where a pitcher can come in and not have to face the batter...or atleast the only one I can think of off the top of my head.