JM on Borchard

Cali

Borchard, who homered on Saturday, played all three outfield positions on Sunday and went 1-for-3 with a triple, which traveled over 400 feet, bouncing off the batter's eye wall in center field.

"I'm seeing some results," Manuel said of Borchard's early spring at-bats. "I'm really happy with the progress he's making. The guys are doing a good job, really, really working him hard and he is responding. It's good to see. Like I said, if this guy gets it, he could make the team interesting."

:headbang I'm starting to get this feeling, that Joe may force his way onto this team out of ST.

I'm not saying he can't come up and produce, but I feel they should give him two more months or so in the minors.

don't bring him up from the start, but instead, mid June early July.

keep him down, let him get his swings, and let him get hungrier and hungrier for the bigs.

I think what they did with Crede, although many don't like it, will lead to instant results. I think the same should be done with Borchard.

I'm not saying he can't come up and produce, but I feel they should give him two more months or so in the minors. 

don't bring him up from the start, but instead, mid June early July. 

keep him down, let him get his swings, and let him get hungrier and hungrier for the bigs. 

I think what they did with Crede, although many don't like it, will lead to instant results.  I think the same should be done with Borchard.

If they did the exact same thing with him as they did with crede, Borchard wouldn't be on the sox till like 2006

Borchard, who homered on Saturday, played all three outfield positions on Sunday and went 1-for-3 with a triple, which traveled over 400 feet, bouncing off the batter's eye wall in center field.

"I'm seeing some results," Manuel said of Borchard's early spring at-bats. "I'm really happy with the progress he's making. The guys are doing a good job, really, really working him hard and he is responding. It's good to see. Like I said, if this guy gets it, he could make the team interesting."

:headbang I'm starting to get this feeling, that Joe may force his way onto this team out of ST.

JM said, however, that he won't be an the opening say roster unless he does absolutley phenominal in spring training. Well, he looks very good to me so far in the three games the Sox have played so far. I would'nt be surprised to see him in the Sox outfield on either opening day, or, if not that day, very, very soon.

Borchard is one hell of a player; I just think he should stay in Triple AAA for a little bit until El Caballo slumps and Borchard can get a full-time job!

i think lee can stay in left and put JB in Center.

While I think JB could play CF, he may be just a tad too big to be a superstar defensively. I'd be much happier with JB in LF and Maggs in RF..... I'm drooling now as I think about it :headbang

Borchard is one hell of a player; I just think he should stay in Triple AAA for a little bit until El Caballo slumps and Borchard can get a full-time job!

While I think JB could play CF, he may be just a tad too big to be a superstar defensively. I'd be much happier with JB in LF and Maggs in RF..... I'm drooling now as I think about it :headbang

and who would you put in center???? i just dont think rowand will be has good has JB would and Lee is improving both offensivly and deffensivlly so why send him anywhere?

and who would you put in center???? i just dont think rowand will be has good has JB would and Lee is improving both offensivly and deffensivlly so why send him anywhere?

Deal/trade time. No way you put Caballo in CF but you can't bench him to put Borchard in LF either. The way it is now, if JB plays, you have to put him in CF. I was just merely stating that I think JB could be more effective defensively in LF.

I'm guessing they are counting on Rowand staying there and producing or the likes of Jeremy Reed or Willie Harris out there. Anthony Webster is a stud cf prospect, but won't be near ready then.

Deal/trade time. No way you put Caballo in CF but you can't bench him to put Borchard in LF either. The way it is now, if JB plays, you have to put him in CF. I was just merely stating that I think JB could be more effective defensively in LF.

Lee will be dealt at the deadline....and we will have Daubach/Borchard in LF and Rowand in CF....and Borchard can play CF as well with Rowand moving over to LF. It all works in the end.

If we can get a constant lineup going, that'd be great.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmmm, my opinion for what its worth... jb comes home here out of s.t., and now i know i sound like a broken record with this but...... i honestly think that if he were fed a steady diet of major league pitching instead of that mediocre stuff in the minors ( no offense to you mr. bullard)... he would be hitting a ton better than what he has...........the strike outs would cut way down and he would most likely be taking a bit more walks......but then again thats my humble opinion.............go on now discuss........ :D

hmmm, my opinion for what its worth... jb comes home here out of s.t., and now i know i sound like a broken record with this but...... i honestly think that if he were fed a steady diet of major league pitching instead of that mediocre stuff in the minors ( no offense to you mr. bullard)... he would be hitting a ton better than what he has...........the strike outs would cut way down and he would most likely be taking a bit more walks......but then again thats my humble opinion.............go on now discuss........ :D

Won't happen..... especially with JB himself saying that he "needs more work in the minors." Unless he has a lights-out ST and he gives the Tinkerer no choice but to put him down as the starting CF, it isn't going to happen.

Lee will be dealt at the deadline....and we will have Daubach/Borchard in LF and Rowand in CF....and Borchard can play CF as well with Rowand moving over to LF.  It all works in the end.

Hmmm..not only is what you're saying premature, it's also contradictory.

First off...why will "Lee be dealt at the deadline"? He's not making very much money, and I think he's definitely going to put up some better numbers this season. If he's playing well, there would be no reason at all to trade him at the deadline (unless we're out of the race completely, which isn't likely).

Secondly, you say that you want our lineup to be consistent, yet you're talking about trading our LF at the deadline? That doesn't make sense. The only way our lineup is going to be constant the whole season is if Borchard makes the team out of ST and is put in CF. Otherwise, there are probably going to be some changes at some point. If Borchard does make the team, this is the projected lineup...

C Olivo

1B Konerko

2B Jimenez

SS Valentin

3B Crede

LF Lee

CF Borchard

RF Ordonez

DH Thomas

Not too shabby.

Williams loves Lee, he'll be the DH in 2004 after Thomas leaves.

There sure are a lot of psychics on this board.

Frank has stated many times that he wants to finish his career in a Sox uniform, so I don't think he'll leave unless mangement strong arms him out the door. And if Frank returns to his usual self, there's no reason why they would do that.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Lee will be dealt at the deadline....and we will have Daubach/Borchard in LF and Rowand in CF....and Borchard can play CF as well with Rowand moving over to LF.  It all works in the end.

Hmmm..not only is what you're saying premature, it's also contradictory.

First off...why will "Lee be dealt at the deadline"? He's not making very much money, and I think he's definitely going to put up some better numbers this season. If he's playing well, there would be no reason at all to trade him at the deadline (unless we're out of the race completely, which isn't likely).

Secondly, you say that you want our lineup to be consistent, yet you're talking about trading our LF at the deadline? That doesn't make sense. The only way our lineup is going to be constant the whole season is if Borchard makes the team out of ST and is put in CF. Otherwise, there are probably going to be some changes at some point. If Borchard does make the team, this is the projected lineup...

C Olivo

1B Konerko

2B Jimenez

SS Valentin

3B Crede

LF Lee

CF Borchard

RF Ordonez

DH Thomas

Not too shabby.

id like that lineup just a tad bit more if it had miles in it.......... :D