Anyone Hear About B-Bonds

kevingrt13

He'll be the best pitcher in the majors in a few years, if not the best, then top 5.

I'd wager that many people were saying that about another Cub pitcher back in 1997 or 1998 (Kerry Wood), and had he not gotten injured, I believe they'd be right. So basically, to say that any young pitcher will be the best one day is expecting a bit much. Anything can happen, and a career-ending injury is just a line drive away these days, unfortunately.

I'll take MB over MP :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Jesus aka Mark Prior

I rather like that nickname!

It is clever in so many derogatory ways that I am laughing as I type this!

you know how those scrubs are.. they have a savior at every position.. including coach........ :D

He'll be the best pitcher in the majors in a few years, if not the best, then top 5.

I'd wager that many people were saying that about another Cub pitcher back in 1997 or 1998 (Kerry Wood), and had he not gotten injured, I believe they'd be right. So basically, to say that any young pitcher will be the best one day is expecting a bit much. Anything can happen, and a career-ending injury is just a line drive away these days, unfortunately.

If Prior doesn't get hurt, like Wood did, he'll be the best pitcher in baseball for a while.

Guest hotsoxchick1

If Prior doesn't get hurt, like Wood did, he'll be the best pitcher in baseball for a while.

???????????????????? you cant be serious............we have the best pitcher in mlb right here on the south side.....actually now we have two.......

A career ending injury from a line drive shall now be known as a "Wilbur Wood." By the way, it's Jesus H. Prior. :puke

???????????????????? you cant be serious............we have the best pitcher in mlb right here on the south side.....actually now we have two.......

THE best? No.

We've got arguably the 2nd best 1-2 punch in baseball (we MIGHT be better than the A's, but I don't think we're better than RJ and CS -- maybe MB and BC will prove me wrong).

And neither of the Sox dynamic duo are the best in the league. Mark is one of the top 3 lefties IMO (next to RJ and possibly Zito and/or Mulder). Bartolo is a great pitcher, but I don't think he's better than Pedro. He MIGHT be better than Curt and Tim Hudson.

So overall, we've got a kickass two-some. The best? Nah. Better than 95% of baseball? Yes.

Guest hotsoxchick1

THE best? No.

We've got arguably the 2nd best 1-2 punch in baseball (we MIGHT be better than the A's, but I don't think we're better than RJ and CS -- maybe MB and BC will prove me wrong).

And neither of the Sox dynamic duo are the best in the league. Mark is one of the top 3 lefties IMO (next to RJ and possibly Zito and/or Mulder). Bartolo is a great pitcher, but I don't think he's better than Pedro. He MIGHT be better than Curt and Tim Hudson.

So overall, we've got a kickass two-some. The best? Nah. Better than 95% of baseball? Yes.

alright smart ass that was actually in reply to prior being the best pitcher if he stays healthy.... now do you get it ............lol lol lol........

that was actually in reply to prior being the best pitcher if he stays healthy.... now do you get it

Hmmm...yes, I did notice that your post was in reply to Mark Prior being "the best pitcher in baseball in a few years".

And my post was in reply to your somewhat biased claim that "we already have the best pitcher in baseball".

I'm glad we got that straightened out.

Guest hotsoxchick1
that was actually in reply to prior being the best pitcher if he stays healthy.... now do you get it

Hmmm...yes, I did notice that your post was in reply to Mark Prior being "the best pitcher in baseball in a few years".

And my post was in reply to your somewhat biased claim that "we already have the best pitcher in baseball".

so are you saying that prior is better than any we have????

You gotta be f-ing kinding me!

Ya, it was an absolute Bomb.

Still, I wish the Sox had Prior.  He'll be the best pitcher in the majors in a few years, if not the best, then top 5.

Yeah, that looked like the bomb that Barry crushed in game two of the World Series against Percival. Both of those were crank shots. Yeah, I also wish the Cubs made another stupid mistake by trading an amazing prospect like Prior to us like they did with Garland.

Where did I say that?

I said that saying Prior will be the best in MLB in a couple years is a dangerous thing to say. The same thing was said of Kerry Wood after his first season, and then he got injured.

We've got 2 guys that are better than Prior. I don't know how you thought I said otherwise.