A realistic view of where we may be

aboz56

More bumpage -- And this isn't me picking on ABOZ...

One bad loss creates a thread like this, but a series sweep vs. our division rivals is likely to get everyone around here a little too high... There's still a ton of baseball to be played and anything can happen.

Here's to a 2 game lead though. :headbang

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy if you will but our biggest competition in the 2nd half will be the Tiggers.

They are likely to make a move if they are a few games back & we have the whole season series to play them next. More importantly they have some arms that have shut down the SOX in recent years.

This thing is far from over & the Twins could find themselves in 3rd or 4th before it's done.

Call me crazy if you will but our biggest competition in the 2nd half will be the Tiggers.

They are likely to make a move if they are a few games back & we have the whole season series to play them next.  More importantly they have some arms that have shut down the SOX in recent years.

This thing is far from over & the Twins could find themselves in 3rd or 4th before it's done.

No doubt about it. They can easily finish in 4th behind the Tigers and Indians. OH MY!

It's a weird schedule vs the Tiggers this year & it's definitely in their favor.

6 in Jul, 7 in Aug, & 6 in Sep. The 4 games series is at Det.

We took the series 11-8 last yr playing some of our worst ball.

I don't think we can win if we play the same way.

Hopefully the fact that Oz is our mgr & I-Rod is their best player will

keep the team from a letdown.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't call this a knee-jerk reaction to this game, this is a realistic view of what may be to come for the Sox.

Our next four series after this are At Minny, At Cubs, then Anaheim and Oakland at home as we head into the all-star break.  To me, without Maggs and our staff faltering like it is, this is a huge recipe to turn this club into sellers rather than buyers by the all-star break.  With Minnesota feasting on the Brewers this weekend and our debacle to come tomorrow with Diaz facing the Cubs, we could leave this weekend 5 games out of first place.  Then we play a 3 game set in Minny.

This season has the perfect recipe to get very ugly very quick very soon.

The way I look at it, unless something drastically changes, we will be 8-10 games out of the race by the all-star break and could be looking to sell some of our pieces rather than acquire.  While most of you won't like to admit this, much like KW, be prepared for it to be a realistic possibility soon.

The way I look at it, unless something drastically changes, we will be 8-10 games out of the race by the all-star break and could be looking to sell some of our pieces rather than acquire

Hey, as long as Randy "Giant Muskateer" Johnson is donning a Sox uniform at the ASG in Houston, it's all cool.

Kenny has 48 hours to swing the deal. :headbang

Hey, as long as Randy "Giant Muskateer" Johnson is donning a Sox uniform at the ASG in Houston, it's all cool.

Kenny has 48 hours to swing the deal. :headbang

ACtually IIRC they freeze all official activity until after the ASB. They don't want to detract from the ASG.

LIke Joe Torre managing the AL helps at all rolleyeyes.gif

ACtually IIRC they freeze all official activity until after the ASB.  They don't want to detract from the ASG.

LIke Joe Torre managing the AL helps at all rolleyeyes.gif

Yeah, Kenny really f***ed up by not getting him today. :headshake

Why do you want Randy here? We would have to overpay to get him and he's 41 years old! I don't really think we need another starter because once Scott is back to full strength, he is a serviceable 5th starter.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the above.

I think I'll just :puke